Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

akira and wall-e. the ghost in the shell movies are very good, too.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
shanerobbed

My favourite Animated movies is.....

1, Monsters Inc.
2, The Sword in the Stone
3, Lilo and Stitch
4, Toy Story 1,2
5, Ice age 1,2,3

But most of mine favourite is Ice Age. It's very awesome animated movies. Last month i watched this movie 4 time and i enjoyed very much..............

survivor episode catch here in HD
Old 08-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #3
Logkhya
Hobbit

I vote for Shrek. I still remember how excited I was when I watched the movie

Last edited by Earniel : 09-21-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: advertising removed
Logkhya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Snow White, the old-school Disney flick and the foundation for Walt Disney's empire. It was the first movie I ever saw. I still remember being utterly terrified by that awful witch/stepmother.

Finding Nemo. I love that movie so much, I not only have it entirely memorised in English but also, almost entirely, in its French version. L. O. V. E.

Fantasia, another childhood filmic breakthrough. To this day, I still hold to the idea that inanimate objects can contain a spirit, too. Those brooms! That music! Everything about that film is amazing.

The Wall. Well, it was mostly animated! Pink Floyd's The Wall.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #5
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Oh! I forgot to mention Ratatouille and Wall-E, both labors of pure genius.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Interesting bit of trivia - we know Brad Soden, the guy that made the machine that Wall-E was modeled after. His wife was paralyzed in a car accident, and he got so frustrated that she couldn't join the family on hikes anymore that he built a wheelchair with tank tracks! (click on the "Our Products" link to see the tank chair). My son (the one with the handicaps) has ridden on it - it's pretty impressive. They don't take government money because they don't want to be held to ADA standards - the guy is a genius, and puts the craziest things on it! My son got one of their speedster chairs - it's the coolest thing, and SOOOOO fast! They just gave another chair to a paralyzed policeman, and another one to a kid that wants to be on his school's marching band. They drove from Arizona to Texas to drop that chair off. Brad came by before they left and showed us how he set up their Suburban for his wife - unfortunately, she's having a bad time with pressure sores, so he took all the seats out behind the front seats and set up a very comfortable bed, complete with computer access and tv screen for her. She's very sweet and soft-spoken, and he is just a wild and crazy guy he experiments with explosives for fun That's Brad in the video with the bright green speedster chair - it's 3 times as fast on pavement; he's going pretty slow.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-11-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That is seriously fascinating, Rian, and my interest is piqued like crazy- does he have a website to link to? Surely he must! I want to read up more about the original Wall-E guy, he sounds bloody amazing, genius like you say.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 AM   #8
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yes, he has a website - I guess my link didn't show up for some reason. Anyway, here it is:

Tankchair

or you can always just search "tankchair" or go to tankchair.com. Click on "our products" to see the tank chair, and "the company" to read the backstory.

Yeah, Brad is just an crazy amazing genius! The chairs are just SOOO cool, they've really been great for my son - it's like a car for him, which is nice since he's 17 now and we can't afford an adapted vehicle. He can travel several miles in it at a very good clip (up to 25 mph), and it just looks so cool - not like an institutional, drab, scary-looking wheelchair. He took it to a skateboarding competition we had here a year ago, and a lot of the skateboarders loved it and signed right on the fenders, including Rob Dyrdek. It is so well-balanced that it can literally spin (REALLY fast) on a dime, and anything that isn't tied down flies off. It has turn signals, headlights, and a great air-horn (which is actually for safety, because he goes in parking lots and is harder to spot than a car). The one they made for the paralyzed policeman had a siren and flashing police lights!

The video of Brad in one of the speedster wheelchairs is on the right side of the page in the "our company" section.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 09-12-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:56 AM   #9
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That is SO freakin' cool! Your son must be hella stoked to have wheels like that. Thanks for the info link, too, Rian. He's such a great invention & inventor, very inspiring.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
Rían

You're welcome - and yes, you should have seen the smile on my son's face when he got those wheels! That's one of Brad's goals - to take away the "scariness" of wheelchairs and make them cool so that people will not be afraid to come up to handicapped people.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yeah that tankchair is extremely cool-looking- they custom build each one to the person ordering it, they said on their company website but I had to google to find out how much they priced out at. 15-25K, one person said. That's not bad, considering it's a lifetime investment and is pretty much like a car. What a fantastic invention!

So, animated movies...

They're releasing Finding Nemo in 3D around here (I live in L.A.), so of course I'll be seeing that. I heard it's awesome but that the 3D darkens all the colors, a thing I noticed when I watched Prometheus, which was my first-ever 3D experience. It was so, so cool but so DARK!

ParaNorman looks - a bit silly, but I'll definitely catch it on DVD later. I'm a real sucker for animated films. Besides, it's produced by the same team who gave us Coraline, and I LOVED that bizarre, imaginative movie.