Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-28-2004, 08:00 PM   #61
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

This is the third thread about this movie. Are they all going to be merged?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #62
Underhill
Sapling

Sam Gamgee I hope

I really hope that he does make "Hobbit" it would totally rock with the trolls and all.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:43 AM   #63
Glorfindel_of_Gondolin
Hobbit

I can’t believe the posts here bagging pj and his movies! He took a work of massive size, scope and grandeur, one of the defining works of a generation, and managed to transfer it successfully to another medium while still staying true to the heart of the story.

One must consider that if you were to make the movie as the book exactly, we would be sitting down for four or five hours per film. No one but the most dedicated would sit through that marathon. The film has to make money, at least to pay its actors and crew, and movie studios are no in the business of losing money. So all artistic considerations are subservient to the movies overall bank ability. To make it a reasonable length, anything that is not pivotal to the plot is fair game.

Any adaptation of the novel could never have every line of dialogue or every event or character. Anyone who thinks that, is not really sure of what they are saying.

And the films have easily brought millions of new readers to the works of Tolkien, and let anyone say that that’s a bad thing.

If he did do The Hobbit, he would, I feel, give his all to do it justice.

Oh an P.S. On several occasions, pj has said that he would have made the movies for free.