Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2001, 02:48 PM   #1
Fat middle

Member security option

does anybody know where is that option to prevent your password to remain in the hard disk? i remember having read about it, but with so many ezboard upgrades i don't know if it's still available.

the problem is that i've posted sometimes from a computer of the public library, and i just realized that one of my "recently visited boards" is an "ADSLxever" or so, thatb i'm sure i've never visited... ergo somebody is using my account

should i change my password and never again post from the library?
Old 04-29-2001, 07:39 PM   #2
Spock1

Re: Member security option

I too notice that feature no longer in the control area of ezboards. As a matter of fact, today when I went to several boards, I wasn't logged in (even with cookies enabled). Had to go through the process of signing in each board all over; what a drag.
Try mailing ezboard to see if they're planning to reinstate that security feature. You may just have to "clear disc cache" on the computer when you're done to erase the automatic using of a previously cached password by the program.
Old 04-29-2001, 10:22 PM   #3
bmilder

Re: Member security option

Does logging out work? :/
Old 04-30-2001, 01:36 AM   #4
galadriel1

Logging in...

What IS it with this login nonsense now? I used to always stay logged in for several days at a time if I thought I was going to be on a lot. Or I`d stay logged in all day if I knew I was going to be jumping off and on throughout the day. I was never logged out unless I clicked on the logout option. NOW I have to log in every single time I jump on! Most of the time, I don`t even bother logging in anymore `cause it takes time, especially if I just want to just check briefly and make only one or two quick posts. It`s a pain in the butt to keep logging in EVERY single time I want to post something so I just don`t log in most of the time now. If I want to reply, I just scroll down to the bottom of a thread and reply from there. You can`t use your pic or sig. but no biggie there. It should be my decision whether I want to stay logged in or not, NOT ezboard`s! I have written them regarding the issue; no response yet.
Old 04-30-2001, 01:40 AM   #5
galadriel1

Re: Logging in...

Ok, now that I`ve made a post, I AM logged back in w/out going to login option. Sometimes that happens; sometimes it does not. Freaky!
Old 05-02-2001, 02:41 PM   #6
Jedi Eowyn

Hi. I logged out for this... I'm posting right now without logging in. It means typing my own subject line and password everytime. Would that help you?
Old 05-02-2001, 03:29 PM   #7
Miralys

Re: .

That's interesting. I never seem to have that problem. I am always logged in unless I actually "log out" or unless I have cleared my cookies and internet history.