Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Game - Nuclear Chess

Nuclear Chess: Has anyone ever tried this - or even heard of it?

My older brother learned it some years ago - he thinks from the guy who invented it. He explained it to me back then, but I was never interested in playing it. Well... now my oldest son is playing chess, and since his uncle came a few times and started playing "Nuclear Chess" with him - he's gotten me to try it with him. It's really an interesting variation.

Here's what you do: All the pieces move as in normal chess. However - at any capture, BOTH pieces involved stay on the board, frozen in that square. That square becomes a "Nuclear Disaster" and no other piece can land on it (or cross over it, except for a knight in his normal movement) for the rest of the game. ALSO - all pieces within one square at the time of the capture are removed from the board for the rest of the game.

It changes the game pretty drastically. One thing you have to watch - an attack on any piece within one square of a king, places the king "in check" - so you have to say "check".

Anyone played it? Anyone interested enough to try it? There are several of you who I think would get into it. If you try it (or have played), post back here and let me know.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote