Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2003, 07:24 PM   #1
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

heat;h care

when a gun victim goes in to the emergency room, they cannot be treated unless they can provide proof that they have health insurance.

many people cannot afford this, and if they do, many people's insurance companies don't/won't/can't cover many things..

example: my mother is paying over $1000.00 USD a month for insurance that doesn't cover prescription medicines, braces (like for knees and ankles, not the tooth kind) or sports physicals... my question is, what exactly are we paying $1000.00 a month for?

example two: on the local news tonight there was a report on how some health insurance companies are "rationing" thier coverage to buyers.

my solutions:
- lower the costs of medical treatments so that maybe some peopke can afford to go to the doctor without having health insurance or...
-make like canada and raise our taxes a bit more to provide insurance for everyone.

i kow i wouldn't mind paying a bit more for that NOFX cd if it meant that i had my insurance to fall back on.

shouldn't health of the people in your country be a top priority?
vaccinations, cancer treatments, broken bones, (and america has more of these than any other counrty combined (not in a time of war) GUN SHOT WOUNDS are all happening to people, AMERICANS, and some of them will have to be left bleeding on the front steps of the hospital.
i think that one of the first steps to trying to make this country more unified is not to pump it full of superficial patriotism, but to actually care for it's inhabitants.

what about you people? <<<<<<<<<<original post<<<<<

>>>>>ADDED>>> AND CANADA AND ANY OTHER COUNTRY THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO THE "what about you people" SENTENCE.

Last edited by LuthienTinuviel : 10-23-2003 at 08:34 PM.
LuthienTinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote