Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #21
azalea
Long lost mooter

Do you have a theory on why they wanted Walt?
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:03 PM   #22
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

A pic I just threw together for another forum I frequent:

http://img253.echo.cx/img253/8857/fpt25ur.jpg
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:59 PM   #23
Rconsole
Elven Warrior

lol! Season Premiere was a few days ago
The show always leaves you hanging!!! and it works too!!!
Rconsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:42 AM   #24
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Gah! The Others!

I Love This Show!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:29 PM   #25
azalea
Long lost mooter

When are they going to show a new episode?

Who thinks Sawyer is going to die?

Who thinks nothing will happen if they stop entering the code?

Any theories on the Dharma Initiative thing?

I think a new delivery of supplies will come soon. How long have they been on the island? I think a new delivery comes every three months, and it's been almost that long since the crash.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:13 AM   #26
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Wasn't it about forty days when the first season ended? I think so. And it can't have been that many days since season two started.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #27
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

Location: Some where quite interesting with psychedelic trees
its so unfair I Love lost but the UK are just finishing series 1 and the US are onto series 2 which we won't get to see till august

never mind I'll get the dvd of series 2 shipped over when it comes out in the US

PS does anyone see comparisons between Lost and the matrix?

And what happened to the rest of your party, killed, eaten, gone home?
Beorn, The Hobbit

Dark and difficult Times lie ahead Harry, soon we must all face a choice, a choice between what is right and what is easy!
Dumbledore

Neo Are you listening to Me? Or are you too busy looking at the Woman in the Red Dress?
Morpheus, The Matrix
King of The Istari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #28
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea
I like all of the characters except that girly one whose stepbrother just died. I'm annoyed that Said and she are an item, because I like him. :s I wish it had been her they'd offed.
What do you think "the number" means/ what is its significance or connection to these events?
looks like your dream came true shannon was killed recently
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:30 AM   #29
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea
* That's my major criticism of the show -- that, besides Hurley, every passenger who is a main character is perfectly fit, very thin, and great looking (even Claire, who looks nothing like your average woman 9 months pregnant, aside from the belly. No bloating, no chunky thighs, etc).
I think they did that on purpose. THey kept her cute and young-looking so as to emphaisize how vulnerable she is. I've got no problem with that. One thing that did bother me was that she was sitting Indian-style just one episode after delivering the turnip-head baby. I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of The Istari
PS does anyone see comparisons between Lost and the matrix?
I guess Jack could have been played by Keannu, now that you mention it. I hadn't noticed that.

The plot is thickening because it is a very promising show. I bet that the writers have already got the general plans for the series up until its conclusion.

I love how they make it so hard to tell that the most important characters are actually Hurley and Locke. BTW, Anduril, when I watched Locke make that orange smiley face I laughed out loud for minutes. But I hate it how they make all the characters so bad at being happy. They're on an island; that means free tropical vacation. And they're all running about more stressfully than they would run run about NYC, it seems. Does anyone else notice that? Even Locke: he sat down next to Shannon to apologize to her for Boone's accidental death, and then immediately left. Didn't even pause, or look at her, just bolted as if he had somehwere to go or something to do besides finish that conversation. She obviously wanted to say something back. Their feelings could have been totally sorted out.

All the characters do that. Nobody explains anything to anybody, and everybody besides Locke and Hurley get ridiculously uptight when they suspect something is being hidden from their knowledge. Bunch of idiots, really.

I get the feeling that all Lost watchers picture themselves in the situation on the island. Was anyone else tempted to just shoot Sawyer in the first episode? If i had to be stranded on a deserted island with that guy, I'm pretty sure I would have done it, knowing that I wouldn't have been caught... come on. But later in the season he gets cool, and it would have been a bad move.
I think he's just in a bad mood after being tricked into killing the man he thought was the real Mr. Sawyer. Before that he was probably much more tolerable. I forgive him.

Anyway, all that I've actually watched consecutively and in sequence so far is the first season on DVD, but I think I know enough about the Dharma Initiative and whatnot and I watched the episode where Charley takes Echo to the plane. Echo's my third fav. character now, although it contradicts everything that I've just said annoys me about the show because he's the very least willing to share information and apparently the most hasty to get it.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 01-24-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:13 PM   #30
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i hate what there doing to Charlie .poor Charlie when Locke punched him i wanted to kill him and Locke used to be one of my favorite character's but now he just get's on my nerve's every scene he is in!
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 02-03-2006, 05:56 AM   #31
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
All the characters do that. Nobody explains anything to anybody, and everybody besides Locke and Hurley get ridiculously uptight when they suspect something is being hidden from their knowledge. Bunch of idiots, really.
I agree! It's funny how they seem to have had no bother at all sorting out food, water and not getting eaten by monsters and spend most of the time worrying about their issues. Yes, and all the ugly people were sitting at the back of the plane (except Dominic Monaghan, of course, who was in the bog).

However, it's pretty compulsive stuff. I like the pace at which they're introducing the weirdness. Favourite chars would be Hurley, Locke and Sawyer in that order.

Freckles reminds me of Frodo in the LOTR films, in that she seems to have only one expression which she uses all the time.

BTW, I am halfway through the first series on DVD and appreciate the use of spoiler text on this thread!

Watching it on DVD is interesting: having no adverts, you actually get only about 38 mins of story per "TV hour".
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #32
b.banner
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
I agree! It's funny how they seem to have had no bother at all sorting out food, water and not getting eaten by monsters and spend most of the time worrying about their issues. Yes, and all the ugly people were sitting at the back of the plane (except Dominic Monaghan, of course, who was in the bog).

However, it's pretty compulsive stuff. I like the pace at which they're introducing the weirdness. Favourite chars would be Hurley, Locke and Sawyer in that order.

Freckles reminds me of Frodo in the LOTR films, in that she seems to have only one expression which she uses all the time.

BTW, I am halfway through the first series on DVD and appreciate the use of spoiler text on this thread!

Watching it on DVD is interesting: having no adverts, you actually get only about 38 mins of story per "TV hour".
woop's sorry

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 02-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #33
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I had a dream about Lost the other night. I was on the island, wandering around and following people as I liked, apparently silent and invisible. It was a really long dream, actually, and not much happened. But when I followed Charlie around, he was asking people to write down all the lyrics to any songs that they had memorized. Then he'd tell them he was forming a band, and planned on writing some songs of his own but figured he'd entertain the people with different musical interests. By the end of the dream, I remember he had a bunch of Floyd, Stix, and Zeppelin songs, and Sawyer was immitating the synthesized or comlicated sounds occapella, Charlie was of course on guitar, and Hurley was making a funny drum set out of some melons.

It made me think, why don't they do that?
Old 03-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #34
b.banner
Elf Lord

Anonymous writes "Two weeks of reruns are finally over and, starting next week, we will be treated to at least three brand new episodes in a row!

(Spoilers ahead)

March 22:
Episode 2.16 - The Whole Truth (Sun & Jin-centric)

Sun wrestles with the thought of telling Jin a newfound secret that threatens to upset the entire balance of the survivors' community. Meanwhile, Locke enlists Ana-Lucia to interrogate the prisoner in order to extract more information than he, Jack or Sayid could.

Guest starring are L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Tony Lee as Jae Lee and Greg Joung Paik as Dr. Je-Guy Kim.

March 29:
Episode 2.17: Lockdown (Locke-centric)

When the hatch suddenly takes on a life of its own, Locke is forced to enlist the help of an unlikely ally. Meanwhile, Ana-Lucia, Sayid and Charlie go off into the jungle to find out the truth about Henry.

Guest starring are Kevin Tighe as Anthony Cooper, Katey Sagal as Helen, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Andrea Gabriel as Nadia, Geoffrey Rivas as Father Chuck and Theo Coumbis as Jimmy Bane.

April 5:
Episode 2.18 - Dave (Hurley-centric)

Libby lends Hurley support when he begins to think the island is having a strange effect on him, and Locke's sense of purpose is shaken when the prisoner provides new information about the hatch.

Guest starring are Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Ron Bottitta as Leonard Sims, Evan Handler and Bruce Davison among others.

Tentative airdates for remainder of the season:
(None of these dates have been officially confirmed)

April 12: Rerun
April 19: Rerun
April 26: Episode 2.19 - S.O.S.(Bernard and Rose-centric) Rose is surprisingly and vehemently opposed to Bernard's plan to create an S.O.S. signal; romantic sparks are rekindled between Jack and Kate when they trek into the jungle to propose a "trade" with "The Others"; and Locke begins to question his faith in the island
May 03: Episode 2.20
May 10: Episode 2.21
May 17: Episode 2.22
May 24: Episode 2.23 (Season finale)

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH

Last edited by b.banner : 03-27-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #35
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.banner
March 22:
Episode 2.16 - The Whole Truth (Sun & Jin-centric)

Sun wrestles with the thought of telling Jin a newfound secret that threatens to upset the entire balance of the survivors' community. Meanwhile, Locke enlists Ana-Lucia to interrogate the prisoner in order to extract more information than he, Jack or Sayid could.
Ah, the real reason Michael wanted off the island so bad
Sun is pregnant.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #36
b.banner
Elf Lord

that's what i think too

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 03-27-2006, 05:54 PM   #37
b.banner
Elf Lord

i love this show!it always suprises you!

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 03-29-2006, 05:32 PM   #38
b.banner
Elf Lord

i can't wait for tonight!

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 03-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #39
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

D'ah! This kills me. I hope next season, they learn to end their episodes with some sense of finality. I love watching it, but hate the wait between Wednesdays.

Anyway, very cool.

I knew the man in the hatch wasn't telling the truth. He was too manipulative, and obviously had his own agenda. But I didn't think he was one of the others either. Now I'm still not sure what to think about him.

I sort of noticed how intuitiveness plays a big role for each of the characters. Poker, Jack's irrational jumpiness, Locke's faith in his gut, Hurley's superstition and free spirit, Jin's obsession with Sun's safety, and Sayid's lie-detecting conscience. Just today I figured out that it's a major theme isn't it?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #40
b.banner
Elf Lord

Loved that last episode!

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH