Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #1
aki
Hobbit

If you'd get the chance to be in middle-earth, who would you be?

i'd be a lady elf and be the 10th member of the fellowship of the ring.
aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Hmmm, being some Gondorian Warrior would do me fine...

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 06:53 PM   #3
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I'd be happy to be anyone (except an orc), if I was in Middle-earth, but, I think I'd be an Elf.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Aragorn. I'd be an adventurer in my younger years, marry an elf-princess (which means some lovin'! ) and be the King of Men. What more could you ask for?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 07:32 PM   #5
Ella Nyneve
Hobbit

Strider

I myself would probably want to be an elf maiden, probably from Rivendell or Mirkwood. I wouldn't have to be particularly beautiful or anything. So long as I could travel all throughout the lands of Middle-Earth, maybe meet any member of the Fellowship, I'd die a happy lass.

"I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something." "What're we holding onto, Sam?" "That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for."~ Frodo & Sam, LotR:TTT

"Madame Gaston, can't you just see it? Madame Gaston, his little wife! No sir! Not me! I guarantee it! I want much more than this provincial life! I want adventure in the great, wide SOMEWHERE. I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand, to have someone... understand. I want so much more than they've got planned..."~ Belle, Beauty & The Beast
Ella Nyneve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 08:14 PM   #6
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

probably elrond... he was in on almost all the good stuff
Old 02-15-2004, 11:20 PM   #7
Aewionen
Elf Lord

As long as I can look upon the White Tower, I'll be fine Amen Twista!
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:50 AM   #8
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Is this really a movie thread... or should it be in Middle-Earth forum?
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:55 AM   #9
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

I'd be either a Numenorian or a Maia.

I think that this should be in the Middle Earth thread though
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:15 AM   #10
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quite possibly I'd be an elf. As long as I could just wander and spend my life with trees.....
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 12:09 AM   #11
Mrs Maggot
Enting

Gandalf

I would definitely like to be a female wizard… I don't think there were any… but it'd be cool anyway!
Old 02-17-2004, 02:49 AM   #12
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

ohh, i don't have any particularly high aspirations... one of the Aratar would suit me fine. probably Varda, although Yavanna or Nienna would also be fine (except for all that weeping). hey you didn't day what period of middle-earth...
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:29 AM   #13
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
The chief scribe and archivist of Gondor. Denethor strikes me as the kind of Steward that would want everything written down and recorded. How cool would that be to sit in on some of those confrontations with Gandalf? Of course I'd have to give Aragorn/Elessar my resume in order to continue my duties under the new regime...which would be even better!

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...
Beruthiel's cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 04:51 PM   #14
azalea
Long lost mooter

Yes, this belongs in ME. Moving. (It may be redundant anyway. I'm not sure how old a similar thread is.)
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:39 PM   #15
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Aragorn... or one of the Rangers of the North who met him in Rohan... preferably not Halbarad, but one who survived the Pelennor Fields and the Black Gate to be able to return to the north... or Valandil ( ), or one of the other kings of Arnor or Arthedain... or one of the chieftains...
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:52 PM   #16
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

You've got to like Tuor. Unlike his hyper first cousin Tuor gets
a N.E.P. (Turgon's daughter), after fighting bad guys in Mithrim, talks things over with Ulmo, gets to wear cool elvish armor, hangs out in Gondolin, sails west with Idril, and parties in Aman.
Woo-hoo! [They do have beer in the Undying Land, right?]

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!

Last edited by Tuor of Gondolin : 02-17-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Tuor of Gondolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:27 PM   #17
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

I'd be Treebeard Or any Ent. They seem to have a quite nice life without stress (most of the time). And when I got angry, I'd be really strong.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 07:20 PM   #18
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Well, I would be a maiden elf in Nargothrond, that would take the breath away of the king, and then I would like to be Amarie, in Valinor when he returns.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:19 PM   #19
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Definately I'd be a hobbit-lass!! Don't mind spots on my apples and I'd thank God I'm a country girl, sittin' out on the steps of my hobbit-hole drinkin' ice cold cherry coke (or whatever the equivalent would be)! I'd probably want to be from Hobbiton, far away from the world, or maybe Tuckburough (spl?).
Ooo, that would be such fun!
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 07:35 AM   #20
Beor
founder of the color blue

Gimli

I would be a guy named Bill, who lived in the east when all the kindreds of men went west. I would be the leader of a bunch of holdouts who didnt want to give up their land to the evil that seems to pursue them, and we would stand and fight the orcs and what not down to the last man, woman, or child. Our deaths would be tragic, but the battle for Billland would last many days, until finally, at the end of all hope, I would lead the vanguard of my forces (which by now has been whittled down to about four-hundred men and women with broken, shorn armor and many wounds) on a great charge, each of us slaughtering ten for one of us. It would be a great battle, but in the end, a loss. No one would sing songs of our deeds, or even remember we existed, but I would at least know that my kin went west, and the last thing I saw, standing on a mound of my fallen enemies, was a vision of a great jewel sailing on the prow of a great swan-ship through the doors of night, though I did not comprehend the meaning. Then the axe would fall, and my people would end.