Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Endangered Hotmail-accounts!!!!

Due to the general increase of accounts Hotmails has decided to reduce them drastically by sending out a mail which must be forwarded to at least 10 other account-owners. If there is any other Mooter which also is a hotmail-owner, could that person or persons please send me their adresses thus allowing me to save my account and theirs to.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:56 PM   #2
Beor
founder of the color blue

Do I need to send it through Hotmail? If not, it is in my profile. Do whatever you want with it (except get into my personal history and delete me from existance )
Old 03-24-2004, 03:58 PM   #3
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I got this email a few months ago, though I can't remember how many people I sent it on to. My accounts still open - so are the ones I don't use. Well if you need my email just PM me asking for it. (That goes with everyone). I don't like posting my email across the net!

PS. congratulations on 1000 posts Beor!
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 03-24-2004, 04:10 PM   #4
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Are you sure? I didn't get this message... My hotmail adress is on Entmoot if you want it.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:11 PM   #5
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

You realize this is just a myth right?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 03-24-2004, 04:14 PM   #6
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Wow, another chain letter. People still fall for these?
Old 03-24-2004, 04:23 PM   #7
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Thanks all you people. Hope this will do the trick.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:29 PM   #8
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Wow, another chain letter. People still fall for these?
Yup. I just automatically pass them on. There's something soothing about filling up peoples inboxes.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 03-24-2004, 05:38 PM   #9
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Don't bother, this isn't true. Mails stating that "Hotmails has decided to reduce the number of accounts" have been circulating before. There is no truth in them whatsoever.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:40 PM   #10
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yea... sounds kind of... 'crocky' to me .
Old 03-24-2004, 05:54 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

As others have said - the e-mail is fake. As is the one that there is going to be a tax on e-mail accounts and many many others.

People send these out - and then people forward them all over the place. It actually causes a performance hit to the net. If people don't want the net to become bogged down - don't forward these things. Some of these chain mails have a noticeable affect on the performance of the internet that IS observable.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-24-2004, 05:58 PM   #12
Ruinel
Banned

Re: Endangered Hotmail-accounts!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Grey_Wolf
Due to the general increase of accounts Hotmails has decided to reduce them drastically by sending out a mail which must be forwarded to at least 10 other account-owners. If there is any other Mooter which also is a hotmail-owner, could that person or persons please send me their adresses thus allowing me to save my account and theirs to.
no

Glad you've got some sense to listen to these people. Besides, anytime I get anything from *@hotmail.com, it's probably spam. So, I delete it.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:01 PM   #13
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
I got this email a few months ago, though I can't remember how many people I sent it on to. My accounts still open - so are the ones I don't use. Well if you need my email just PM me asking for it. (That goes with everyone). I don't like posting my email across the net!
You create several accounts. One is your account for people you know well, one is for business/school. And at least one is for registering for boards, or legitimate sites on the Net. Then there's the one "trash" account. That's for anything you don't care about... mine get's loads of spam a day from stuff I had to register for. I don't even check it but once a month to clean it out.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:34 PM   #14
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Don't bother, this isn't true. Mails stating that "Hotmails has decided to reduce the number of accounts" have been circulating before. There is no truth in them whatsoever.
Yes,the hotmail staff even mentioned it in their newsletters that it was a fake, that they had nothing to do with it and that if they were thinking of something like that, they would contact everyone themselves. But I suppose not everybody reads their newletters. They're usually boring and full of advertising too anyway.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:06 PM   #15
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i have gotten this letter at least a dozen times. but i always delete it and my account hasnt shut down yet plus if you dont go on your account it shuts itself down in 60 days
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:57 PM   #16
gdl96
the greg the admin

Wow.

By the way, the word gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Closing.
Closed Thread