Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-26-2002, 03:02 PM   #1
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
The Search for Losillewen

All right, this is the first RPG I've started here, so please, be nice!

THE SEARCH FOR LOSILLEWEN

Alasse, a young (human) woman, has just witnessed the disappearance of her best friend (an elven maid) Losillewen into a parallel dimension. After making a promise to Losillewen that she would "get her back home," Alasse finds that not only her friend's life, but much more, depends on this, for Losillewen is the bearer of Nenya, and Saruman now reigns in Mordor. If Nenya and Losillewen do not return to Middle Earth, Saruman will reforge the One Ring and no one will be able to stop him. Gandalf has told Alasse that she, along with a company of noble, kind-hearted questors, must retrieve Losillewen. Alasse has gone in search of a few people to join her on her quest. Alasse alone may follow Losillewen to where she has gone, so it will be her task to join her friend in the other dimension and help protect her while the others search for a way -- the ONLY way -- to get them back (when Alasse follows Losillewen, she, too, will be trapped.)

Who will join this quest?

Character description for Alasse
Race: Human (woman)
Weapon: sword
Horse Name: Ellaire
Background: Is from Gondor, but has not seen her city in a very long time; travels almost constantly.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:13 PM   #2
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Silverstripe- Perfect!!

Character discription for Losillewen:

Name: Losillewen
Race: Elf (Galadrim)
Wepon: Sword and Bow; Sword can turn into staff in need.
Backround: A elf of Lothlorien. very good friend of Galadrial. is telepathic like galadrial. (I am the one that is.. um.. gone)
hair color: blond
horse name: Namarie; decendent of Asfolioth(sp) (Glorfindel's horse; not Arwen's.)

When do we post Ic?? do we need more characters?
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune

Last edited by Ms. Undomial : 11-26-2002 at 03:14 PM.
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:14 PM   #3
Silverstripe

ooc: Yes, we probably do need more characters, at least two other "questors." That way no one has to go it alone.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:19 PM   #4
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

ooc: hum... ok. so in other words, we wont' be starting this thread for a little while...
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Old 11-26-2002, 03:33 PM   #5
Silverstripe

ooc: Probably not, unless you want to recite a few monologues, you're all alone in the "other dimension"!
Old 11-26-2002, 03:36 PM   #6
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ooc: Count me in!!

I'm taking a new role!!

Name: zarek (prefers zar)
Description: tall clothed in black with a necklace around neck which holds a turqoise coloured stone.
Race: WeatherWarden, Elemental keeper.
weapons: a channeling staff, which he uses to direct the certain types of weather and elements at people e.g. Lightning, wind, snow, Frost, Ice, Fire, Earth(In the form of earthquakes), water e.t.c....The stone around his neck gives him the power to do this.
transport: Use elements to take him across different places, mostly walks.
creature: A small dragon that can talk and flies about him all the time. The dragon is only about thirty centimetres tall.

ooc: I think we can start it and let other people come in when they want!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:41 PM   #7
Silverstripe

ooc: Okay, we can start now, but Alasse can't join Losi' in the other dimension until we have one more person ... or maybe she can, if she charges "Zarek" with finding more questors. What do you think?
Old 11-26-2002, 03:42 PM   #8
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

ooc: I think that this whole thread is interesting, so lets get on with it!! you start!!
Old 11-26-2002, 03:48 PM   #9
Silverstripe

ooc: All right.

ic: After my friend Losillewen disappeared into another dimension, I journeyed to the Prancing Pony in Bree, hoping to find others who would join me on my quest. I stood and explained the quest to those in the inn; lately, that was not considered an unusual thing to do. I told everyone that the quest was of grave importance; however, I did not reveal exactly why. This I would do only for the rest of the company.

"Now," I said after I had explained the circumstances, "who will join me in this quest?"
Old 11-26-2002, 03:51 PM   #10
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

ooc: I can be a extra person now, if you want.....
Old 11-26-2002, 04:16 PM   #11
Duddun
I Antha

I will join!
My character:
Duddun
Weapons: Long black sword, and a bow.
Race: Elf from Mirkwood
Companion: A dark shadowy figure that rides a black bunny.
I'm Not Evil!
If the critics say it's good, is it really That good?
It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's a balloon!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Duddun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:27 PM   #12
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

ooc: hello and welcome to our thread Duddun! I love your character's discrip! Black bunny!!! oh boy!
Old 11-26-2002, 06:03 PM   #13
Silverstripe

ooc: Yay! We've got our minimum four! Now, let's get started on this thing.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:09 PM   #14
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

ooc: Yes!! I am going to think of something for me to do while you people are trying to find me......
Old 11-26-2002, 06:17 PM   #15
Silverstripe

ooc: Remember, I'm joining you as soon as events allow for it.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:24 PM   #16
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

ooc: Yep! I know. but i am allowed to have a little bit of fun while I am waiting for you aren't I??
Old 11-26-2002, 06:33 PM   #17
Silverstripe

ooc: Yep. Maybe I should try to join you now so I don't get left out? Yes, I think I will. I'm going to move things very fast for a minute, then it'll be back to normal.

ic: I looked at the two brave questors, then remembered Gandalf's last instructions to me: to get Ellaire and follow Losillewen to the other dimension, as only I could, to help protect her. "Zar," I said, looking to the one who had first spoken, "I going to leave now, but I will still be able to speak to you all, I think. Please try to gather more questors if you can, and set Losillewen and me free." He agreed, and I told him why this quest was so important: "Losillewen is the bearer of Nenya, and if she does not return to Middle Earth, Saruman will succeed in reforging the One Ring and all is lost." I explained all he would need to know, as leader of this part of the quest. At a grave look and a nod from Zarek, I went to the stables and got Ellaire.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:50 PM   #18
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

ooc: sweet!

ic: I stood up and looked around. what I saw suprised me. there were animals all around me, but the strange thing was that they were talking. "Where am I ?" I asked. they looked at me and then a wolf walked up and said:

Wolf: "you are in the kingdom of the eagles. Where are you from? for we have never seen the likes of you around."

Losillewen: "you speak the common tounge. it is indeed strange. I am from Middle earth. Losillewen I am called. I am a elf. who arev you?"

Wolf: "we speak our own language, and we are suprised that you know it. Middle earth? but how is that possible? for you are in Middle earth, and there has never been any of your kind here. what is a elf? I am Earuile, lord of the Wolves and servant of the King eagle. "

Losillewen: "who is the king eagle?"

Earuile: "you have never heard of Kurmar, King of the Eagles?"

Losillewen: "nay, I have not. may I see him?"

Earuile: "we shall see. go home everyone, our Lord will soon decide what to do with this stranger. "

I mounted Namarie, who was very nervous, and we followed the Wolf.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:03 PM   #19
Silverstripe

I mounted Ellaire and urged her into a trot, then cried out the words that I somehow knew I needed to say in order to follow Losillewen: "Now I seek a friend; now I come to fufill a promise!" Instantly there was a flash of bright white light, and I sank into oblivion...
How long it was before I awakened, I do not know. But when I opened my eyes, I found myself still on Ellaire, who had stopped and was now standing perfectly still on a patch of grass. This looked so similar to where I had last been, that I could almost have brought myself to believe that I had simply passed out while riding Ellaire, save for two things. First, that has never happened before, and second ... there was no sign of any people. The Prancing Pony, the stables, everything was gone.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:12 PM   #20
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

we were on our way to meet the "King" when Earuile lifted up his head and smelt the air. "what is it?" I said

Earuile: "there is another stranger abroad. "

Losillewen: "where? What direction?" he nodded towards the east, and I imeadeitly spred Namarie to a run. What I saw I did not believe. it was Alasse, siting upon Ellaire, looking around as if in doubt. "Alasse!" I yelled. her head jolted towards me and she said: (ooc: I will let you go on from here.)