Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2004, 01:59 PM   #1
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

How about a Muppet LOTR remake?

Casting could be difficult, and interrelated. For example, would Miss Piggie be Galadriel, Arwen, or Eowyn (or, for that matter, a nice cameo as Lobelia).
If she's Eowyn (great casting) then Kermit would be Aragorn, but Kermie would also be interesting as Bilbo with his little cousin as Frodo. Or Frodo and Piggie as Galadriel and Celeborn.
Of course, as Eowyn she'd have some great double takes deciding whether to chase Legolas or Aragorn. And poor Wormtongue would be tossed out of Edoras with one karate chop!

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!
Tuor of Gondolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 03:42 PM   #2
azalea
Long lost mooter

I think she should be Arwen. Janis (that girl from The Electric Mayhem) should be Galadriel, and Prairie Dawn should be Eowyn. Elmo and Zoe could be Tom Bombadil and Goldberry. Kermit would be Aragorn, Fozzie would be Sam, Grover and Gonzo could be Pippin and Merry. Animal could be the Balrog. Big Bird could be Gandalf. The Swedish Chef could be Butterbur. You could have live actors for Boromir, Faramir, and Denethor. Oscar could be Elrond (tee hee - that was for everyone who thought movie Elrond was too grouchy!). Rosita could play Rosie. (Can you tell I have preschoolers? I know all the names, lol!)
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 04:53 PM   #3
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
I think she should be Arwen. Janis (that girl from The Electric Mayhem) should be Galadriel, and Prairie Dawn should be Eowyn. Elmo and Zoe could be Tom Bombadil and Goldberry. Kermit would be Aragorn, Fozzie would be Sam, Grover and Gonzo could be Pippin and Merry. Animal could be the Balrog. Big Bird could be Gandalf. The Swedish Chef could be Butterbur. You could have live actors for Boromir, Faramir, and Denethor. Oscar could be Elrond (tee hee - that was for everyone who thought movie Elrond was too grouchy!). Rosita could play Rosie. (Can you tell I have preschoolers? I know all the names, lol!)
Pretty good choices, but perhaps as alternates you could have Robin (Kermit's nephew) as Pippin, Animal or Gonzo as Gollum (or use both of them for Gollum/Smeagol). I can't come up with a good Frodo, unless Kermit could play a dual role as Frodo and Aragorn (now that's wierd!) Zoot could be the Balrog. He could come after Gandalf with his saxaphone!

And, WAIT A MINUTE...this just in...Lew Zeeland could also play the part of Gollum! (Remember him? The guy with the boomerang fish act???)

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...
Beruthiel's cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:00 PM   #4
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

Umm. But wouldn't Gonzo be a great Gollum?

Miss Piggie would work as Arwen, but beware! There's no way you could keep her from going to Helm's Deep to help out her little Kermie ( I mean, Arry- or whatever). She'd do a great job kicking the orcs and Dunlendings off the walls as they tried to scale them. And she'd make a great entrance for the coronation/marriage scenes.

Sam would certainly stir things up in Rivendell in the rooms for reciting poetry:
"Hey, hey, hey. I'm here to tell you jokes both old and rare!"

Title:
The Muppets Take Mordor! ?

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!
Old 03-24-2004, 05:19 PM   #5
Beruthiel's cat

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor of Gondolin

Title:
The Muppets Take Mordor! ?

LOL!

~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 03-24-2004, 05:46 PM   #6
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
The Swedish Chef could be Butterbur.
He'd make a wonderful butterbur. If Tom Bombadil was to be included in the remake, the Chef could play him as well. Some of Bombadil's songs makes as much sense as the Chef.

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo - bork! bork! bork!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #7
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Gonzo is too good a guy to be Gollum. That should be left to Animal's jailbird-type explosive friend. And Gonzo could play Eomer. Rizzo could be Wormtongue, Fozzy could be Theoden, Kermit would proabably have to star as Frodo, with live actors for Gandalf and Sam. Legolas... ah, wouldn't have to be included. Angel Marie should be Gimli, and Sweetums would be a perfect balrog. There aren't many muppet women (muppettes?), but Miss Piggy would be best as Eowyn.

I like this idea. It should be done someday for real. (maybe... nah... such a big opportunity to mess up)

Last edited by Bombadillo : 03-24-2004 at 11:00 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #8
Beruthiel's cat

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Rizzo could be Wormtongue
Perfect casting!!!!! When he's booted out of Edoras, he could fly all the way to Isengard an slpat against the tower! (Perhaps they would have to change his name to "Rat-tongue" however!)

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 03-25-2004, 04:14 PM   #9
azalea
Long lost mooter

Oh, yes, I like Sweetums better as the Balrog. Maybe Animal as Gollum then. He has to be in there somewhere.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:42 PM   #10
dawningoftime
Enting

Robin, Kermits newphew, would be Frodo and Kermit would be Aragorn. Miss Piggy would be Arwen because that way she would be able to marry Aragorn.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:11 PM   #11
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

Originally posted by dawningoftime
Robin, Kermits newphew, would be Frodo and Kermit would be Aragorn. Miss Piggy would be Arwen because that way she would be able to marry Aragorn.

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!
Old 03-25-2004, 07:27 PM   #12
dawningoftime
Enting

Well I thought she could be Eowyn, but we all now how well she deals with rejection.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:10 PM   #13
Mrs Maggot
Enting

Quote:
The Swedish Chef could be Butterbur.
That's a great idea, but I love the Swedish chef so I'd want to give him a really big role… say, Gandalf for example? It makes me laugh cos it's so contrary to how the character of Gandalf is conceived. it'd be like having Kermit as Arwen trying to look sad and droopy in all her sad, droopy scenes… it's such a funny idea!
Old 03-29-2004, 06:05 PM   #14
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
as long as we're casting, I say we make The Hobbit too, with the Honkers and Dingers as the dwarves, Kermit as Bilbo, and Sweetums playing Beorn... Sweetums is my favorite. Robin and Kermit would also make a great Frodo and Bilbo

I say that Merry and Pippin are played by Gonzo and Rizzo. That way they could say "Who would have thought Isengard could be taken over by a mouse and a.... whatever."

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:05 PM   #15
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

Originally posted by Nariel
as long as we're casting, I say we make The Hobbit too, with the Honkers and Dingers as the dwarves, Kermit as Bilbo, and Sweetums playing Beorn... Sweetums is my favorite. Robin and Kermit would also make a great Frodo and Bilbo

In a slight movie adaptation, Kermit is falling for Arwen until Miss Piggy follows him from Hobbiton (she's a Cotton) karate chops Arwen to Lorien and then joins him on the quest (boy, are those poor wargs in for a surprise)!

Alternately (if Liv isn't available) she shows up at the Battle of Five Armies (instead of Beorn) to save her Kermy.

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!

Last edited by Tuor of Gondolin : 03-29-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:01 PM   #16
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor of Gondolin
Aren't we forgetting moi ?

In a slight movie adaptation, Kermit is falling for Arwen until Miss Piggy follows him from Hobbiton (she's a Cotton) karate chops Arwen to Lorien and then joins him on the quest (boy, are those poor wargs in for a surprise)!

Alternately (if Liv isn't available) she shows up at the Battle of Five Armies (instead of Beorn) to save her Kermy. [/B]
but wasn't the battle of five armies in the hobbit? *ducks as ToG throws old shoe at her*

lol, i luv the muppets! that would be soooo funny to have them do version of the trilogy; can you imagine the look on peter jackson's face?

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:26 PM   #17
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Are we permitted to use all of the different type of muppets?

If we are, we could use some from the "Dark Crystal"

I think the Gelfling (sp?) could make a great Frodo.

You could use the crab/spider creatures (I am not really sure what they were) as orcs.

There are probably other characters from the "Dark Crystal" that can be used, but is has been many years since I have seen the film and I do not remember all of the characters.

For gollum, maybe you could use the cookie monster, since he has an overpowering desire for rings (err I mean cookies)

Post 361: sq19

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Last edited by mithrand1r : 03-31-2004 at 07:28 PM.
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:11 PM   #18
zinnite
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by mithrand1r
Are we permitted to use all of the different type of muppets?
Well then, what about Fraggles? Or Sesame Street characters? To whom can we speak to see if this can actually happen? It's one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time.
"WHERE? WHERE?"
"Oh. Well, it blazes up from a crimson-sheathed visage brooding darkly above the haunted towers of impotent indignity which, like melons hovering unhappily over lifetimes of empty meaning which-"
"THE ADDRESS!"
"Oh. Oh, I didn't notice. But look for a brooding, glaring trail of cosmic fury rising from a crimson-sheathed visage-"
They lead him back to his car, and send him on. -- Philip K. Dick

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." -- Diderot
zinnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 04:36 PM   #19
AL.D
Sapling

This is the funniest thing I've ever read.

How about Beaker as the Mouth of Sauron!?!

(May need subtitles.)
AL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:20 PM   #20
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by AL.D
This is the funniest thing I've ever read.

How about Beaker as the Mouth of Sauron!?!

(May need subtitles.)

Excellent suggestion.

(Subtitles are acceptable if necessary. )

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote