Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 06:16 PM   #1
BeardofPants
the Shrike

How do you envision the 'Mooters?

(Apologies if this has been done.)

How do you all imagine some of the Entmooters to look? I know some of you have seen pictures of 'mooters: did they look in anyway that you imagined? What were your initial perceptions?

G88 - I always thought of as being tall, with a small frame, long wavy blonde hair and glasses. ( Galadriel... four eyes!)

Afro-Elf - I thought he had a 'fro!

Cirdan - Based on his original avatar - I thought he was a hippy... (don't kill me!)

Anduril - a blond adonis.

Earniel - I always have this picture of a frog kissing individual for some reason!

Elfmaster XK - Drunk, drunk, and drunker....

Garina - small framed, with black hair, blue eyes and a pasty brit complexion.

RE - Hair of many colours!

Frodofriend - sort of a female version of Frodo... v. cute!

Tano - I'm thinking of a mischievous individual with curly/wavy brown hair, blue eyes and rosy cheeks - I think it's the apples....

Darth Tater - I can't get past the spud image...

HOBBIT - Short. Loud.

CBG - CBG of Simpsons fame.

More later.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:01 AM   #2
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
What about me?

I imagine Samwise of the Shire as sort of a feminine version of Sam.

BoP, do you want us to say what we really look like after a few weeks?

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
Old 06-28-2002, 05:35 AM   #3
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I have a great deal of trouble visualizing mooters (or anyone on the web) without pics. In fact, to the extent that mooters weren't actual people, sitting at pcs, but rather fingers, typing at a keyboard...

[points].....okaaaaaaaay....[/points]
Quote:
BoP:
Anduril - a blond adonis.
Now this is totally, absolutely and undeniably wrong.

I have brown hair.
Old 06-28-2002, 05:39 AM   #4
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril
I have brown hair.
Yes, I know that. I was talking about my initial perception.
Old 06-28-2002, 06:14 AM   #5
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
BoP:
I was talking about my initial perception.
I know that. I was showing how totally, absolutely and undeniably wrong your initial perception was.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:16 AM   #6
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

BoP, When you first "Bleahed" me, I thought you were a 20 year old guy in college who didn't make good grades, and had a whiny,sarcastic attitude. Then I figured out you were female and was surprised, then I saw your pix and was surprised again. You are very pretty, for whatever that's worth!

I thought Afro Elf was black (ha ha) I pictured a big Afro Pic hanging out the back of his "fro".
I think Eruvial has long blonde hair.
I think Tar-Elendil looks just like the movie Pippen (why?)
I think Sister Golden Hair looks like me (age wise), but has pretty,shiny blonde hair.
I imagine Arathorn smiles a lot
Might think of more later
(Just kidding about the afro pic part)

Last edited by Lizra : 06-28-2002 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:02 PM   #7
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
I think Tar-Elendil looks just like the movie Pippen (why?)
You probably got that idea from his signature. It proclaims him as "The Númenórean Pippin lookalike".

Psalm 107:31
Old 06-28-2002, 01:34 PM   #8
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

He also had a very nice pix of Pip for his avatar for awhile! I hope he does look like that, The movie Pip has an interesting, inviting look.
Old 06-28-2002, 02:01 PM   #9
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
thought Afro Elf was black (ha ha) I pictured a big Afro Pic hanging out the back of his "fro".
here's something from ages ago that goes with your mental image:

Even though afro here means one of African descent as opposed to hair style

But that is a hilarious image an elf with a big 1970’s super bush

I can see legolas with a mega-fro, bell bottoms and platform shoes
Running gently across the snow at Cadehoros (SP?)

What follows may be offensive to those who are, post-modernist, deconstructionist, super liberal, politically correct types or basically anyone who suffered from the post 60’s educational system and doesn’t know it

The history of the first age by afro-elf

See we was chillin’ in da mudda land when this giant valar ( Englishman/American imperialist) comes and says “we are gonna take you to the promised land”

But this evil valar melkor was the leader of a group of people called nazis and they had had captured many of our youths and made them orcs. Now orcs were like our own people but they were corrupted and called themselves niggas instead of the avari word Negro. Basically they were loud and rude and gave all the rest of us a really bad name

Anyway because of melkor the german nazi valar, we did trust this orome dude And we send 3 of our homeys to check it out. They came back and said cool. Except for elwe who was now called thingol. Thingol did trust the valar who he called “whitey” but he did manage to throw down some afro-elf love on one of their woman: melian who he brought back to the motherland. She was down with us and thingol and her made the funkiest land in middle earth. Doraith. We just chilled. Playing smooth jazz, cards and basket ball.

our orc cousins though busied themselves with gangster rap and drive bys and learning black speech (aka) ebonics

now the sell out noldar come back messin’ up our stuff. They’ve been corrupted by whitey and are full greed and venegence over some jewelry

thingol said let whitey’s lackey’s make their own war an the nazis

but whitey’s disease affected us all. Thingol had a fine mulatto daughter who wanted to marry an edain (aka latino, short lived but fast breeding)
we were like at least he aint no sell noldar. Besides he’ll be dead in a few years and we’ll live forever

but NO, he had to go ask for a silmaril. So what happens? He gets killed by dwarves( the forefathers of jews and arabs, they WERE one group at one time) they have long beards will go to war over slights, sequester their women so none can see them and like gold and have a rep for being greedy and stubborn)

then the valar and all their sell out lackey’s wage war in the motherland and mess it up so bad that they destroy it. (talk about exploiting a people)
so after the first age we kinda all went back east to closer to the original home to get back to our roots with our moriquendi( dark-elf) leaders to lorien and greenwood the great.

Hey even galadriel fell for some of the afro-elf love. Celeborn is moriquendi and when they say dark speakers dey jus be jealous of dee afro elf love talk we be don put on some of dere finest women

Speaking of my homey why is everyone down on my man celeborn
He got the finest white woman on the planet, she was tutored my melian i guess she learned well, then some runt dwarf comes to his kingdom and makes a pass at his wife and you expect him to chill?

Come on the dwarves killed his uncle and sacked his home
Then greedy bastards awaken a balrog that leads to the death of amroth another
Kinsman and great lord

peace out

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
Old 06-28-2002, 02:27 PM   #10
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

WOW! Makes me wanna smoke some Kool's and listen to the Ohio Players!
Old 06-28-2002, 02:44 PM   #11
Elf Girl
Lurker

What about me?

I tend to think of people as their avatars, and get very disgruntled when they change them.
Old 06-28-2002, 06:29 PM   #12
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
What about me?

I tend to think of people as their avatars, and get very disgruntled when they change them.
You must really love me then!

I think of you as small, slim, with long straight brown hair, and hazel eyes. Possibly glasses? I think you're quiet spoken, but quick to laugh. How close was ?

Ringbearer: I haven't really clashed with you enough to formulate a picture, but I'll try. I *think* you're male. (sorry!) You're young, so you're probably height challenged. You DON'T have short brown curly hair! You may have brown eyes, and ash blonde hair. These are just wild guesses!

A-E - I've said this before, but I thought you were white at first!

Lizra - my first impression (as you well know!) was a fat hausfrau... (many apologies), but I've since been proven wrong by your fiesty attitude. Peace?

Khamul - for some reason I've got this picture in my head of someone who's always up to no good....

SGH - I have a similar pic to Lizra on this. For some reason () I think she has blonde hair!

Lady Midnight - a slightly plump, but very pretty looking gothic type person, with dyed black hair, and deep blue eyes.

Arathorn - I pretty much got his looks right, and I too imagine that he's always smiling and laughing - which is why I like winding him up! He's so cute...

EG - I actually thought "bird-like" in that she was small framed, quick movements, with grey eyes, and ash blonde hair. Then she said she looked like Jodie Foster, and so I started thinking a younger version of her. I wasn't too far off the mark either.

Blackheart - scary man in dark alleyways...
Old 06-28-2002, 06:42 PM   #13
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

A FAT HAUSFRA!!!! That's hilarious Why fat? I wish I had a scanner! I'm tall, slender, with big brown wavy hair. My personal style is similar to the women in the B52's (offstage!) if you are familiar with that band. Ha! I wish I could see the (old) picture in your brain! Lookin good Lizra!! Yes, peace. Peace is good.

Last edited by Lizra : 06-28-2002 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:35 PM   #14
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
A-E - I've said this before, but I thought you were white at first!
I've gotten that all my life
Quote:
WOW! Makes me wanna smoke some Kool's and listen to the Ohio Players!
LOL

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 06-28-2002, 09:23 PM   #15
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

I thought Earniel was a boy for the longest time...now that I know better, I think she's taller than me, with light brown hair and greenish eyes. EG the same except with blond hair. I always thought of Tano with red hair.
I have to think about this some more for the rest of you...heehee.

What do I look like?? Is it safe to ask?
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 06-28-2002, 09:39 PM   #16
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Quote:
G88 - I always thought of as being tall, with a small frame, long wavy blonde hair and glasses. ( Galadriel... four eyes!)
LOL, I am tall, but I definitely don't have a small frame!! I've always been big for my age. I'm 13, but people think I'm 16-17! [EDIT- I accidentally left out the 1 in the 13 at first...LOL] But I'm...umm, let's just say I'm....big.....er. I'm not really fat or anything, just.....big. Oh and I have ashy blond hair, it's almost light brown, and it's shoulder length. And I actually used to have glasses, but I got contacts a couple of years ago. And I have braces now. So you were partially right, BoP!

Khamul - Brown hair, tall, teenage guy who wears a baseball cap w/ a fraying bill.
Lizra & azalea - Brown hair, mid 30's, motherly types who also have a slightly wild side.
AE - Looks like his old avatar of Denzel Washington.
BoP - Blond hair in a ponytail, concentrating on the computer w/ a furrowed brow, suddenly gets mad at something and furiously types away.
DT - He's the one I think of as short and loud!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 06-28-2002, 09:40 PM   #17
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Renille, Frodo friend and Rogue Elf

I thought of as triplets. I think that are all buddy's around the same age.

I thought of them as being natural types. ( not those make up jewelry dependant types)

I thought brown hair cut short

glassess with large and intoxicating brown eyes

but i stop it there because despite their maturity I recall these young ladies are 1/2 my age

'Dern Helm"

Old 06-28-2002, 10:00 PM   #18
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

LOL, AE. That was just funny.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 06-28-2002, 10:13 PM   #19
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I also think of Lizra and azalea as being similar

'Dern Helm"

Old 06-28-2002, 10:42 PM   #20
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Posted by G88
BoP - Blond hair in a ponytail, concentrating on the computer w/ a furrowed brow, suddenly gets mad at something and furiously types away.
You have no idea how bang on that was! *Squints* Are you watching me?!