Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #1
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

NJ Gov. McGreevey Resigns

omg! he's resigning!
can you believe it?! and right after that highlands bill went through!

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

and he's gay! even though he's been married-to a woman- 2 times and has kids including an infant!
who'd have thunk it!

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

oh, you beat me to it. I posted something about this in the gay, lesbian, bisexual topic.

Yeah, wow. He just admitted to being a gay american and having an affair with another man.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 05:00 PM   #4
HOBBIT

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5686618/

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 08-12-2004, 05:02 PM   #5
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

makes you wonder.... if gays had been allowed to marry.... would you see stuff like this?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 05:15 PM   #6
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

actually, if i understand correctly, he's up on sexual abuse charges, right?
i'm sorta listening to the news coverage and posting at the same time so my info is a little strung out lol

My Space!

Old 08-12-2004, 06:03 PM   #7
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I'm glad he's gone - he sucked as a governor. he had a 30% approval rating and I he finally moved up to a wopping 40% after being at 25% last year.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #8
HOBBIT

apparently, this guy he had been having an affair with had been blackmailing him for awhile.

McGreevey has been living an odd double life.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:53 PM   #9
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBIT
apparently, this guy he had been having an affair with had been blackmailing him for awhile.
From what I have heard - they are two different people. And he wasn't blackmailing him - but I haven't heard too much. What I heard was that a person who he met in Israel and gave $100,000/yr job to in charge of NJ homeland security is taking him to court for sexual harrassment. From what they hinted at is that McGreevey gave him the job to get him to keep his mouth shut. But supposedly the person he had the affair with is not this person. I coudl be wrong though. All this is right out of no where - everything that happened here. This is one thing no one expected. I figured he was going to end up resigning over the campaign contribution scandal.
Quote:
McGreevey has been living an odd double life.
That he has - especially since he's on all our damn tourism commercials as the ahppy family man with his wife next to him and his daughter on his shoulders.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 08-12-2004, 08:52 PM   #10
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

I think it's sad because I often think the "gay" people who are in relationships, even marriage, with the opposite sex do so as a result of the intense ostracizing the gay community gets. Of course I find extramarital affairs wrong and find it must be really hard on the wife, but on the other hand, homosexuals wouldn't be so incognito and using "marriage" as a beard if we had healthy attitudes towards the gay community.

Sadly, I think the right will spin this to their advantage.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:13 PM   #11
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok
I think it's sad because I often think the "gay" people who are in relationships, even marriage, with the opposite sex do so as a result of the intense ostracizing the gay community gets. Of course I find extramarital affairs wrong and find it must be really hard on the wife, but on the other hand, homosexuals wouldn't be so incognito and using "marriage" as a beard if we had healthy attitudes towards the gay community.

Sadly, I think the right will spin this to their advantage.
Yeah 0 as if the left doesn't spin ANYTHING to their advantage. The thing is - he was and is a terrible governor. He is currently being investigated for illegal campaign contributions. He tried to stick the state with the bill for his family reunion in Ireland, and he had the state pay for using the state helicopter to take him to weddings and personal events - instead of driving.

He has been a terrible governor since he started and NJ should be happy to be rid of him.

It just sucks that his mug is on all our tourism commercials - which are completely useless now - because it's him pretending to be a happy family man.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 08-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #12
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
Yeah 0 as if the left doesn't spin ANYTHING to their advantage. The thing is - he was and is a terrible governor. He is currently being investigated for illegal campaign contributions. He tried to stick the state with the bill for his family reunion in Ireland, and he had the state pay for using the state helicopter to take him to weddings and personal events - instead of driving.

He has been a terrible governor since he started and NJ should be happy to be rid of him.

It just sucks that his mug is on all our tourism commercials - which are completely useless now - because it's him pretending to be a happy family man.
I wasn't refering to his role as governor. That has nothing to do with him being a homosexual. I don't care if he was a bad governor, that has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:33 PM   #13
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok
I wasn't refering to his role as governor. That has nothing to do with him being a homosexual. I don't care if he was a bad governor, that has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.
But the thing is - supposedly this whole thing has far more than him just being gay. I don't personally care that he is gay - but the fact that he is on all our commercials and has presented himself as a happy family man. Also - how is he supposed to be a governor with all this going on in his life? How much time do you think he's going to be able to spend on issues in NJ while trying to deal with his family life. This isn't a small event in a family. It is much bigger for his familty than him having a standard affair.

I am sort of upset right now by the game he's playing though too. He announced his resignation, but he is not going to resign until AFTER the november elections. If he resigned before the elections - then we would be having a gubernatorial election come November and we would be able to vote for who our new governor would be. Becuase he is waiting though - the president of the Senate, who is a democrat, will be governor until November 2005 elections. Why not just resign and let the VOTERS vote for our next governor.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-12-2004 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:12 PM   #14
katya
Elven Maiden

[deleted by me lol]

Last edited by katya : 04-13-2009 at 05:56 PM.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 11:53 PM   #15
jerseydevil

Nightline is having on about it right now. It's rather interesting - but at this time so much is rumor. It seems as if a lot of what Hobbit was saying is the rumor - the person he had an affair with is blackmailing him.

McGreevey tried making him the terrorism czar for New Jersey, but the guy couldn't get security clearance. He is an Israeli national. McGreevey then made him an aid with a $110,000/yr salary for doing nothing.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-12-2004 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:47 AM   #16
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
You put your gouvenor in tourism commercials? That's.... creepy, I hope they never get that bright idea here...

Though it's rather hypocritical of him to resign only after the elections. That's the sort of politics that makes me weary of any politician.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:01 AM   #17
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
You put your gouvenor in tourism commercials? That's.... creepy, I hope they never get that bright idea here...
How is it creepy? It's a state commercial - the governor represents the state and invites vistors to the state. New Mexico's governor appears in their commercials, as do most governors. I just think that our governor shouldn't be in the commercials - because of reasons like this. The commercials are now ruined. The commercials are in no way creepy but since you have never seen them - I guess you wouldn't be able to make a judgement on them.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 08-13-2004, 05:07 AM   #18
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

No indeed, I haven't seem them. I was commenting more on the idea of having politicians in commercials to inspire people to pay your state a visit. It's probably just because I'm not too fond of politicians and was thinking how it would be when they would do it here too. It just seem odd to me, that's probably a better word for how it seems to me.

Last edited by Earniel : 08-13-2004 at 05:08 AM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 05:14 AM   #19
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
No indeed, I haven't seem them. I was commenting more on the idea of having politicians in commercials to inspire people to pay your state a visit. It's probably just because I'm not too fond of politicians and was thinking how it would be when they would do it here too. It just seem odd to me, that's probably a better word for how it seems to me.
Okay - that sounds better than creepy.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 08-13-2004, 11:08 AM   #20
HOBBIT

Is it a requirement that JD post after everyone who replies? :P

He is also in those DMV commercials.