Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2001, 03:32 AM   #1
gdl96

Presidential Inauguration...

...with Ricky Martin performing.
"She bangs, she bangs..."
Another presidential affiar soon...?

I'll give Bush a chance. Maybe he could be a could prez. Well, I hope he is!

Did Jon ever get a proper inauguration? What about me?
Old 01-20-2001, 06:11 PM   #2
bmilder

Re: Presidential Inauguration...

Hail to the thief!
Old 01-20-2001, 06:24 PM   #3
Johnny Lurker

Hehe...

This little thread has reminded me about how much I don't care about American politics, despite the massive effect they have on Canadian ones.
Old 01-20-2001, 11:53 PM   #4
Gilthalion

Re: Hehe...

"Hail to the Thief"

I could think of other things for a band to play as Clinton was finally pried out of office, but that will do!

[c] !!![/c]

We have witnessed once again the bloodless overthrow and change of power from the hands of one faction to those of another that is the hallmark of the American system of government.

The Oath of Office and the 21 gun salute are mandated by the U.S. Constitution as a part of the inaugural ceremony.

There is a symbolic meaning to the firing of those guns.

We have substituted the ballot for the bullet. Should our system fail, we're back to bullets.

It was a close election, and it's result was fair. Even the press sponsored recounts and the Civil Rights Commission hearings have not presented evidence to the contrary.

After the Miami-Dade recount gave Bush 6 more votes (instead of 600 to Gore, as his camp guestimated with errant statistics), I am now convinced that even if Gore had followed a legitimate road to a recount (and he didn't) he still would have lost. He had a case for a recount and blew it. But even if he had gotten it, he still didn't QUITE get enough votes to win.

I'll say this for him. Al Gore left the scene with some grace and dignity. His speech was fantastic. Had he campaigned like that, he could have won.

He would have been a much better President than Clinton.

I'm not sorry to see Slick Willie go. Even with his plea bargains, pardons, and fingernails s****ing the door frames as he was dragged out kicking and screaming.

I expect to hear from him Monday.
Old 01-23-2001, 04:03 PM   #5
Gilthalion

Re: Hehe...

I found this out there and shamelessly copied it!

Old 01-23-2001, 06:49 PM   #6
Johnny Lurker

That whole business with the pardons...

... has me disgusted.

Take the egg on your face while you stand by your decisions, instead of shouting them out as you slip into obscurity (oblivion?).

Spineless is an understatement.
Old 01-24-2001, 06:19 PM   #7
Gilthalion

Re: That whole business with the pardons...

You may have noticed that on the list of Clinton's Inaugural Day pardons was his own brother, Roger.

Roger Clinton has had a lot of drug problems. There is a surveilance tape from when he got busted back in Arkansas. It features him saying, CAN YOU GET MORE? MY BROTHER HAS A NOSE LIKE A VACCUUM CLEANER!
Old 01-24-2001, 07:50 PM   #8
Johnny Lurker

*ROFLMAO*

That's rich.