Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2005, 10:39 AM   #41
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Vader kills his master and then dies, the end of the sith.
Thus anikin did restore the balence
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #42
Lenya
Elentári

I don't think he still clasifies as sith in the end. He willingly turned against his master and thus the Dark Side.
Lenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:48 PM   #43
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by me9996
Vader kills his master and then dies, the end of the sith.
Thus anikin did restore the balence
But how can that be restoring balance, it's just making it more one sided.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:49 PM   #44
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Like I said in my last post, the force would not be one sided once Anakin turned from the Dark Side since the Jedi are not "Light Side" they are more neutral to the force. People often confuse the Jedi's balanced force with "Light Side". The Sith were the cause of the unbalanced situation, with the destruction of the Empire, the death of Sidious, and the turning of Vader to Anakin the force was restored to a balanced state.

As for the "Always two there are. No more, no less." statement by Yoda, this is just a reference to the new code of the sith. In times way before Episode I there were many Sith, as many Sith as Jedi. The massive amounts of Sith caused strife between eachother causing the Sith Wars. (It was inevitable with hundreds of Dark Sided baddies all trying to have the ultimate control and power.) Anyways, after the Sith Warswere over Darth Bane made a kind of set of rules of the Sith order, once rule was that there should only be two Sith, a Master and an Apprentice. Anymore than that and there would be another Sith war.

This whole idea can be seen twice in the Star Wars films, first Dooku asks Obi-wan to join him and together they would defeat the Sith. This is more important than realised, if Dooku had Obi-wan as an apprentice those two Sith would defeat Sidious and then it would be Dooku Master and Obi-wan Apprentice. The second time we see this possibility is when Darth Vader asks Luke Skywalker to join them. Inevitably, if Luke had joined his father, the two Skywalkers would have crushed Sisious and became the Darth's of the Empire. And thats that.

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:29 PM   #45
me9996
Ring-smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
But how can that be restoring balance, it's just making it more one sided.
Thee light side on it's own is balenced... if George Lukus knew of this he'd say... Something.
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!

Old 04-02-2005, 01:47 AM   #46
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I don't think "the balance" was meant to be the jedi to sith ratio. The force itself would be unbalanced as long as the sith existed to manipulate it to their own uses. Since it's the force that "binds all things together," apparently on physical and other planes, I think that each time a jedi or sith messes with it in one area, something happens in another part of the universe that shouldn't happen. And since the Dark Side is marked by greed and corruption, sith would be using the force with no resptraint for as long as they existed. Once Luke killed the last sith, he probably exersized restraint during the rest of his life. Then the force was left alone and not bent for anyone's purposes, and hence, it was balanced.

I don't say that with any authority, altough I'm sure that's the way it goes.

Also, Qui Gon may have been wrong about Anikin being the one to restore the balance. It depends on your point of view. From mine, Luke was actually the one who restores the balance, so he was at least on the right track. And on the same note, he was wrong about Obi Wan being ready to take on an apprentice (since his apprentice was apparently not guided enough along the Light Side), but on the right track with that because that was Anikin's destiny, which would not have been fulfilled if Qui Gon hadn't puched for it.

Maybe I sound too deep. But I'm happy in my geekdom.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #47
me9996
Ring-smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
I don't think "the balance" was meant to be the jedi to sith ratio. The force itself would be unbalanced as long as the sith existed to manipulate it to their own uses. Since it's the force that "binds all things together," apparently on physical and other planes, I think that each time a jedi or sith messes with it in one area, something happens in another part of the universe that shouldn't happen. And since the Dark Side is marked by greed and corruption, sith would be using the force with no resptraint for as long as they existed. Once Luke killed the last sith, he probably exersized restraint during the rest of his life. Then the force was left alone and not bent for anyone's purposes, and hence, it was balanced.

I don't say that with any authority, altough I'm sure that's the way it goes.

Also, Qui Gon may have been wrong about Anikin being the one to restore the balance. It depends on your point of view. From mine, Luke was actually the one who restores the balance, so he was at least on the right track. And on the same note, he was wrong about Obi Wan being ready to take on an apprentice (since his apprentice was apparently not guided enough along the Light Side), but on the right track with that because that was Anikin's destiny, which would not have been fulfilled if Qui Gon hadn't puched for it.

Maybe I sound too deep. But I'm happy in my geekdom.
Luke doesn't do it, anikin/darth vader chucked palpaten in the pit.
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!

Old 04-23-2005, 06:30 PM   #48
Adonai Dragonwagon
Hobbit

Location: If you ever want to find me, look in the clouds. I'll probably be there.
I'm not sure if this is what some of you mean, but I always thought it was necessary for Anakin to be evil because great good comes with great evil.
I'm certainly no Star Wars buff, but it seemed to me that the Jedi were becoming complacent, stagnating in their assurance of peace. Good that has no reason to exist does stagnate and diminish, sometimes even corrupting itself into evil, like the Senate's bureacracy was doing. And so, in order to preserve the balance, and to keep good in the world, there also had to be evil.

Again, I'm not a Star Wars nerd, I don't know much about them beyond what the books and movies explicitly say.