Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-25-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
"Very well, friend Vincent! That settles it. Commmence work on those new contraptions." said Edward."We ride out on the first quest in the morrow. Make you personal weapons ready."
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:09 AM   #2
orithil
Captain Jack

Vincent left and as he was walking out the door he told one of the guards to gather as many people as possible to the court yard to begin building.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:41 AM   #3
Mari
Elf Lady

Celia looked at Vincent who was leaving the Hall and mumbled to no one in particular: "I do hope he is able to aim those spikes of his, before we are all killed by them some way or another..."
Shaking her head Celia turned to Edward. "Do you still have targets standing on the outer practice fields? I think a little practice couldn't hurt."
Edward nodded and Celia left the Hall to start practicing her skills with the daggers. Musn't forget to update my herbcollection, because it sounds like I'll need them.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Mariana and Edward were left alone in the room, and for a moment, neither spoke. Edward was busy rearranging some papers that lay in front of him; he hardly seemed to notice the plain, black-clad woman that sat silently at the end of the table. Then:
"Oh! Marian--I mean, Sister," he said, looking up suddenly. He seemed to contemplate her.
Mariana let herself appreciate the moment before speaking. She wondered what was flashing through the Prince's mind, and thought she could guess. What in the world has she done to herself? was probably what he was asking inside that head of his. He had not seen her for years, since before she took her vows. In fact, he was the last one she had seen, of all of the Dragon Knights, before submitting herself to the hermitage and then the convent. All of them knew of her intent to become a quiet nun. But none of them had visited her--by Mariana's own request--and, more importantly, none of them knew why she had done it. But that was a story for another day.
Mariana stirred. The beads hanging from her waist clacked dully together. She sighed. "Edward..." She smiled at him. "It has been a long time." She studied his face. A long time indeed. She noted the lines, the wrinkles, the graying hairs. But his eyes still held the same light. Encouraged by it, Mariana put forth, "Edward, you know I cannot join you in this new war, don't you?"
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Dear old friend." said Edward."It has indeed been a long time, and I fully understand that you cannot join us in this new campaign, but I thought it prudent to summon you nevertheless."

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-12-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
orithil
Captain Jack

"No, No!, up you idiot" yelled Vincent as he poked the worker next to him "at this rate well never get the one finished" he said under his breath. He bought the plans up to his face and studied them, then he looked at how things were proceeding, it doesnt look to bad he thought. Meanwhile the black smiths were working on finishing many hundreds hopefully to be thousands of explosive shrapnel and it was going rather well with fifty black smiths working twelve had already been created in the hour and they could only get better as they practiced and smithys from all over the place came to aid in building the catapults and trebuchets. He turned back to the catapult and sent a small blast of magical energie which quickly screwed a screw in he sighed but realised with all these men working at the same time...well...it was almost finished.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

The bolt thudded into the bulls eye of the target. Tom watched as Edwina retrieved her bolts. She was a great shot; he wouldn't want to make her angry. Celia was nearby throwing her daggers at another target. Tom's heart sank. These women were warriors. He had heard the servants talking of the Dragon Knights, but he had brushed it off as idle palace talk. His father had told him the story of the Knights banishing Dragons to the outer reaches of the kingdoms. But Tom didn't believe in the Dragons or the Knights. His only worry was people finding out about his secret.

Edwina knew Tom was watching, but didn't pay him any mind. As she pulled out the last bolt, she looked over at Celia.
"These won't be much use," She said after the Knight planted another dagger in her target. "I don't think the Dragons will just stand there and let us throw things at them,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:22 AM   #8
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Some distance away Sir Christopher and Prince Darion were practicing.

Darion used his powers openly and aimed his spears with willpower alone. They thudded into the bull's eye with incredible accuracy. Then he just thought hard and they were janked out and he continued his practicing.

A distance away Sir Christoper practiced jousting with a sparring partner. The horses thundered towards each other on the course and they lances crashed into the shields. Time after time they turned around and continued practicing.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #9
Mari
Elf Lady

Celia answered Edwina while going over to the target to retreive her daggers. "I don't intend to fight the dragons with my daggers, Edwina. My gift is not an offensive one. I'll probably stay behind to help with the strategies and the healing of the wounded. But don't worry! My daggers are effective enough to pierce the dragons brains through his eyes. As long as I aim well." At this she turned back to Edwina with a smile. "Which reminds me: who is your friend?"

Old 02-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #10
orithil
Captain Jack

Vincent strolled up to Sir Christopher shaking his head and muttering to himself "Sorry to bother you christopher, but I was wondering if I should be in charge of the catapult crews in our battles, I know most about their range and power" Vincent paused "Well atleast until we can train some people to be in charge, so what do you say?"

Old 02-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #11
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Vincent, my friend. I think that would a good idea - as you say - until the crews have developed proficiency."
Old 02-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
Acalewia

Edwina didn't have to ask who Celia meant.
"His name's Tom Brawder. He's a squire to one of the knights of my father. You can say he's mine now," She smiled. "I caught him dancing around with a sword the other night. He actually looked like he knew what he was doing," She chuckled. "Both of our powers aren't offensive. But I can get closer to the Dragons than you can," Edwina scoffed. "As long as they don't take off my head," She raised her crossbow and fired. "Between you and me, I have a feeling about Tom," Celia gave Edwina an odd look. "I think he might be hiding something, but what I really couldn't say.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
Mari
Elf Lady

"Hmm, and I have a feeling that we will find out about it before this is over... Perhaps you should try to get him to spar with Edward. He is also a sword fighter. But if you'll excuse me, I'll go lay down in my room a bit. My head is starting to hurt, which might be the beginning of a vision. I'd rather not risk fainting here with all the weapons flying around." After giving Edwina a what she was hoping was a reassuring smile, Celia headed back to her quarters to lay down with a cold compress.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #14
orithil
Captain Jack

"Alright now move it down a bit, a bit more, a bit more, more, more, more, mor-STOP!" alright thats good now nail it in" Vincent was glad how things were proceeding, the first catapult was almost finished which mean't while more were being made Vincent could begin training the first catapult crew, oF course they would only use rocks the begin with.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #15
Mari
Elf Lady

She was right, the headache was indeed the coming of a vision.
Inaccessible looking mountains were visible to the north, but the lands she was seeing now were cultivated. There was a small village further down the main road, but she was standing in the middle of farmland now near a farmhouse. A man and a woman were coming her way.
"Diana!" The man tried to catch up with the woman who was heading towards the farmhouse. "Please, I'm sorry okay? They didn't mean it like that!"
The girl abruptly came to a halt. "Oh no?! You and I both know that your parents most certainly did mean it! Martin, we need that tool. What with the news of dragons further up north..."
Martin looked at Diana, a farmgirl who normally had a smile ready for everyone but was looking quite upset right now.
"Don't worry about it, you'll have that tool, I promise!"
Suddenly the vision shifted. She was now standing on a hill, looking down on a battlefield. The battle seemed to have ended, but it didn't look like it was a battle won by humans. When she looked up she could see dragons fighting in the sky. Had they been fighting eachother all along, or had they waited until the humans were defeated? Were the humans defeated?
Again the vision shifted.
She was once more standing in the landscape she had seen earlier, but this time she was near an inn. People were screaming and seeking shelter as the shapes of dragons at the horizon became better visible. Looking around, Celia noticed that the corn had been harvested and it looked like the people had been celebrating. The Harvest Festa! The dragons were going to attack at the day of the Harvest Festa! The first dragon started attacking. Debris came flying at her and...
The vision changed again. Celia was now standing inside a tent still expecting to be hit by debris. She saw Edward, Vincent and Christopher bent over a campaign map.
"Vincent, your weapons proved capable of injuring the dragons, but if we can't improve the hitrate it won't do much good in the end. For such large creatures these dragons are awfully agile." Then Celia was hurled out of the vision as her other self entered the tent.

"I have to share this with the others as soon as possible!" Celia thought, but she knew better than to try and get up now after such a clear vision. She needed to rest before she could even think of moving an inch.
She pushed away the horrible things she had seen in the village and at the battlefield and closed her eyes to try and get some sleep, but not without wondering about the importance of the man and woman she had seen.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #16
Acalewia

As Ceclia left the practice fields, she glanced up at Tom. Her friend was right, perhaps she could convince Edward to spar with Tom. Edwina left the fields to find Edward.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:17 AM   #17
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Edward was sitting by the great table in the hall and looked up as squire came in and announced that Lady Edwina wanted a quiet word.

"Of course, let her in." Edward said.

Edwina entered the hall and walked up to the table and sat down next to Edward.

"Edward, my friend, there something I would like to talk to about. One of the squires, Tom Bawder, appears also to have some mysterious ability. I have not yet surmiced what this can be. But I thought perhaps you could have a word with him."

"Of course, dear Edwina. I will call him in and talk to him." Edward replied.

"I am glad, Edward. We need all the able bodies we can gather, in this conflict." Edwina said and smiled.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #18
Acalewia

Tom blinked at the servant.
"Edward wants a word with me?"
"Yes,"
"Well, let's not keep him waiting," As he followed the servant to Edward's quarters many thoughts raced through his mind. What intrest could Edward have in him? Why would he want to have a word with him? Could Edwina have told him of walking in on his sword practice? He hadn't meant to hit her. But now he wasn't sure if he did.

When he reached his destination, Tom saw that Edwina was there as well. What did Edward want with him?

Old 02-08-2008, 04:34 AM   #19
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Edward gestured for Tom get seated and he did so.

"Tom, my friend, Ive heard that you have been making ready for the quest too. That is good. Edwina has told me you might be more than meets the eye. Is this the truth? When it concerns special abilities we at this castle have no secrets. Pray tell what you can do?"
Old 02-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #20
orithil
Captain Jack

"Alright gentlemen you probably know why i have gathered you here today, I"m going to teach you to be the masters of the catapult then you shall teach others" Vincent paused waiting for a yes sir or aye aye but he was only met with blank stares a few seconds later he got the "Yes sir" he had been waiting for. "So first we are going to try hit that target, now wind the winch set the counter balance thats right now fire when you think it will hit"
They did it a couple more times Vincent said "alright keep going" and went to speak to Edward about the catapults, when he entered he found Edwina, Edward and the squire sitting around the table.