Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-30-2000, 08:54 PM   #1
etherealunicorn

Future SW movies

Admittedly, I know next to nothing about the SW books, having only seen the movies, so I am curious to learn from those of you with more knowledge in this area: After having seen Episode One and the original movie trilogy, I am curious to know where the Clone Wars come into it all. Perhaps this question has been addressed on a thread that I have not seen yet, but that is one point that I have been wondering about since Episode One. Do any of the books cover this point?
Old 05-30-2000, 09:34 PM   #2
bmilder

Re: Future SW movies

No, the authors aren't allowed to include the Clone Wars or other prequel material in their books. The Clone Wars should be in Episodes II or III. We don't know much about them, except that Ben Kenobi, Bail Organa (Leia's father) and Anakin will be involved in some way.

It's unclear whether the Clone Wars will involve Clones or not. There have been arguments about this. It could be battling duplicate soldiers, or similar wars, or something entirely different.
Old 05-30-2000, 09:36 PM   #3
IronParrot

Anything that the books cover is irrelevant when speculating about the next two films. Use what you know from the current films only. From the current films only, this is what we know:

- Obi-Wan Kenobi is a General in the Clone Wars, and serves Leia's foster father Bail Organa.

- Anakin Skywalker is a hero of the Clone Wars, presumably as a fighter pilot.

Nothing else is set in stone, although the general inclination of the fans is to believe that this will be a great war between the Jedi (and allies) and the Sith (and allies), and you get Palpatine/Sidious playing both sides and gaining power from all of this.
Old 06-26-2000, 04:10 PM   #4
Fox609

Actually the clone wars was between the Jedi & Mandalorians. Although there caould be a few Sith Mandalorians... We shall see.