Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2004, 11:23 PM   #1
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Final Fantasy

This is a thread for everyone who loves and enjoys the Final Fantasy series.
I have played Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10-2.

FF7: Completely beaten this one, except for Emerald and Ruby Weapons.
Favorite Character: Vincent Valentine.

FF8: Still working on beating this one. I am a master of Triple Triad.
Favorite Character: Zell.

FF9: Still working on this one, too.
Favorite Character: Amarant Coral.

FF10: Beaten, except for a few little things.
Favorite Character: Sir Auron.

FF10-2: Only 52% complete, and my friend whom I borrowed it from took it back, and I don't think I'll be borrowing it again.
Favorite Character: Paine.

I have not played any of the others.
I know there are some FF fans here, but I hope to discover more.

Last edited by Estel13 : 03-27-2004 at 11:59 PM.
Estel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I've played ff7 and I'm currently playing ff8. I've collected most of the GFs, but I'm still rallying up the last few before I battle against Ultimecia. Man, that castle is creepy....
Old 03-27-2004, 11:57 PM   #3
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Yeah, I hate that dang organ music in the background. If you beat Ultimecia, tell me how you did it, would you, because I've never beaten her! I hate that b****.
Do you like Triple Triad?
Old 03-28-2004, 04:13 AM   #4
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Can't believe the Final Fantasy series didn't already have their own thread.
I've been a fan for a decade. I remember my first Final Fantasy game, which was for Game Boy. It was called Mystic Quest (Final Fantasy Adventure in the US, Seiken Denetsu in Japan - the prequel of the popular 'Secret of Mana' series ) and I played it for years, I never got tired of it. To this day, I think it's the best FF game ever made
Square Enix has released a new version of Final Fantasy Adventure for Game Boy Advance that looks a lot better than the original game. It's called 'Sword of Mana' and if you got a GBA, do purchase it!

I also enjoyed playing Final Fantasy III (FF VI in Japan) and Final Fantasy VII (where I totally owned Emerald and Ruby weapons ). Didn't care much for Final Fantasy VIII, beat the first CD and then got tired of the game.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 03-28-2004 at 11:17 AM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:13 AM   #5
katya
Elven Maiden

Final Fantasy VII: Beaten it a few times, countless hours, kick Emerald and Ruby Weapons' asses! Actually, I've only played all the way through twice, buts that's only because my disc two was really scratched and I had to borrow it from my friend.
Favourite Character: varies from day to day. Today it's Rufus.

Final Fantasy VIII: beat it twice (the second time was two days ago.). I beat mostly everything except Omega weapon, since I don't know how to find it...Oh yeah, and Estel13, I could so beat you in Triple Triad!
Favourite Character: Right now it's Seifer, but mostly Squall and Rinoa.

Final Fantasy IX: I played for about an hour and a half. I don't even own it.

Final Fantasy X: Beat it once, and I'm taking a break before doign it again. There's still a lot of stuff left for me to do though
Favourite Character: Seymour (just kidding! I hate that guy!) Actually, for now, I kind of like Braska. I like all the playable characters except Kimahri. (he didn't really have a personallity)

Jonathan, I'm jealous; it seems like you've played a lot of cool games, and I've only been a fan for about a year and a half.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:28 AM   #6
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by katya
Jonathan, I'm jealous; it seems like you've played a lot of cool games, and I've only been a fan for about a year and a half.
Some of the old Final Fantasy games for GameBoy, Nintendo and Super Nintendo are available for download. I recommend checking them out, it's like investigating the roots of the FF series. And they're bloody good too, perhaps better than the newest FF games.

[edit] Anyone played Final Fantasty XI yet?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 03-28-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 04:15 PM   #7
katya
Elven Maiden

My computer's so slow...I'm sure I could find the real thing somewhere (well, maybe not all of them). I've been wanting to buy FF Origins...

Final Fantasy Tactics: I haven't played this one too much yet, but it's pretty cool.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:49 PM   #8
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Quote:
...Oh yeah, and Estel13, I could so beat you in Triple Triad!
Yeah, right. I would so totally kick your @$$.
What rules are we talking? Maybe we can figure out a way to play Triple Triad verbally, and see just who can beat who.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:58 PM   #9
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I've only played III/VI and Crystal Chronicles, though I'm aware that the latter is more of a spin-off than a primary instalment of the franchise. As for III/VI, I actually primarily like it for the music, and the inventiveness of certain sequences like the opera house scene.

Can't stand the random battle system, though - but maybe that's because I got started on RPGs by way of Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger and EarthBound, which allow you to dodge enemies in most cases if you don't want to bother fighting.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:53 PM   #10
katya
Elven Maiden

I hear ya, IP. I'm not too keen on random enemy encounters myself, especially when it changes the music. I'm just getting into it, and then annoying battle music pops up. *sigh*

I just got X-2! How exciting! It's pretty corny- very Charlie's Angels, I'm afraid. However, it seems like it could be really fun. I like the dress spheres, and how you can go on missions whenever. I like how the battle system is so fast paced though. The fact that everyone is doing something at once really keeps you on your toes. It makes me more sloppy though. In X, with CTB, I took my time and thought of the best possible stragegy. I basically play X-2 by instinct. It's a bit refreshing. Even though you can't have any bad-ass dudes in the party. Well, that's what I got out of the first couple hours anyway.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #11
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Final Fantasy

what do you guys think of it? is it good, bad, easy, complicated, fun, boring etc? post your thoughts here.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #12
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

entertainment forum, i think...

*moved*

er

*moved*

nothing's happening!

ah, to be a mod...it'll happen eventually...
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #13
jammi567

opps, i wasn't sure where it should be, so i stuck it here, so more people would see it then if it was in the entertainment forum.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #14
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

well, it's going to be moved, that's my point.
----------------
Old 07-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #15
jammi567

i know, i know.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #16
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

anyway, i love final fantasy. my favorite is...i believe it's 6. either 5 or 6. the one where the blitz moves were introduced. yes. wonderful game.
----------------
Old 07-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #17
jammi567

i personally love X because it has such a deep and insightful storyline, with a very satifying ending.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #18
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

ah, X. now, here's a quesion. do you mean "X", or 10? square enix did a bad title job there, as they use all roman numerals...
----------------
Old 07-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #19
jammi567

roman numeral X = english number 10

Old 07-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #20
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

oh, you meant 10 than. yes. it was good. anyway, yeah, see, they had 10, but around the same time they released a series called final fantasy X, as in, the letter X. confusing, for discussions in text...X(letter) is the series following those three young lasses...
----------------