Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2004, 03:32 AM   #1
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Predictions for books 6 and 7

I was listening to GoF in my car yesterday, and I started thinking about the parallel relationships of James Potter and Snape v. Malfoy and Harry.

In book 5 Harry caught a glimpse of his father as a bully. Now he can choose to despise Malfoy as his father despised Snape, or he can (as Dumbledore encourages them to do) reach out to Malfoy in the spirit of unity.

Now, since one of Rowling's key themes in unity and equality amidst diversity, I'm guessing that Harry and Malfoy will succeed where the previous generation failed.

That's all nice and general, so here's something else to go with it: I'm guessing that Harry will accomplish this by saving Malfoy's life, and then (perhaps unexpectedly), Malfoy will die to save Harry.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

im not sure what to expect, thats why i love these books. all my predictions for ootp were wrong so im not gonna try but just wondering when did you move to washington state
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:43 PM   #3
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I think that Ron and Hermione will start dating. I am not the original author of this theory, many Harry Potter fans think this.

The only way Harry and Malfoy will be friends, or at least not enemies, is if Harry stops taking offence at everything, and Malfoy stops being such a git.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:37 AM   #4
crickhollow

Nurvingiel--looking at their two personalities, I would probably say that it wouldn't happen. But looking at Harry and Draco's relationship as the foil for James and Severus, something has to change. And Rowling is skilled enough to make it happen.

Gimli--I'm a border-hopper. I still go to school in BC, but I'm living with my folks in WA.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:25 PM   #5
Sween
im quite stupid

Ron and Harmonie will get it on at some point. Does anyone else think we will see any of the character have sex in the books? I mean she trying to keep things quite real isnt she (well apart from all the magic and stuff)

Snape or Dumbledor will be the next defence against the darks arts teacher, the time for messing about is simply over. Harry i think will be moved to a moe important role within the wizarding after all he is the boy who lived i thyink we saw in last book him moving to a leader role with the DA meetings and been pretty damn good at it.

I think Harrys gonna bassicallyput the old love life on hold i think he has better things to another reason the old Ron/Harmonie story line will come to the fore.

Lots of people are going to start dieing. I wouldnt be too surprised if some non mentioned characters get killed off eg Harmonies perents and basically any one who is close to harry who they can get. Harry is protected at his Aunts and Uncles but how protected are they? Could the dursleys be killed? (oh what a pity) basically Voldermorts going to go for anyone he can to hurt Harry.

As for the Malfoy story line i cannot see him turning good nessarily i mean hes a little s*** isnt he ast thing he is going to do is save someones life. But i think for his lack of spine we mite see him not been able to go through with things. He is the little school bully that allways hides behind his best mateshes not a doer if you know what i mean i think when push comes to shove Draco unlike his father just wont have the balls to go through with the things hes expected to do for the dark order eg Sirius brother
Old 01-22-2004, 10:16 PM   #6
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
I don't know....after the end of the fifth book do you really think that JKR would do that? I mean sure it owuld nice in some perverse way but.......I really would have to say I'd not like it very much. Uniting against a common enemy is all well and good but what are conflicts without complications (conflicts, big problems-Voldemort, complications, little problems-Malfoy). Don't think I've seen much speculation on Lupin so I shall speculate, something's got to happen between those two, I mean Harry saw Sirius as really the only father he's ever really had...now he's gone...and he's pissed at Dumbldore so I really don't hink he'll be asking him for anything anytime soon, so who's left? Lupin.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:11 AM   #7
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

I'm not sure about Harry and Malfoy; because Malfoy's father's a Death Eater, I couldn't honestly tell whether or not [Draco] himself was of good or ill intentions...maybe Harry will grow closer to Snape, although Snape still favours Malfoy...although he can't be worse than UMBRIDGE

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 05:25 PM   #8
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I also think Dumbledore will convince Fred and George to finish school. If not him, then they'll get in trouble with their mum and she'll make them go back. They would still run their business though, grades be damned!
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2004, 03:44 PM   #9
Fimbrethil

And after everything I've read and heard theorized I think that is the longest shot of all! No offense of course........but lets be reasonable. Nurv that gave me a good laugh.......please don't get mad.

Old 01-26-2004, 08:04 PM   #10
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I'm not mad, Fred and George are hilarious. My theory makes sense, to me if no one else.
Quote:
Old 01-27-2004, 03:20 PM   #11
Fimbrethil

Well, I suppose it does make sense.......in some odd way. But it was just kinda funny thinking about them going back to school.

Old 01-28-2004, 01:21 AM   #12
thranduil
Elven Warrior

I have a suspicioun that Dumbledore may have made a mistake with Snape, with letting him teach and be in the order. I'll put money on it that Snape or Dumbledore dies, most likely Voldemort will kill snape.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:46 AM   #13
bowntori
Sapling

the future is doomed

The only thig about book six and seven is that dumbledore will die! more than likely saving harry prompting the scarred magican to tear volde from limb to limb,magicallyn speaking though a good kick in the balls wouldnt go a miss
bowntori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:21 AM   #14
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Or they could both be killed.
Quote:
Old 01-30-2004, 01:18 AM   #15
crickhollow

Re: the future is doomed

Quote:
Originally posted by bowntori
The only thig about book six and seven is that dumbledore will die! more than likely saving harry prompting the scarred magican to tear volde from limb to limb,magicallyn speaking though a good kick in the balls wouldnt go a miss
I think you're right, bowntori. The entire wizarding community has been hiding behind Dumbledore, and it's time for a new leader to emerge. In GoF (and probably elsewhere), Hagrid speculates that they'll be lost if they would ever lose Dumbledore. Voldemort can't be defeated by one person, everyone else relies too heavily on him. They need to be forced to pull together without him.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:14 AM   #16
Sween
im quite stupid

Re: Re: the future is doomed

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
I think you're right, bowntori. The entire wizarding community has been hiding behind Dumbledore, and it's time for a new leader to emerge. In GoF (and probably elsewhere), Hagrid speculates that they'll be lost if they would ever lose Dumbledore. Voldemort can't be defeated by one person, everyone else relies too heavily on him. They need to be forced to pull together without him.
I think you've missed the point of the whole book Voldermort can be defeated by one man and that man is Harry no one else stands a chance
Old 01-30-2004, 02:25 PM   #17
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

i think that draco will become a death eater for sure - he's too much of a slimy g** (tom feltons own words) to become good, at least for a long period of time.

snape will probably end up being killed by voldy after saving harrys life.

sirius hasn't gone for good - tho this might just be wishful thinking......

"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 02:32 PM   #18
crickhollow

Re: Re: Re: the future is doomed

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
I think you've missed the point of the whole book Voldermort can be defeated by one man and that man is Harry no one else stands a chance
fine, alright, but that man is not Dumbledore, and Dumbledore is the one everyone is relying on right now. That has to change. So, either he is going to step back and say, "oh, I think young Potter can take it from here", or he is going to be killed off. Which do you think is more likely?
Old 01-30-2004, 02:48 PM   #19
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

he's gotta be killed off... it'll be the only way to make harry take on voldemort.... unless he pretends to be hurt really badly... but i can't see that happening some how
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 08:42 PM   #20
Brian
Elven Warrior

i think there will be a show down between "YOU-KNOW-WHO"
and harry. also a little more about the twins shop

slipknot rules and norco is still the best!!

my fourm need ppl!!

http://www.casev.com/lotr/
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote