Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2001, 04:21 AM   #121
Johnny Lurker

Well...

If you wanted to take a cue from the "Original Prankster" music video (by The Offspring), I could be the Redman to Grima's hidden prankster.

(I'll spare you having to watch it. Basically, if this doesn't contradict the book, I'd be the semi-real entity who slips Grima the knife for Saruman and convinces him to conclude this story - I'd like to point out that I haven't read the passage in question, and my source for LOTR information is hearsay)

I know that my character's purpose would be fulfilled in quite an... er, fulfilling manner. Then my character's role in this story would be complete. (I still haven't figured out what happens to him after - perhaps he's dissolved and returns to Heaven/Hell, or perhaps he's a spectre [á la Fire Golem] raised by a sorcerer who just... disappears. Perhaps he returns to flesh form, being granted his hands back, or perhaps, most intriguingly, he is reunited with himself - the elements of hatred, ambition, energy and malevolence divorced from love, docility, matter, and conscience, then reunited once the task is complete. [Sort of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but with a twist])

Hmmm... I'd love to read over the scenes in question, but I'm afraid I'm rather bogged down for the upcoming... two weeks or so.

Eagerly anticipating your conclusion.
Old 01-23-2001, 01:12 PM   #122
Gilthalion

Re: Well...

umm, actually, i dealt with your character in GRAND CONCLUSION PART ONE...

my writing skills must be off...
Old 01-23-2001, 06:53 PM   #123
Johnny Lurker

Indeed you did.

(I was aware of that. Honestly, I was just trying to get your imagination kick-started - I don't know enough about the universe of LOTR to actually add any substance.)