Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2002, 03:14 PM   #1
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I never said he was drunk, Rosie.

She was just swimming on holiday when a speedboat crashed into her. Which is very tragic yes. Poor, poor, poor Kirsty.

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 03:18 PM   #2
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

Ok, so none of what I just said makes sense, but its a v. sad story all the same.
Old 04-09-2002, 03:26 PM   #3
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

Quote:
Feeling gay? I know I am!
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 03:32 PM   #4
Arian
Elven Warrior

Yeah, I'm tryin to work with her.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:37 PM   #5
Darth Tater
The man

noldo your avatar is scary. Make it stop looking at me!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:09 PM   #6
Arian
Elven Warrior

Tottaly. lol.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:11 PM   #7
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Something I've noticed a lot: guys tend to call everyone and everything they don't like gay, at least where I'm from. I've never heard a girl do it though. To make my point, here is a conversation I overheard yestaray after school.

Daniel: Hey Josh, you going to soccer practice?
Josh: Yeah, are you?
Daniel: Nope.
Josh: You're not?
Daniel: Nuh uh.
Josh: You crazy homosexual. Seriously?

(BTW, as for it being mostly a jr. high thing, Tater, this guy is in 10th grade.)

Also, a boy on the scholars' bowl team called Timothy Goebel gay because he's an ice skater, and also because of the way his name is pronounced.

I think it's really stupid. I mean, can't you just find another word? Like c rappy, or "You dork" or "You're so stupid" or something that, so that what you're saying is what you mean?

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 08:00 AM   #8
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

While we're on over used words, random and muppet are used a lot round here.

If you look at a really small window, it ain't 'that's so small,' it's 'why's that there? It's so random!' Everything IS random!

And muppet...everyone is a muppet round her.e

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 11:43 PM   #9
Arian
Elven Warrior

Well I had TKD (Tae Kwon Do.) My friend whom I have been talking to was being hyper and being her self again. But right now I'm brother by yet another friend of mine. (Don't worry amins. it's still about the talking problems over.)
Well I have a guy friend who asked me to Prom I don't know him that well, so do any of u guys or girls have any idea's of which might help to maybe talk about Prom and not lose our friendship, because he seems to like/like me. Please, thanks.

Last edited by Arian : 04-10-2002 at 11:45 PM.
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 02:40 PM   #10
azalea
Long lost mooter

*Very bored and reading past threads*
About displays of affection, Sam and Frodo were VERY affectionate towards ea other w/ out being gay. One of my favorite scenes in LotR is in RotK when Frodo is asking Sam to come w/ him on his journey at the end of the book and wistfully comments on how Sam cannot come for very long. I cried during that part. Affection need not be romantic at all, but stem from a deep friendship-type love.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 02:59 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I think people are overly supisicious. No one trusts anyone it seems like. If a person shows any kind of friendship toward a stranger - "There has to be an ulterior motive." If people show any kind of affection to someone - it's wrong. You can't show you cafre about other people unless you're really close to them - without it being a problem.

But look at TV shows anyway - most people would rather see a backstabbing show like Survivor (which I don't watch) than see a show where people help each other. I mean even the Real World on MTV - people liked the ones where there was a conflict. If people got along together - like the London one - it was concidered boring.

People would rather talk behind people's backs then find out the truth. People like spreading rumours about other people. People would rather think the worst about a person - than actually talk to them. These are just some observations I have made.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 03:13 PM   #12
azalea
Long lost mooter

Speaking of animosity, if everyone spent as much time on Entmoot answering my Hobbit trivia question as they are debating about membership issues I'd be getting to answer another question by now!

Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to offend, exclude, off-put, berate, insult, condemn, or support the censoring of any memeber of Entmoot, their families, or any subsidiary therewith. It was simply meant as a humorous quip, and an underhanded way of getting people to go answer my question. Hope I covered all my bases!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 03:23 PM   #13
Arian
Elven Warrior

K, back to suject. I need Prom tips, help please.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:33 PM   #14
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Well Arian, unless he decides to keep asking you out on dates, I wouldn't worry too much. But make it clear that you are going to the prom as friends, and not bf/gf. Lots of people do that, it's perfectly normal. Of course, if you don't want to go with him, don't. Just turn him down gently - in plenty of time for him to find someone else, of course!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 10:08 PM   #15
Arian
Elven Warrior

K, thanks. Well my friend is acting werid again. I guess it's just her. Well has any of you came up with friend problems, if so please tell them.