Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2000, 06:16 PM   #1
andustar

mouth of sauron

looking through all the discussions i saw the tom b one and remembered the site it was from. i went there again (hadn't been for a while) and saw this, which i never noticed before. what do you all think?
quoted from the chapter 'the departure of boromir'

'Nay!' said Legolas. 'Sauron does not use Elf-runes.'
'Neither does he use his right name, nor permit it to be spelt or spoken,' said Aragorn.

now, in the chapter 'the black gate opens' it describes the mouth of sauron, and after talking about his name he comes out and says very plainly 'I am the mouth of Sauron.'

i have thought about this for a while now and have more than one reason, but i'd be interested to see what everyone else can come up with

btw am i saying too much too soon? i have only been two days and yet... :lol: ive posted everywhere already. darth you did not realise your danger when you gave me the address