Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
Sam
Elven Warrior

Faramir

did anyone else notice that in the movies, they made faramir look like he was all mean and proud? I mean, they made him attempt to take the ring from frodo, when in the book, he just laghed and pushed the ring away when he descovered that frodo had it! And then, to make matters even worse, he took them to Osgilliath!!!

in short, i think that they did a bad job with faramir.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Jon S.
Elven Warrior

Did anyone notice? Yeah, I think we noticed.

Let's distinguish, first, between (1) Jackson did a bad job with Faramir because he portrayed him differently from Tolkien in the book; (2) Jackson did a bad job with Faramir because the character he presented was not believable, well presented, or otherwise.

I truly don't care to take on (1). Read the rest of my post from the perspective of "the movie is based on the book, it is not the book, it is what it is."

I very much enjoyed and appreciated the character of Faramir in the movie. I found it believable, well-presented, and inspiring.

Rather than type a real lot now, I'll just leave you with this:

http://www.istad.org/tolkien/faramir.html
Jon S. is offline   Reply With Quote