Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-29-2001, 07:08 PM   #1
Tar Melian

SuperBowl Comments anyone?

Just thought I'd try a new topic!

If anyone was watching last nite, weren't the 360 degree cam views pretty neat?!

Also, I got rather nostalgic watching Aerosmith-esp. the last song!

The commercials were for the most part...cruddy...Jack's chicken!
Old 01-29-2001, 08:37 PM   #2
gdl96

Re: SuperBowl Comments anyone?

The game was pretty good. I thought the best part was when there were three TDs scored in 36 seconds.

I felt that halftime show was a disgrace to that song. Britney, NSYNC, and Nelly taking Run DMC's part? No.

There were some pretty good comercials.
Old 01-29-2001, 10:10 PM   #3
SilvaRanger

Re: SuperBowl Comments anyone?

Started of ok, then got boring cos it was too one sided. Hey I'm english I don't understand american football Though that 2 minute period was quite good.
As for half time show, consider yourselfs lucky, over here we don't even get a halftime show! I enjoyed Aerosmith.
Old 01-30-2001, 03:22 AM   #4
Johnny Lurker

Well, I caught part of it.

I guess I'm not huge on American football... or watching football, for that matter. I prefer to play. (Of course, it goes without saying that if it was the Grey Cup, I'd have been glued to the set)

I didn't catch too much of the information about the pre-game and halftime shows, either. Of all the artists that I've heard about, I don't think there's one of them that I could say anything positive, neutral, or even mildly negative about (granted that I'm not familiar with Ray Charles), and so I'll choose to remain silent on that... unless, of course, Ben decides to turn this into the official BBB (Boy Band Bashing) thread, and I somehow doubt that'll happen.
Old 01-30-2001, 04:02 PM   #5
SilvaRanger

Re: Well, I caught part of it.

Whats the grey cup?
Old 01-30-2001, 04:04 PM   #6
Tar Melian

Hey,Johnny

I know I'm about to show my ignorance....but, uh, what is the Gray Cup?? (By the way, I'm not a football nut by any means, I just watched the commercials!)
Old 01-31-2001, 06:51 PM   #7
Miralys

Re: Hey,Johnny

Well I'm not much into football but I watched simply cause there's only one tv in the commons room and there was no way I was gonna convince the others to change the channel.

I enjoyed many of the commercials. Truthfully I thought they were better than the game. I was kinda antsy waiting for half time becuase I wanted to see Aerosmith.

I was thoroughly disappointed. What a debacle. I cannot understand the logic that went into that fiasco, nor can I find any. Hee hee. Disappointed as I was it was funny to watch the guys reaction to the half time show. :lol:
Old 02-02-2001, 12:19 AM   #8
Darth Tater

Re: Hey,Johnny

96 yards, then 84, that was funny.

The commercials weren't. I've seen better. Where's the glory of "1984"?
Old 02-02-2001, 09:44 PM   #9
Johnny Lurker

The Grey Cup...

... is the veritable Holy Grail of the entire contact-football world, Vince Lombardi trophy be darned. (Some silly Americans might argue, but they're a hundred percent wrong. Period. No argument will be brooked. I take my football very seriously. The XFL thinks that it's so revolutionary with its new rules... guess who never had a fair catch in the first place?)

More historically (and objectively) speaking, it's a hundred-or-so year old trophy given to the league by the Lord Earl Grey (yes, the tea guy). I'm not a hundred percent sure about this, but I think it's made of silver (or some sort of silver/nickel alloy) and has been expanded several times. (I have a t-shirt that talks about its history, but I'm too lazy to dig it up). The name, "The Grey Cup" also refers to the annual game in which the Cup is competed for, played at rotating locations around Canada.