Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2004, 01:34 PM   #1
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

The Queen's Fool

Hey, i was just wondering if anyone has read The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory??? i got it last week and finished reading it a couple of days ago and i LOVED it.
anyone else thought it was good? or read The Other Boleyn Girl by the same author, i wan't to know if it's any good to read.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

YES!! i have and I LOVE IT!!
i love the queen of scotts

Vive l'Empereur! Now and for always...

Elizabeth Ann Roger

ElizabethAnnRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

I've read both, I think I liked The Other Boleyn Girl better, even though Gregory blatantly rewrites history a bit. It's historical fiction after all, so she can be forgiven

I've also read others by her... The Constant Princess, The Virgin Queen, The Boleyn Inheritance... I think that might be it...

Anyway, if you liked the first one you read, you will definitely like any others by her...

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Empress_Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

No no wrong thing. the queens own fool
diff authro

Elizabeth Ann Roger

Old 09-27-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethAnnRoger View Post
No no wrong thing. the queens own fool
diff authro
No... actually you are the mistaken one.... the original poster said the author was Philippa Gregory.... the author of The Queen's Fool, The Virgin Queen, The Boleyn Inheritance, The Constant Princess...

And then she mentions The Other Boleyn Girl which is another title by Philippa Gregory...

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Empress_Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

lol opps
then youll have to read the one im talking about. i like that author as well (the one this thread is about) but The Queens Own fool is great. If you like the Constant Princess and her other writings, youll like jane yolen (i think) too

Elizabeth Ann Roger