Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2002, 06:41 AM   #1
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

War on Drugs Farce

I had another thread that denegrated into to something else but her are some questions answered

One substitute for the disappearing Evil Empire has been the threat of drug traffickers from Latin America. In early September 1989, a major government-media blitz was launched by the President. That month the AP wires carried more stories about drugs than about Latin America, Asia, the Middle East and Africa combined. If you looked at television, every news program had a big section on how drugs were destroying our society, becoming the greatest threat to our existence, etc.

The effect on public opinion was immediate. When Bush won the 1988 election, people said the budget deficit was the biggest problem facing the country. Only about 3% named drugs. After the media blitz, concern over the budget was way down and drugs had soared to about 40% to 45%, which is highly unusual for an open question (where no specific answers are suggested).

Now, when some client state complains that the US government isn't sending it enough money, they no longer say, "we need it to stop the Russians" - rather, "we need it to stop drug trafficking." Like the Soviet threat, this enemy provides a good excuse for a US military presence where there's rebel activity or other unrest.

From the days of the Vietnam War the CIA has been at the forefront of heroin trafficking. When the Reagan administration needed to finance its war against Nicaragua the CIA applied what it had learned in Vietnam to importing vast quantities of cocaine (sometimes 20 tons at a time) from Latin America, selling it to the Mafia, and using the profits to finance its "covert activities", activities so contrary to America's professed values that they must be concealed at all costs from the American people.

The achievement of this requires the expenditure of vast amounts of money over several decades. A major part of this money comes from covert U.S. government trafficking in illegal drugs, primarily the addictive drugs cocaine and heroin. U.S.-sponsored world-wide drug prohibition, a.k.a. the "War on Drugs", is primarily a tactic to keep street prices high and profits astronomical, regardless of the huge social and personal damage done. U.S

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 06:42 AM   #2
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

i wish to make clear this is in no way a support for drugs

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 03-11-2002, 08:19 PM   #3
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

i am in no way for drugs either, anymore.
it's a bad world kids, acid and shooms won't make you see thingslike an elf, they just gonna make you see things you don't want to.
though i suppose it's different for everyone, eh?
Old 03-11-2002, 11:51 PM   #4
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Where did you get this information from? It's interesting, I'd like to know more. Lately I've been finding out a lot more about corruption in our government. Thanks for posting this.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 12:50 AM   #5
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I when to google search engine

and typed in

us government drug money

and several sites came up

the one with noam chomsky is credible for I believe he is.

some were just conspirscy theory garbage

so try to be discerning in your selection

'Dern Helm"