FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2004, 08:30 PM   #1
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

lol heres a site detailing the scaffs:

http://glasgowsurvival.co.uk/gallery/glaNedGal.html

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 09:02 PM   #2
Lótiel
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Twista
You know if you were all from scotland i could tell some great ones, but since none of you are you wont understand these jokes lol. Anyways, we have a breed of human called a 'Scaff' or 'Ned' in Scotland. Anyways these are basically the scum of the earth. They wear bright white shellsuits and have baseball caps pointed upwards at least 45 degrees. And, they would say things like this at certain parts of the film:

"See Smegal ei?, he pure wants to git the f*ckin soverant ring for em self eh, hes a pure F*ckin mental case eh?"

"ahh pure brilliant, see the f*ckin city, gorgeous eh? nearly as nice as that bird Shantel i got me leg ova last nit eh? eheheheheh!"

I won't write anymore because your all prolly thinking 'What the hell is this guy talking about???!!!"

lol
I actually think I met some of those when I visited Glasgow last February. Great lot!
Lótiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:59 AM   #3
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I almost got kicked out of Pirates of the Carribean for doing a similar list for that movie... The people at the theater havn't forgotten me since.
hehehe! what did you do? I wanna know!!
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Quote:
Originally posted by sirigorn
ya know ya can see orli's elf tat on his arm when he and the loverly capitain jack sparrow are sword fighting.

seriously though.. tried the mr. anderson thing... i guess alot of people haven't seen the matrix. i do want to try the plot hole one though..
Old 01-12-2004, 04:57 PM   #5
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by sirigorn
Lol...well, I:
-Stood and payed my respect to the pirate skeletons
-Kept talking like a crazed fangirl on caffeine about Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom (and Geoffery Rush...he's the hottest one! )
-Asked others in the theater if they had ever been to Singapore
-Threw popcorn at the bad guys on the screen (BAAAD idea...)
-Asked people what a eunuch is innocently
-When the Jack says "I know those cannons", said "Oh my gosh, SO DO I!"
-When Elizabeth says her last name is Turner said "LIAR!"
-Screamed whenever the skeleton pirates came onto the screen
-Started saying "Do it, do it!" when Will holds the gun to his head
-Started laughing manically at random parts of the movie
-Answer the characters questions
-Started crying when Jack was stabbed
-Said "Oh..." when he turns into a skeleton and pretended like nothing happened
-And otherwise ruined the movie for everyone else in the theater....I feel kinda bad...Ok, I'm over it.

ON TOPIC:
I am going to get a group together and go do these LotR ones.... Though I will have to go to a different theater. I am currently banned from the one I usually go to.
Salquënòrëwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 05:02 PM   #6
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Have that much confidence yeh? lol

(MY 100TH POST LOL)

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 05:08 PM   #7
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Twista
Have that much confidence yeh? lol

(MY 100TH POST LOL)

Actually I was really scared to do it....but the 5th time I saw it (I saw it 10 times in the theater) I had no worries.

(Congrats at your 100th!)
Salquënòrëwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:23 PM   #8
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Quote:
Actually I was really scared to do it....but the 5th time I saw it (I saw it 10 times in the theater) I had no worries.
LUCKY!! I never get a chance to see movies more than twice in a theater.

Back on topic:
Yell REALLY loud every time you see that ugly orc. Cheer when you don't see him any more. Cheer really loud when he dies.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:44 PM   #9
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ethuiliel
Back on topic:
Yell REALLY loud every time you see that ugly orc. Cheer when you don't see him any more. Cheer really loud when he dies.
Sadly, you don't get to see him die. I just imagine that he failed to dodge that huge block of masonry.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:40 PM   #10
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Quote:
Sadly, you don't get to see him die. I just imagine that he failed to dodge that huge block of masonry.
That partly came from wishful thinking, and partly from my sister insisting that he died when Aragorn arrived.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:50 PM   #11
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

In true "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" style:

When Denethor sends Faramir on a suicide mission and starts eating disgustingly, throw toast.

Yell "Slut!" when Arwen comes on screen, and "Asshole!" when Elrond comes on screen.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:44 PM   #12
Gerbil
Elf Lord

The original list, while funny, smacks of a standard list that goes around that just gets tweaked for each film.
The Monty Python stuff is always good for a laugh though

Must admit, my reaction to seeing the ugly orc is to put on a dribbling, deformed voice and say ´My name ... is ... John Merrick´ although not sure who will get that one here.

But seriously, any of you do any of that crap during the film when I´m watching, and getting kicked out will be the least of your worries. I don´t speak spanish and have still had a go at people for their bloody mobile phone stupidity over here. If they spoke english they´d be in real trouble

Which reminds me, when I´m rich I´m going to start a cinema where if you talk or your mobile goes off you get kicked out immediately in a very violent and public fashion. What is it with these cretins? Mobile phones are the disease of the modern age, although that´s a bit off-topic here... Also note how the likelyhood of a given mobile ringing in the cinema is directly proportional to how god-awful the ring-tone tune is.

<me goes and calms down>

Last edited by Gerbil : 01-15-2004 at 09:50 PM.
Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 11:17 AM   #13
ryttu3k
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbil
Must admit, my reaction to seeing the ugly orc is to put on a dribbling, deformed voice and say ´My name ... is ... John Merrick´ although not sure who will get that one here.
"John Merrick, the elephant man, was a friend of miiine!"

Thank you, DAAS.
ryttu3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 12:35 AM   #14
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
That partly came from wishful thinking, and partly from my sister insisting that he died when Aragorn arrived.
You don't get to see him die, but he does die when Aragorn comes... They all die (but i do wish i saw it!!)

Quote:
Which reminds me, when I´m rich I´m going to start a cinema where if you talk or your mobile goes off you get kicked out immediately in a very violent and public fashion. What is it with these cretins? Mobile phones are the disease of the modern age, although that´s a bit off-topic here... Also note how the likelyhood of a given mobile ringing in the cinema is directly proportional to how god-awful the ring-tone tune is.
hehe some theater i went to had a preview thingy that had this really obnoxious guy get a call in the theather, start talking really loud, and gets thrown out of his seat onto the scene. the audience cheers. Then it says something like cell phone ejector seats...coming soon to a theater near you I wish!!
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 01-17-2004, 08:51 AM   #15
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Arwen Undomiel

Quote:
Originally posted by ryttu3k
I unfortunately came very close to that one, when Denethor ran out burning I turned to my sister and muttered, "One Stewerd of Gondor, extra crispy, please!"
ROFL!
i know what you mean; my aunt turned to me and said," i know the olympics are this summer, but do they have to start the run for the torch so early?"

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 09:00 AM   #16
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Re: 20 Things To Do When You See The Movie

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex

7. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson!"
Acutally I did that.
Or better: Every time he appeard I just commented: "Agent Elrond".
Old 01-17-2004, 11:04 AM   #17
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
i know what you mean; my aunt turned to me and said," i know the olympics are this summer, but do they have to start the run for the torch so early?"
hahaha So lame it's funny!!
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 01-19-2004, 04:41 PM   #18
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

hee hee, those are really funny guys! rotflmao (wow you really gotta know aim lingo to get that one. lol)

when i sawthe movie at midnight, my friend nick yelled 'peek a boo!' whenever the eye of sauron came on screen. i was ready to kill him by the time the movie ended.

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 03:07 AM   #19
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Arwen Undomiel LOL

I'm still giggling!
Elanor's Angel

Frodo lives1
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:28 AM   #20
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Mobile phones!LOL!(ok, no one got that)

when gollum comes on, say in a loud voice: that is SO a puppet

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote