Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-25-2002, 10:24 PM   #1
gdl96
the greg the admin

Austin Powers in GOLDMEMBER (spoilers)

I just came back from see the third Austin Powers movie, and overall, I have just one thing to say : Please don't make another Austin Powers movie.

That doesn't mean that Goldmember is a bad movie. In fact, it was probably the funniest one in the series. But it also had its share of stupidity. If another one is made, I fear it will ruin the entire series, as this one almost did.

Spoilers:
Some of the really funny parts IMO were the slew of cameos in the opening scene, especially Danny DeVito as Mini Me. I also thought that Nathan Lane's cameo was hilarious. Austin with the peeing statue and Austin and Mini Me behind the silloutte were also great. And I loved the Domo aragoto, Mr Roboto and the subtitle jokes. I also thought all the flashback scenes were great. And the Osbourne cameo and the boob satellite. And finally, sharks with freakin laser beams!!

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but there was a lot of other great jokes in there too (and a lot of misses).

Overall, I enjoyed Goldmember, and it will reign IMO as the funniest of the three movies. But alas, it will also reign as the stupidest.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 10:05 AM   #2
webwizard333
Elf Lord

I just saw it lsat night, and I agree with gdl96 about it being the funniest of the trilogy IMO, but I hope Mike Meyers will make another; he's overtly hinted on tv that he plans to. I don't think that it would ruin the series. The only problem I had with it was the fact that all the ads and other publicity ruined parts of the movie that should have been funnier since I had already seen them on tv; too much hype.
Old 07-28-2002, 01:50 PM   #3
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

of course i didn't really like it, but i did like the
cameos and sharks with lasers
gotta get me some of those!

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 01:09 PM   #4
gdl96
the greg the admin

Odd how there are not a lot of posts on the movie considering it made over $70 million this weekend.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 09:34 PM   #5
webwizard333
Elf Lord

Possibly because of the difficulty in seeing it. Every show over the weekend was either sold out or about to be. My friends and I only got to see it because they didn't want to see K-19 nor did they mind waiting about an hour, which was happily passed by stealing each other's cash/tickets and generally running around the mall.