Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > C.S. Lewis
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-16-2001, 12:02 AM   #1
Varda
Elven Warrior

Narnia-based Halloween costumes

What character in C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia would you most like to dress up as for Halloween? This was started in the LOTR section for the LOTR books, but I thought it could apply equally to the Narnia books, and I am about an equally big fan of them...

As for my answer to the question... If I wanted to be something scary, I would be either the White Queen or one of the mean dwarfs that were in her service... If I wanted to be something non-scary, I would be a Dryad or Reepacheep (though he wanted to think he was scary).
Old 10-16-2001, 12:04 AM   #2
Varda
Elven Warrior

or I would be the Lady of the Stars that Caspian marries.. (if she's a blonde, though, that wouldn't work..... and I don't remember if she is.....)
Old 10-17-2001, 11:14 PM   #3
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

I would be a lion or try to figure out a marshwiggle costume.
cee2lee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 12:43 PM   #4
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

What about the one footed guys! (Monopods maybe?)
I need to read narnia again!
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 04:52 PM   #5
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

You're right, they were monopods but don't let me stop you from reading Narnia again!
cee2lee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 03:46 AM   #6
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Jadis, Queen of the Underland. The one always dressed in emerald clothing. I'd get a wig of long black wavy hair and green contacts, then set out and at each house I go to demand to know where Prince Rilian is.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 04-08-2002 at 03:48 AM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 03:52 AM   #7
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

You're thinking of the Lady in Green Kirdle, RE. Jadis was the white witch in The Magician's nephew and LWW.

Certainly I would have picked the Green Lady, too. Or Aravis (horse and his boy)... I always liked Aravis. In spite the fact that she was haughty and stuck up. She turned out all right in the end
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:24 PM   #8
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
The Lady in the Green Kirdle was thought to be related to Jadis, right? I think it would be scarier to be Jadis (from The Magician's Nephew) than The White Witch...she really creeped me out.

I don't know what I'd be...I'd like to be the lady of the stars, but I have the same problem as Varda...I don't have blonde hair (and I won't dye it).

Well, maybe I could put pearls in my dark hair and say they are stars in the night sky.

The Lady in the Green Kirdle would be a cool costume though. Well, if I knew what a kirdle was.
Old 04-11-2002, 07:25 PM   #9
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
You're thinking of the Lady in Green Kirdle, RE. Jadis was the white witch in The Magician's nephew and LWW.
No, Jadis is the Lady in Green Kirdle, crickhollow. She is also the White Witch and the Last Queen of Charn. I own all seven books, and I've read them quite a bit.

Jadis was never killed until in The Silver Chair. She appears in three of the Chronicles. Here is her character description (as written in the books):

JADIS. The last Queen of Charn, which she herself destroyed. Jadis arrives in Narnia with Digory and Polly in The Magician's Nephew and has taken over the land in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Completely evil, she is also very dangerous, even in The Silver Chair.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 04-13-2002 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2002, 02:09 AM   #10
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hmmm... depends on who is sewing the costume! Ultimately? Uncle what's his face from the Magician's nephew would be cool in a mad scientist way, or Aslan.... Jadis definately! (I know she's the same woman as the white witch, but Jadis had better costumes... Or in fact, any of the noblewomen from Jadis' time, they all had really great costume, and stuff... Ah, it's been ages since I read any narnia books, I must dig them out again!
Old 04-12-2002, 03:07 AM   #11
crickhollow

Quote:
Originally posted by Rána Eressëa

No, Jadis is the Lady in Green Kirdle, crickhollow. She is also the White Witch and the Last Queen of Charn. I own all seven books, thank you very much.

Jadis was never killed until in The Silver Chair. She appears in three of the Chronicles. Here is her character description (as written in the books):

JADIS. The last Queen of Charn, which she herself destroyed. Jadis arrives in Narnia with Digory and Polly in The Magician's Nephew and has taken over the land in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Completely evil, she is also very dangerous, even in The Silver Chair.
I certainly didn't mean to imply that you don't know the books. I own them too, and have read them more times than I've read LotR, and never made the connection. Ya learn something new everyday, I guess...
Old 04-13-2002, 08:43 PM   #12
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
I certainly didn't mean to imply that you don't know the books. I own them too, and have read them more times than I've read LotR, and never made the connection. Ya learn something new everyday, I guess...
No, I didn't take it that way. I just have this condition where when I know I'm right, I must immediately present evidence and sustain all truth as to not be somehow taken for a dimwit.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:03 PM   #13
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

I haven't read the Narnia books for such a long time! I think I would have to go as a Marshwiggle too. It would be very original. At Halloween time you don't see many kids dressed as Marshwiggles, now do ya? Plus I like saying the word marshwiggle... lol Or else a monopod as emplynx suggested. That might be hard to go trick or treating in though.
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 02:19 AM   #14
crickhollow

*crickhollow tries to picture elf_princess gallumping down the sidewalk on Halloween with both feet crammed into one extremely large wooden (always pictured wooden, tho' they might have been leather) shoe*

*falls off chair laughing*
Old 04-15-2002, 10:21 PM   #15
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

Quote:
*crickhollow tries to picture elf_princess gallumping down the sidewalk on Halloween with both feet crammed into one extremely large wooden (always pictured wooden, tho' they might have been leather) shoe*

*falls off chair laughing*
lol... that would be a funny sight I must say... I'd probably scare all the little kids away... that might not be such a bad thing though... lol... i'm tempted to put together a costume just to test it out...
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 11:49 PM   #16
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

hmm...

well i havnt read the chronicles in a few years and i should really read them over again but wasnt there a donkey in the last battle that posed as aslan, i think that would be a pretty funny costume

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 05:34 PM   #17
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

I'm confused! I knew that the White Witch was Jadis, but how could she also have been the green lady in The Silver Chair?? Aslan killed her, didn't he? and TSC was after The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. where does it say that they are the same person?