Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-25-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Peter Jackson's favourite characters.

Has anyone else realise that PJ gave some characters really good scenes and lines. Did you think it was obvious which characters were his favourite. IMO I think these were his favourite three and why.

1. Legolas- PJ gave him some quality action scenes eg. jumping on to the horse in TTT.
2. Gimli- PJ gave him some quality lines eg. 'Certain Death, Small chance of possibility, what are we waiting for.' RotK and, 'That only counts as one.' RotK
3. Sam- PJ gave him some great lines to like when replying to Faramirs suggestion of him being Frodo's bodyguard, 'His gardener'.

Tell my what you think his favourite three characters were and why.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:40 PM   #2
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

no offense intended but I totally disagree with your first wto choices. I mean I think he gave those lines and charcters not because he loved them but he needed to give them to someone. I think his top three were
Bilbo
Frodo
Sam
I mean he was basically a hobbit himself. Everyone alluded to it and he himself mentioned it. :0 Great ideas for discussion though.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:44 AM   #3
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

I think that the top 3 Char. to PJ would have been;

Merry
Pippen
Bilbo

because I could see those four drinking, eating and smoking pipe weed like 4 fat little hobbits!

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 06:47 AM   #4
Telcontar_Dunedain

There were 3 not 4!
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-12-2004, 06:55 AM   #5
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Haha, I was expecting someone to point that out sooner or later.... there is four... as i said I can picture those four little hobbist drinking together... assuming that Peter Jackson is a hobbit. Which if you look closely... well i guess you dont have to look so closely, that PJ is infact a Hobbit! haha

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 06:59 AM   #6
Telcontar_Dunedain

I think he looks more like a Wild Man of Dunland. There is a pic of him with them somewhere and the only difference is PJ has glasses on!