Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-03-2004, 01:53 PM   #1
Aragorn_iz_cool
Elven Warrior

What's your ship?

What ships do you sail, and why? I am a Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna, and Neville/Ginny shipper.

Harry/Hermione: I have been a H/Hr shipper ever since reading the time-turner scene in POA.

Ron/Luna: Luna probably has a crush on him (she hums "weasley is our king" in the hogs head) and he might warm up to her. The main reason I ship this one is it would be so funny to read about!

Neville/Ginny: This one is just a preference, I guess becouse they are both side-line charactors that became importent in OOTP.

Last edited by Aragorn_iz_cool : 10-03-2004 at 01:54 PM.
Aragorn_iz_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:46 PM   #2
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Argh...you are pretty much the embodyment of all the ships I hate. Except Harry/Luna, you don't that. I'm sure you're a very nice person though...

My favorite three ships are Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, and Bill/Tonks.

Ron/Hermione- I just love it. I never thought about Harry and Hermione getting together, it's always been Ron and Hermione. It's like...instincitve, I can't explain it. I'm a BIG shipper, I'm a captain on one site and one of the most active members on another.

Harry/Ginny- It's much the same, by being instictive. I don't ship it as much as R/Hr, but it's close. Ginny could do wonders for Harry, since I don't like him much. I think she could change him for the better.

Bill/Tonks- it's just such a cool ship. I don't think it'll happen in canon, but I like it a lot anyway.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Hmmmm... ships? I guess you mean... couples, in slang?

Well, I agree with you, Sirigron, except the last one... Who's Bill?
Sorry, Aragorn, but I can't see Ginny with Neville.. it seems logical that Rowling will do that Harry would be with Ginny. One of the Wisley's, and the on ewho always liked him. But didn't seem to have a chance. The same with Hermione and Ron, I guess. Except it's even better.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:25 PM   #4
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Bill Weasley is Ron's oldest brother. He's a cursebreaker for Gringotts bank in Egypt.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 10-03-2004, 08:31 PM   #5
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirigorn
Bill Weasley is Ron's oldest brother. He's a cursebreaker for Gringotts bank in Egypt.

~Siri~
Ah, right. If you said Bill Weasley, I'd remmeber,.

I can't really see them as a couiple though... I don't remmember much, but I don't think they said much one to the other in the book..?
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:02 PM   #6
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

No...they aren't even in the same book. I just think it would be cool. Bill with his ponytail and fang earring and Tonks with her spiky hair and stuff...like I said, I don't think it'll happen in canon. I'm happy with it in fanon.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 10-03-2004, 10:29 PM   #7
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast The Brown
Hmmmm... ships? I guess you mean... couples, in slang?
Basically. "Ship" is a play on "shippers", which is a shortening of "relationshipper" -- someone who wants two characters in a book or tv show to become romantically involved. I got introduced to the term during my stint in the X-Files universe.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:52 AM   #8
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirigorn
Argh...you are pretty much the embodyment of all the ships I hate. Except Harry/Luna, you don't that. I'm sure you're a very nice person though...

My favorite three ships are Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, and Bill/Tonks.

Ron/Hermione- I just love it. I never thought about Harry and Hermione getting together, it's always been Ron and Hermione. It's like...instincitve, I can't explain it. I'm a BIG shipper, I'm a captain on one site and one of the most active members on another.

Harry/Ginny- It's much the same, by being instictive. I don't ship it as much as R/Hr, but it's close. Ginny could do wonders for Harry, since I don't like him much. I think she could change him for the better.

Bill/Tonks- it's just such a cool ship. I don't think it'll happen in canon, but I like it a lot anyway.

~Siri~
Have to agree on all of them.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:16 PM   #9
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I thought ship was short for 'relationship' and shipper was a play off ship....oh well, either way works. I got introduced with Harry Potter... because of the name ship, ship threads are normally stuff like 'the HMS' or
'the SS'.... Like R/Hr is the H.M.S Burning Pumpkins, and H/G is the H.M.S. Gryffindor Pride.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 10-05-2004, 03:43 PM   #10
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Hermoine/Ginny and Harry/Ron!

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:00 PM   #11
azalea
Long lost mooter

At least it wasn't Ginny/ Ron.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:55 PM   #12
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea
At least it wasn't Ginny/ Ron.
Maybe if HP took place in an area with a fairly straight family tree.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:02 AM   #13
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Ron/Hermione

Ginny/Harry
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:20 PM   #14
azalea
Long lost mooter

What's wrong with Luna/ Ron? I thought she liked him at first when she laughed hysterically at whatever it was that he said. I don't think Luna is out of the question, but admittedly she would be an...interesting person with whom to be in a romantic relationship.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:03 PM   #15
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

First of all, I don't think Ron likes her very much, not even as just a friend. Plus, he belongs with Hermione. *shrugs* But hey...that's just me.

EDIT: Whoops...posted as my sister...this is Siri, by the way...didn't realize she was logged on.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 10-06-2004 at 06:05 PM.
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 06:50 PM   #16
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I'm a Ron/Luna believer, I guess. I can't really see Ron and Hermy as anything other than friends, tho' JKR has certainly hinted that they'll get together. I think Harry and Hermione have more in common than Ron and Hermione.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:36 PM   #17
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Maybe more in common..but their differences are something that makes their relationship-to-be so wonderful! I really can't stand H/Hr...sometimes the shippers can get really obnoxious...no offense to you. And if you look on their threads, all they say is stuff like "Harry and Hermione is so cool!" "Harry and Hermione forever!" Often they don't say why they like it or give any canon evidence...but I'll shut up now. You don't have to agree with me.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 10-06-2004, 08:27 PM   #18
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

O.o o.O

You people scare me. The entire Harry Potter fandom scares me. Fandom in general makes me nervous. And I've eaten roadkill.

That said:

Dumbledore/Dobby!
Sorting Hat/Sevarus Snape 4 EVAR!
Dementors/Voldemort ]:-D
Old 10-06-2004, 09:10 PM   #19
azalea
Long lost mooter

(There goes Wayfarer, living up to his title again. )
I particularly like the last one there.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:37 PM   #20
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Me too...maybe they can give him a Kiss....

Sorting Hat/Snape...hmm....I didn't think Snape liked objects like it much...after all, it was Godric's hat!
-Two Towers extended DVD