Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-24-2001, 09:11 PM   #1
etherealunicorn

free ebook site...

I feel obligated to post this notice, since it does concern literature, which is never a waste, and I know that the folks here are readers. Also, many of you are still in school, with assigned reading in Lit classes. I found a site which has numerous books, essays, etc, free for download and perfectly legal, but it is an ftp site. But a great deal of the site's content is stuff that Lit teachers have assigned for years (Moby Dick, Heart of Darkness, Alice in Wonderland, etc).

Anyway, if this is old news, then disregard this post. But this is a really great deal, if it is not important to have a physical book. If you are interested, I have a complete file of titles available and I will email it to you, but you have to email me and let me know you want it. And you need that file, because the book files on these sites are pretty ambiguous in title.

To the admins: I am sorry if this is construed as an advertisement and belongs there instead, but I posted it here, since it is more of a personal note for the board's members FYI. However, move it as you like.

To any interested members, email me at unicorn315@yahoo.com and let me know that you want this file and give me an address to send to. And don't worry that I will send you a virus or something - just a text file and one scanned for infection anyway.

Peace, folks, and happy reading

Etherealunicorn
Old 01-24-2001, 11:34 PM   #2
anduin

Don't worry....not considered advertising. :)

Hullo! Glad to see you back!
Old 01-25-2001, 03:47 AM   #3
Johnny Lurker

Hmmm... are you sure it's legal?

It strikes me that some of that literature _might_ (I repeat, _might_) still be under copyright.
Old 01-25-2001, 11:56 PM   #4
Fat middle

Re: free ebook site...

glad to hear of you, EU
Old 01-26-2001, 01:01 AM   #5
juntel

Re: free ebook site...

I don't know what EU's ftp site is, but an oldie for free public domain ebooks is Project Gutenberg at www.gutenberg.net
Old 01-26-2001, 01:26 AM   #6
Johnny Lurker

Project Gutenberg rocks.

NT