Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #61
Mark of Cenla
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
Ah, now I don't even have to say it.

Er...this sounds pretty much from the movie, not from the book. Do you have any textual evidence for this? Because this certainly isn't the feeling I got.

We are talking about the movies here. So it seems to me that whatever the new movies do has to be more consistent to the existing movies than the books.

I had to let go of the movies closely following the book a long time ago. If I hadn't, I would still be pissed off about the ending in Return of the King. To each his/her own.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #62
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
Does anyone visit here anymore?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
By "here" I meant Entmoot generally, not only the topics some find "depressing."

Forgive me, it's just my extroverted self.
Yes, Jon, but we're hanging in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
I see Mirkwood as mostly deciduous also. And not as dead as what one might expect, even in the murkiest parts. Sauron hasn't been there that long and creatures like spiders and black squirrels need something to eat.

I would expect the contrast between the areas held by elves and the murky areas to be stark.
Of course Mirkwood is deciduous near the elven halls. "The beeches were their favorite trees." They walk through a beech forest, then a valley filled with oaks, one of which Bilbo climbs to see the butterflies.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote