Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Happy Valentine's Day 2004!

Happy Valentine's Day! I got 2 HomE books (vol, 4 and 5) and a bunch of chocolate! I'm so excited b/c I couldn't find HomE vols 3 and 5 in Hardback until I went to this one little book store in the Mall and I found them there. So my lovely Feanaro got me vol 5 in Hardback...I hope to have all 12 in Hardback by the end of the year!
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 05:15 PM   #2
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Happy Valentines day! I've been sitting in a bus with my friends that feel sick all day, so..It was a great day.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 06:09 PM   #3
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I've been eating chocolates all day and pretty much ignoring the fact that it's Valentine's Day.
It's been great!!!
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 06:12 PM   #4
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

The girl I wanted to go out with for Valentine's day is out of town, so I am having a rather boring and lackluster day
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 06:16 PM   #5
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Well hopefully the moot will cheer you up.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 06:21 PM   #6
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Re: Happy Valentine's Day 2004!

Quote:
Originally posted by Arien the Maia
Happy Valentine's Day! I got 2 HomE books (vol, 4 and 5) and a bunch of chocolate! I'm so excited b/c I couldn't find HomE vols 3 and 5 in Hardback until I went to this one little book store in the Mall and I found them there. So my lovely Feanaro got me vol 5 in Hardback...I hope to have all 12 in Hardback by the end of the year!
all ... 12 ... in ... hardback!!!...
*dies of jealousy*

ps - happy valentine's day, Mooters!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:37 PM   #7
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Re: Re: Happy Valentine's Day 2004!

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
all ... 12 ... in ... hardback!!!...
*dies of jealousy*

ps - happy valentine's day, Mooters!
the downside is that I can't really read and enjoy them until I graduate (May) and then I don't have to read a bunch of school books and all
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:11 PM   #8
Ruinel
Banned

A Valentine Poem

*walks up on stage*
ehem...
*folds hands in front*
I shall recite to you my Valentine's Day poem...

"Happy valentine's day," the words of sarcasm which cut through the cold air piercing through the soft flesh of my lonely heart. For Valentine's day is for lovers and who but the Darkness loves the Night. Time ticks on, the world spins, people laugh, I am alone amid my thoughts. Shadowed eyes, I look out from the hollows of life where no one looks in. Sorrow swallows me whole. I slip away, in agony unnoticed; a wisp of smoke that leaves you to wonder if I was ever there at all, then quickly forgotten. Slowly, painfully, mercilessly my spirit is devoured like a dark and dreadful cancer leaving nothing but bare, shattered bone.

The end.

EDIT: Happy Valentine's Day everyone

Last edited by Ruinel : 02-14-2004 at 08:39 PM.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:22 PM   #9
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

More proof that Finrod is not with you.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:35 PM   #10
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Happy Valandil's Day everyone!!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:45 PM   #11
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

*sigh* - Rui, I remember ALL TOO many Valentine's Days as a single. I never dated much anyway, so I was generally out on my own. Just hang in there. All in good time. It's not something that has to be there for the date on the calendar each year... but when the time does come, Valentine's Day is just a nice day to focus on it.

Cheer up, K?
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 09:18 PM   #12
Ruinel
Banned

I'm quite cheery, thanks. It's just a poem.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:31 PM   #13
Mrs Maggot
Enting

I find V Day highly depressing.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:17 PM   #14
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Valentines day is such a relief when there is no obligation. Must kinda be like being jewish on christmas. you can just relax. anyway look what i made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg themoot.jpg (2.6 KB, 52 views)

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 11:47 PM   #15
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

you have to much time on your hands IR

My friend thought it would be funny if he broke up with his girlfriend on Valentines Day. That would suck so much, being a romantic holiday and having someone break up with you.

anywho, happy valentines day everyone

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:22 AM   #16
Sween
im quite stupid

its such a bloody rip off
Old 02-15-2004, 11:10 AM   #17
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
you have to much time on your hands IR
nah it was easy. You think Im gonna actually break out graphics programs and mess around like you bozos with your fancy avatars? I just went here.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 12:47 PM   #18
Ruinel
Banned

OMG, IR! That is so cute! I made one, too.

[EDIT: ah... the link didn't last. I'll attach it in another post.]
It's one for Buster to give to his Valentine. (Though, he doesn't have one. )

EDIT: Oh, just so Val doesn't feel sorry for me or anything. Me and my roomie went to a bar to listen to live music (blues-ish), kick back a couple of cold Zeigen Bocks and giggle while we people watched. Some of the women were wearing some of the sluttiest outfits, and there was this older man (about 50 or 55) who was out dancing in this weird 'hands in the air' way (he had absolutely no rhythm whatsoever). You had to admire the older man though, for getting up off his butt and dancing. I think there was only one other man who danced the whole time we were there. That was this guy (about 30) who was with his girlfriend and they were totally grinding on each other. We thought we were gonna see them procreate right there in front of the crowd. My poor roomie had to endure the worst pickup line from someone we nicknamed 'grandpa overalls' (a very old man who was at least as old as my grandfather, who died 2 summers ago, wearing a tie died shirt and the weirdest looking overalls I've ever seen with zippers up the legs).

Later, we went home and ate chocolate covered strawberries that my roomie picked up at the grocery store earlier.

Last edited by Ruinel : 02-15-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:58 PM   #19
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Happy Valentine's Day. Hope those chocolate covered strawberries were tasty, Ruinel. I wish I had had some candy too.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 02:01 PM   #20
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Damn image wouldn't attach to my previous post
Well, here it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jon4prez.jpg (2.7 KB, 62 views)
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote