A Elbereth

A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
Silivren penna miriel
O menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-diriel
O galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
Nef aear, si nef aearon!

A strange thing seeing an orc singing an Elf song... maybe their blood awoke in me? Anyways, I'm so crazy about tolkien that I just wanted to post this cause 'it filled my heart with joy' talking in Tolkien way...
----------
Ugluk of the Uruk-Hai
Old 03-10-2001, 10:26 PM   #2
Fat middle

Re: A Elbereth

Welcome to Entmoot, ugluk great

i've moved this to Middle Earth, which is the apropiate forum for Tolkien related miscellaneous.
Old 03-11-2001, 01:26 AM   #3
Spock1

Tis a wonderful thing that an orc and a Vulcan/Hobbit can feel the same way.
I've the opening line lettered on my car in old English; that's how much I love it.
Here, here, for the orcs of taste.
Old 03-11-2001, 06:16 PM   #4
ugluk great

Hehe, sorry guys, I won't post a lot here, cause my most favorite message board is www.warcraft3.com and I will be a traitor if I move here, cause I have about 500 posts there, and post there every day...

Anyways, I'm writing my own book about what happened after LOTR and I'm planning Ugluk to become an Elf. I know u say he died. Well, I say he didn't!
Old 03-15-2001, 09:24 AM   #5
easterlinge

Welcome, whoeveryou are. Ummmm, how does one turn an Orc into an Elf? I know in Silmarillion that Morgoth twisted and altered captured Elves to make them, but I read somewhere that Tolkien changed his mind (my goodness he does that a lot doesn't he?). I've forgotten what the origins of Orcs are supposed to be.

Maybe Ugluk slips up and turns into a Hobbit....
Old 03-30-2001, 04:45 AM   #6
Lief Erikson

He didn't change his mind that I've heard of. He says they twisted and altered elves in his books, the Silmarillion and I think it says so in the LOTRs somewhere as well. Plus, it's in the encyclopedia.
Old 04-04-2001, 03:51 PM   #7
Fuor

What does that verse mean?

Can anyone translate that verse for me because I reckon its great but I don't know what it means ?
Old 04-05-2001, 03:33 PM   #8
ugluk great

Re: What does that verse mean?

www.uib.no/People/hnohf/elbereth.htm
It has the translation. The language is Sindarin.