Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2004, 10:37 PM   #1
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Dark years[this is the RPG]

Yah, so the game has officially started with the post in the other thread.

"Any one who does not have anything to report may leave."

*Glares at nintey second rule, starts to write upon it*
*Rips the paper in half*
*Scribbles some more*

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:18 AM   #2
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Morthul reclined in a tall chair with a leg draped across its, and an arm over his head. He stared broodingly at the mithril box of runes. Inside it were seventeen rings. He knew them all by sight and name and feel, but still opened the box often to see them again, to touch them, to count them.

He spoke aloud, explaining to himself as he always did.
"There were twenty. I have collected the seven, and the others, too, but the collection is incomplete. Galadriel - how I curse her name - with her last breath flung the third elfin ring, Nenya, far away so that I cannot find it. One of the nine has been hidden from me, but I will find it. Men grow irritating, but they will slip and tumble into the precipice. But the One... the One I will not have. It was destroyed long ago, and without it the others are a danger to me. As long as the two left remain in the hands of my enemies, I may yet fail." The Dark Lord abruptly stood and began pacing. "With it perished the means of controlling these rings. I cannot use them, and I cannot destroy them." He opened the box, as he always did, and counted them. Seventeen, as always.
Years of collecting, to count to seventeen.

Down below some saw the flashes of magical light, and a very few heard the mage's cry of rage. They hunkered down and hurried about their business, staying well away.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

Last edited by Kalile : 07-24-2004 at 07:16 PM.
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:01 AM   #3
Legoles

um... wrong.

PADFOOT LIVES!

Last edited by Legoles : 01-15-2004 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:33 PM   #4
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Jondar walked away from the council for now. She couldn't be there right now, she didn't have any army with her. She only had herself to offer, and as it was she didn't have a weapon. Admittedly, some of her forms were deadlier than a sword, but still.
She walked towards a silent corner of the great garden, where she sat down to concentrate. She emptied her mind of all thoughts but one, and the next moment her human form was gone and there was a beautiful, silvery white unicorn standing on the same spot in her stead. Her horn glistened a little bit, as if it was covered by a pearl skin.
This was her favourite form, and as she didn't know any of the others here, she didn't see a reason to stay in a somewhat less comfortable form if she didn't have to. Unicorn forms were very rarely used by other shapeshifters, she knew, although they had other special forms (like a Sphinx, or a Griffin, anything melting two or more animals together. She herself didn't like that as much though, so she hadn't learnt to master them.)
She wandered around a little, sometimes galloping, sometimes just walking. Hardly anybody ever came here, she thought, so it didn't matter too much that it was highly unusual for a unicorn to walk in Elrond's garden. She waited for the summon to come back to the council.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:50 PM   #5
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Irassur didn't like being shooed away so early. Merlin, Morgan, Gandalf, and the others stayed and discussed battle plans, which she knew would be a better discussion if she were there. She had the waters and the sea creatures on her side. And she could cut off all water supply to the Dark Lord's land if she wished. In fact, she resolved to do that before this war was over. But for now, she went and sat by the river, waiting to be called back, and making funny shapes with the water.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:57 AM   #6
Kalile

Quote:
Originally posted by Legoles
um... wrong.
What's that mean? I thought it worked, it explained how he gained so much control, but whatever. But tell me how I can fix it, please!
Old 01-16-2004, 02:05 AM   #7
littleCat
Elven Warrior

Mialil smiled soflty at the grin on the face of a little elf child's face when she pulled a 'jewel' from behind its ear. She loved to see children happy, it made ehr feel better about ehr own childhood. She sighed soflty, she had not wanted to attend this council, but she had to afterall, she was a good sea-elf citizen.

"I'm not weird, I'm GIFTED!"

I'm really okay.......
littleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:07 AM   #8
Legoles

No sorry, not you. I posted here instead of the bonds are broken. Nothing wrong with you... I promise. EXAMS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<Really! How rude can you get!?> I thought, as I left the council. Shifting into a bird, I launched my-self up from the ground. Following a slow current of air, I found my-self lokking down upon a strange creature. <It's a horse with a horn. Interesting. I think I'll go check it out.> I swooped down, checking my pace and landed nearby in the forest. Chinging into a normal horse, I stepped tenativly toward to what I now knew as a unicorn.<birds have such small brains.> I thought drily to myself. Once I cleared the forest, the unicorn stopped and stared at me. I stared back, my eyes glinting with intelligence.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-16-2004, 01:02 PM   #9
Kalile

Oh, OK. Good, I was wondering what I had messed up. I feel better, then.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:20 AM   #10
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

A horse... Jondar thought. They were not as rare as unicorns in these parts, but they were hardly seen in the garden of the Last Homely House either. She stepped up to the other animal and slowly touched her with her horn. Then she looked into her eyes, and saw the intelligence burning - more intelligence than any normal horse could show. It was the same kind of intelligence that she knew could be seen in her own eyes.
It was easier to change into her human form, although the unicorn was more comfortable to be in. She didn't have to concentrate much to go back to Jondar with two legs in stead of four.
'It is not easy for a horse to cross the whole garden to here without anyone noticing and taking it back. So you are either sometimes invisible, or you are a shapeshifter like I am. In any case, I think you can understand me...' she said, still looking the horse in the eyes.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:29 PM   #11
Legoles

"Of course I can understand you, and I unfortunately must correct you. I am a time-traveler, not just a shifter." I said as I shifted back into my own form. My name is S'abella, what is yours?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-18-2004, 05:53 PM   #12
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

'Jondar Anthiel, at your service' she said with a slight bow. During her training she had heard of time-travellers, and she knew they were to be respected. It was very hard to master the ability to change the flow of the time. You had to have the talent in the first place, and have enough discipline. But you couldn't master any form if you didn't have the latter, so that shouldn't have been much of a problem. There weren't many shapeshifters with the right abilities though, so they were even more rare than those with unicorn-forms.
Together they walked a while, talking about shape-shifting, training for it, and other related business, when they came to a little river where they saw a girl sitting. They decided to see what this girl would do if a unicorn and a horse would come and drink in the river. Silently, both changed, then went each on a side of the girl. Jondar saw figures in the water before she started to drink. This was obviously not just some girl.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:47 PM   #13
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Tel hid upstream of the Istar. This probably isn't a good idea.... He thought, After all, who knows what a wizard will do when startled. But in the end, being the troublemaker he was, he couldn't resist. He slipped quietly into the water, and dove down deep. He swam with the current, speeding down the river to where the Istar was. When Tel was right in front of her, he wam to the top with all his strength, and his head popped up in one of the designs the Wizard was making in the water. "HULLO!" He shouted once he reached the surface, scaring the wizard.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:01 PM   #14
Legoles

<BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He scared the sh*t out of me!>
I thought as I reared back. Then, as calmly as if it hadn't happened, I leaned down to drink.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-20-2004, 04:44 PM   #15
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Irassur was still playing with the water when two creatures came beside her. A unicorn and a horse. She was used to animals approaching her, and did not start. She reached out to stroke the horse when...

Irassur jumped at the sight of the Sea Elf, and then her mischevious side took over. In the same motion of jumping back, she created a small whirlpool at the bottom of the river right under the elf. It started to suck him down, down to the bottom and he was paddling with all his might to get out. When she had had enough of watching him struggle, she jettisoned him out of the water and onto the land, and let him cough and sputter his lungs free of water. Then she smiled at him. "Had enough?"

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."

Last edited by Nariel : 01-20-2004 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:36 PM   #16
Legoles

"Heh, heh. Nice one!" I said as I shifted back into my normal form. "Tel! I should've known that it was you." *sighs* "I'm S'abella, a shifter and time-traveler. What is your name?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-21-2004, 01:26 AM   #17
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: Uh, do you know me or not Legoles?

ic: "Heh heh, gotcha," Tel sputtered, trying to get the excess water out of his lungs. "That's a personal first, scaring an Istar."

Elboron, I'm gonna kill you! He thought as he glared at his friend upstream, laughing hard. You know I can't resist a dare!!!!

ooc: Cue Aewionen!

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #18
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Jondar followed S'abella's example and changed back into her human form. She wasn't really startled with the appearance of the sea-elf. Her unicorn-self was too calm for such a thing, though in any other form it would have had her jumping a foot into the air. 'I am Jondar', she said with a bow to the Istar, 'only shapeshifter.'
Old 01-21-2004, 06:42 PM   #19
Nariel
Elven Warrior

"And I am Irassur the Blue, Istar of Water."

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

Old 01-23-2004, 02:29 AM   #20
Gulio, Strength of Many

"And I am Tel, the half-drowned," Tel replied. "And that over there is Elboron, trickster and all-around evil person! Elboron, you daft troll, get over here and meet all the nice people you made me scare!" He shouted to his friend.