FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2020, 12:18 PM   #1
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

USA Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Congratulations, Americans, with your new president-elect!

It was an exciting (sometimes a little too much) race and I refreshed the counting results a little more often than what was good for me, so I'm not ungrateful it is finally over.

... but at some point you're going to have to address the fact that 71 million of you voted for keeping children in cages.
Unfortunately, the news around here gives VAST simplifications and distortions of what is really happening. It happened before Trump was President, not just during. Also - many children brought into the country illegally by their "parents" - are not really the children of those people. In some cases, there is child trafficking going on. In others - people are bringing children who are not their own, hoping for sympathy. The problem is much more complex than is most often presented. Also - if someone else goes to jail, their children do not go there with them. The fact that several hundred children are still separated from their "parents" indicates to me that these adults who brought them in were not their parents at all. Otherwise they'd have gone back for them when they could.

Illegal immigration across our southern border is a messy thing. Most prominent Democrats have spoken about tightening up the border to slow or halt illegal immigration. Including President Clinton, President Obama and others. But when President Trump tried to do something about it - he was inhumane, and his efforts would be ineffective (despite what the Border Patrol says).

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote