Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-03-2000, 06:06 PM   #1
Darth Tater

An opinion about the election

I don't associate myself with any party, or either candidate. That said:

We already know the kind of job the next president of the United States will do. It doesn't matter which man it is.

It was theorized by some that Bush, though not a very intelligent man in his own right, would, if elected, surround himself with the best and brightest. Many people also assumed that Gore would do this, but also think for himself, since he was considered a smart fellow. Well, we were wrong.

Florida just proves it. Look at this legal battle. No matter which side you're on (if, indeed, you are brave or crazy enough to choose a side), there are huge errors made supposedly by the candidates which you can't ignore. Sure, Gore supporters will see more of Bush's errors, and vice versa for Bush supporters. But in an election where the majority of the people don't really support either candidate most people are seeing errors coming from both sides.

Bush has not surrounded himself with the best and the brightest. Take his speaches, for instance. They don't inspire. And his actions in Florida are certainly not worthy of praise.

But what about Gore? He's an intelligent man, right? Yes, he is. But he also has a fear of appearing wrong. That may be why he is listening to lawyers, hoping they know what the right thing to do is. Sadly, they don't.

So, because of this huge mess, we've been given an insight into how the next president will run our country, an insight that goes against what almost everyone believed.

Anyone who watches The West Wing will remember the passionate speach that Rob Lowe's character rambled off last week after listening to the president try to read a speach by an awefull writter. Why can't Gore write a speach like that? Why can't Bush hire people to write a speach like that? Someone tel me why we didn't all vote for Martin Sheen.
Old 12-03-2000, 06:10 PM   #2
Darth Tater

Re: An opinion about the election

BTW, I started a new thread for this cause I figured it would be nice to have a thread about the election where people didn't choose sides, but just expressed their opinions in general.
Old 12-03-2000, 07:54 PM   #3
gdl96

Wow. Makes me think. You may be on to something, Tater. Now I'm remembering how I felt a couple months ago...they're both idiots. Lets just kill both of them and have Nader become Prez or something. Nader would have made a good president.
Old 12-03-2000, 11:41 PM   #4
IronParrot

Joe Clark is the man.
Old 12-04-2000, 12:44 AM   #5
Johnny Lurker

Joe Clark...

... is too human to be a federal politician...
Old 12-04-2000, 12:46 AM   #6
IronParrot

Re: Joe Clark...

Exactly.
Old 12-04-2000, 02:50 PM   #7
Darth Tater

Er,,, McCain for president!
Old 12-04-2000, 08:22 PM   #8
gdl96

Ya, Tater!! McCain was much more certified than both Bush and Gore. I think he could have easily won the election if he had won the primaries!