Old 04-13-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Enmooters Hall of Fame (and Infamy)

User name: Hectorberlioz
Date joined entmoot:
How I found the board:Looking up "Lord of the Rings"
Favorite Tolkien character:Bilbo, Boromir
Experiences at Entmoot: Struggled, befriended many mooters; met Nurvingiel who campaigned with me for the presidency. Became President, though not after SGH played a notorious July's Fourth prank on me (Thank you SGH).

I asked Tristan about a Mooters Hall of Fame, and apperantly there is something like it already on the main tolkientrail website.

It could be a glorious place with half-true biographies (I think I should be the one to write them!) and so on, and in particular a place where we could enshrine memories of past-mooters gone by.
Rally up in favor!

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide

Last edited by hectorberlioz : 04-13-2005 at 04:29 PM.
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #2
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Awesome thread Hector, I think you're the perfect person for writing it.

I nominate JD for all this 10'000 posts nonsense and other hilarity.

Here's the Tolkien Trail member list:
http://www.tolkientrail.com/fangorn/members.shtml
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:04 PM   #3
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Awesome thread Hector, I think you're the perfect person for writing it.

I nominate JD for all this 10'000 posts nonsense and other hilarity.

Here's the Tolkien Trail member list:
http://www.tolkientrail.com/fangorn/members.shtml

I agree!
i was thinking of a vaguely similiar though (quite logically AS IT WERE) different thread as a (er! new thread)
it is actually different but to some no doubt along the same lines!

Nurv! again respect: i agree! should it not be SIR JD? - or would he refuse it?( better be careful i don't want to assume we're free to post what we think here? this may be obliterated from history by the secret police! its is not 100% COMPLETELY WITHOUT ANY QUESTION TOTALLY WITHIN SUBJECT - mods: only joking!)

seriously though (barring having having now to copy all posts for the sake of free-speech - which takes a lot of unessecary time - ps i'd welcome your advice on this) i think you are right!

By the way Nurvingiel are you actually (acting or) President of Entmoot? If so i feel from what i know of your posts that i trust you to be fair: can i talk to you about what is going on - in terms of what feels very much like a cover-up and personal attack based on what appears to be a simple mis-understanding?
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #4
hectorberlioz

*wipes sweat from brow* whew! I just sent out like 15 PMs to different people. Where the heck did that Five-at-one-go thingie go?!

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-13-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
*wipes sweat from brow* whew! I just sent out like 15 PMs to different people. Where the heck did that Five-at-one-go thingie go?!
hehe, you can still do it - by typing a ';' between the names.

And Butterbeer - hector is actually the elected president. Nurvingiel was the vice-president and replaced him since he was (or is? ) gone.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:37 PM   #6
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast The Brown
hehe, you can still do it - by typing a ';' between the names.

And Butterbeer - hector is actually the elected president. Nurvingiel was the vice-president and replaced him since he was (or is? ) gone.
Occasionally gone, but still in control of every move you make, every event that happens...even weddings.

And I just tried that stupid ';' and it wont work!

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-13-2005, 05:40 PM   #7
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
hi there! re: 5 at once thingy: don't know: what happens when you get beyond 94 pm's etc? hopefully it won't come to that though judging by the response it'd be impolite not to reply to people!

Hectorberlioz - are you president of the Moot? could i perhaps talk to you privately if i have a problem? Since i have had no joy with the correct or conventional approach i've tried with a problem i am experiencing as a newish member to the moot as advised to me by a good MOD ) i am NOT implying anyone is a baD MOD = TO BE CLEAR AND ON-RECORD!)
Old 04-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #8
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
hi there! re: 5 at once thingy: don't know: what happens when you get beyond 94 pm's etc? hopefully it won't come to that though judging by the response it'd be impolite not to reply to people!

Hectorberlioz - are you president of the Moot? could i perhaps talk to you privately if i have a problem? Since i have had no joy with the correct or conventional approach i've tried with a problem i am experiencing as a newish member to the moot as advised to me by a good MOD ) i am NOT implying anyone is a baD MOD = TO BE CLEAR AND ON-RECORD!)
Anyone can come to me for a heart-to-heart talk.
(I'm anxious to hear about this Mod!)

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-13-2005, 06:13 PM   #9
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nurv! again respect: i agree! should it not be SIR JD? - or would he refuse it?( better be careful i don't want to assume we're free to post what we think here? this may be obliterated from history by the secret police! its is not 100% COMPLETELY WITHOUT ANY QUESTION TOTALLY WITHIN SUBJECT - mods: only joking!)
I have to confess I don't know what you mean... unless you mean the Charles and Camilla thread thing?
There's not much we, the Council of Entmoot aka your duly elected government can do about stuff like that. In fact, we are government in name only. We have no real power, except the loyalty of the Mooters who elected us. *gets all sentimental*

Quote:
By the way Nurvingiel are you actually (acting or) President of Entmoot? If so i feel from what i know of your posts that i trust you to be fair: can i talk to you about what is going on - in terms of what feels very much like a cover-up and personal attack based on what appears to be a simple mis-understanding?
Thanks Butterbeer. PM me, anytime! Unlike BoP I eventually get around to replying.
I am the acting president, but only because Hectorberlioz's computer is defunct and he can't be on with regularity. He's the real president. I'm the vice president, helping out.

[/hugely OTness]

I also think FrodoFriend should be in the Hall of Fame for that hilarious "what would you do heh heh heh" thread.

The real question is... is JD going in the hall of fame or infame?

EDIT: You can still do five PMs at once by separating usernames with a ;
Or if they're all on your buddy list, you can use Quick Links to open it up (3rd form top).
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 04-13-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #10
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

meep!

i am here

sounds good
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:30 PM   #11
hectorberlioz

Quote:
I have to confess I don't know what you mean... unless you mean the Charles and Camilla thread thing?
There's not much we, the Council of Entmoot aka your duly elected government can do about stuff like that. In fact, we are government in name only. We have no real power, except the loyalty of the Mooters who elected us. *gets all sentimental*

Thanks Butterbeer. PM me, anytime! Unlike BoP I eventually get around to replying.
I am the acting president, but only because Hectorberlioz's computer is defunct and he can't be on with regularity. He's the real president. I'm the vice president, helping out.

[/hugely OTness]

I also think FrodoFriend should be in the Hall of Fame for that hilarious "what would you do heh heh heh" thread.

The real question is... is JD going in the hall of fame or infame?

EDIT: You can still do five PMs at once by separating usernames with a ;
Or if they're all on your buddy list, you can use Quick Links to open it up (3rd form top).
You see, this is why Nurv is my Vice Pres. She has not only compassion and sophistication, but is also modest even she knows she deserves better, and She's super smart, and easy to get along with.
Thank you Nurvingiel, for bieng here at entmoot. *jazzy fanfare plays, Nurv comes up to stage in a dominatrix -hey! thats immodest for this occasion!!- suit*

Nurvingiel was a merry old soul, whose heart was made of stone.
Under that cap she wore, was nothing; nothing but bone.
Remember on christmas day to listen to her song,
'Verily tie your hair with a throng.'
Indeed here song is so great and so clear,
Nigh I did celebrate it with venison of Deer (I didnt want to use beer)
Ghastly sounds came from 'neath my hearth,
In the middle of the night, it gave me much mirth.
Elvis came to sing her ballad,
Later he ate a bowl of Salad.

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #12
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
You see, this is why Nurv is my Vice Pres. She has not only compassion and sophistication, but is also modest even she knows she deserves better, and She's super smart, and easy to get along with.
Thank you Nurvingiel, for bieng here at entmoot. *jazzy fanfare plays, Nurv comes up to stage in a dominatrix -hey! thats immodest for this occasion!!- suit*

Nurvingiel was a merry old soul, whose heart was made of stone.
Under that cap she wore, was nothing; nothing but bone.
Remember on christmas day to listen to her song,
'Verily tie your hair with a throng.'
Indeed here song is so great and so clear,
Nigh I did celebrate it with venison of Deer (I didnt want to use beer)
Ghastly sounds came from 'neath my hearth,
In the middle of the night, it gave me much mirth.
Elvis came to sing her ballad,
Later he ate a bowl of Salad.

well i really don't know how to reply to that! and given the o/t or not shenigans of today, won't even try!

Cheers though all, for your support: by the way i've been meaning to ask (am i being paranoid now in thinking this isn't the correctthread?) - what are Buddy and ignore lists and how do they work?

Nurvingiel, i'm all Pm'd out just now: but thanks - if this debarcle and the (seeming) insults continue i'll PM you for advice.

Ps nice to meet you mr (or mrs?) president!
Best BB
Old 05-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #13
hectorberlioz

Here's what this is for people, and why you should all be in here posting important statistics!

Myself and a few other [barely] mentionable Mooter lureates (a fancy word for Great Writers or Poets) will write biographies mooters who wish to have thier bios written. They won't be wholly true, I can promise that.
Standard biographies should be about as long as one paragraph containing say, ten sentences or so. Each Biographer will take on only so many mooters at a time...
This reallly oughtn't to be very hard, so lets get to it!

1)Write your statistics (the first post in this thread has the Layout)

2)Post your desire for bio to be written (you may write your own, if you do send it to me via PM)

3)Either Myself or another writing mooter will assign ourselves to writing your bio, and will correspond via PM for consultations and so on.

The bios will ultimately be posted in one and following posts to save confusion.

I need several volunteers (seven for now) to write Biographies.
Since I'm not always capable of internet access, and since Nurvingiel is taking a break, I'll have, say Mercutio or Katya in charge if they agree to it.

This idea of a Hall of fame came to me with the question: will mooters in the future remember me when I die?
Entmoot, like the rest of the world has a rich history, and it would be pretty sad if it wasn't remembered, or at least written down.

The Da CINDY Code
~

Last edited by hectorberlioz : 05-09-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #14
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Aw, thanks Hector... but... I'm wearing a what now? Erm... I didn't really expect that from you actually.(I mean, you know what a dominatrix does for a living right?)

Moving speedily along... I'm surprised not more people are participating in this thread. I guess we're just not sure who would want to be nominated; IOW I have a couple people in mind but I don't know if they would mind being nominated.
Quote:
Old 05-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #15
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I'll nominate myself. I'm not quite sure what I need to post for that possible but this looks fun.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:17 PM   #16
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

well, if anyone wants to do me, i am available for interviews
Old 05-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #17
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Aw, thanks Hector... but... I'm wearing a what now? Erm... I didn't really expect that from you actually.(I mean, you know what a dominatrix does for a living right?)

Moving speedily along... I'm surprised not more people are participating in this thread. I guess we're just not sure who would want to be nominated; IOW I have a couple people in mind but I don't know if they would mind being nominated.
Sorry ,the suit idea came into my head in a flash...

Well, if this is going to move along the way it should, people need to know the importance of it and its necessity. I posted something in the Teacup a few days ago, and I was hoping it would bring people in.

Alright Telcontar, would you like to be a biographer? And LCoU, Nurvvy?
Thats four counting myself, and if Mercutio nad katya would agree that'd be six.
Maybe we biographers should start off writing our own...

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 05-12-2005, 05:00 PM   #18
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Sounds good to me. Is it based around the one you posted at the top Hector?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:21 PM   #19
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

what do we have to do Mr president?

* pretends to be an all american boy just seen and completely un-critically accalims 'Independence day' the film (insert sarcasm here)*

Write Biogs about other Mooters?
Boy that sounds mighty dangerous.

Like the idea though: i was thinking of an informal Oscar style Moot version: best post, most humorous comment, best newcomer, most respected, most silly comment, worst post, stupidest thread, best argument, longest running thread fight etc: etc etc: the list is endless and no doubt would spawn much debate!

anyway i'm in if you'll have me!

still not quite sure exactly what you have in mind though?
But blow the bugle and the troops will rally to the flag! (you do have a flag don't you?)
Old 05-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #20
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

a flag? it's this one here
*unfurls black field with solitary red star on*