Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2003, 07:00 PM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Favorite Scenes from TTT Extended Edition...

***Spoiler Warning***

***Spoilers will be included and you should know this by the title of the thread, therefore the spoiler code shouldn't really be needed. If you don't want to know about this and haven't seen it yet then don't read any further***

I see in the other threads, there really isn't anything that goes into the favorite new scenes or extended scenes. Please don't post complaints, that is pretty well covered in the other threads.

Which new scenes and extended scenes are your favorite?

For me, there are 3 scenes that I really liked and wished they were in the theatrical release.

The first one is "The Heir of Númenor", where Gandalf speaks to Aragorn of how Sauron fears him and how the enemy doesn't realize that Frodo travels into Mordor with the ring they are looking for. This is a great setup for not only the story but also a tie in for when Pippin looks into the palantir in RotK movie...

The second is "One of the Dúnedain" where Eowyn is speaking to Aragorn. She mentions that Theoden said that Aragorn went to war beside King Thengel, Theoden's father, and she didn't believe it because Aragorn doesn't appear to be as old as that would make him. They then talk about his true age, which is 87, and she is blown away by it. She then ties that into who Aragorn is, being one of the Northern Dúnedain that is...

The third scene is "Sons of the Steward". It takes place after Gondor reclaims Osgiliath and Boromir and Faramir are celebrating their victory. You really get to see how much the brothers really loved one another and you also get to see how much they hate thier father, Denethor, as he is in the scene as well. It is mainly a flashback scene, because after they reclaimed Osgiliath Boromir goes off to Rivendell for the Council of Elrond...

I really enjoyed the Extended Edition of the Two Towers, because it includes things that would have made the theatrical version much better than it was. I don't think this movie would have caught as much flack and complaints if some of these scenes were included. There is also a scene that cleans up the bit about that horse "Brego" that saves Aragorn, I know that intially drew a lot of crap for being such a random scene

So, what scenes did you like?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote