Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-23-2000, 12:28 AM   #1
IronParrot

Canada RULES!

thrawn96, if you're going to insult Canada, do it here so you don't pollute the rest of the board... and I don't pollute it either when I paint this place with your blood, so to speak...

Old 06-23-2000, 12:30 AM   #2
bmilder

Well I'm not sure it rules necessarily...

Can you give proof?

Old 06-23-2000, 12:34 AM   #3
IronParrot

Yes, I CAN give proof.

Webster's (which is American) defines "rule" as "to mark lines on with or as with a ruler; to mark (a line) thus"

Well, the Canada-US border serves to mark the straight line that is the 49th parallel. Therefore, Canada rules - and it rules a very long stretch of land, too.

Old 06-23-2000, 01:25 AM   #4
thrawn96

This you might of heard of. Maybe I'll take one of the lyrics and put it in my sig.

BLAME CANADA

Time's have changed
Our kids are kids are getting worse
They wont obey their parents
They just want to fart and curse!

Should we blame the government?

Or blame society?

Or should we blame the images on TV?
Heck No! Blame Canada

Blame Canada

With all their beady little eyes
And flappin heads so full of lies

Blame Canada
Blame Canada

We need to form a full assault

It's Canadas fault!

Don't blame me
For my son Stan
He saw the darn cartoon
And now he's off to join the Klan!

And my boy Eric once
Had my picture on his shelf
But now when I see him he tells me to @#%$ myself!

Well, blame Canada

Blame Canada
It seems that everythings gone wrong
Since Canada came along

Blame Canada
Blame Canada

Theyre not even a real country anyway

My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer it's true
Instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbecue
Should we blame the matches?
Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?

Heck no!

Blame Canada
Blame Canada

With all their hockey hubbabaloo

And that bitch Anne Murray too

Blame Canada
Shame on Canada
The smut we must stop
The trash we must smash
Laughter and fun
must all be undone
We must blame them and cause a fuss
Before someone thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

Old 06-23-2000, 01:35 AM   #5
thrawn96

34 REASONS CANADA SUCKS!

1. They think they are superior because they have penguins.
2. The so-called words "eh" and "aboot".
3. They have polar bears.
4. That @#%$in national health care @#%$.
5. Those funny hats with the flaps. (What the @#%$ are those called.)
6. They're too far north for the Mexicans to go there.
7. Quebec. (What went wrong? I think it was those @#%$in frogs that took over.)
8. Regina
9. Molson Beer
10. They canceled The Kids in the Hall.
11. Alanis Morrisette
12. Celine Dion
13. Shania Twain (She's a hotty, but her music sucks)
14. Crash Test Dummies
15. Fuel
16. Steppenwolf
17. kd Lang (giving good looking lesbians a bad name)
18. Canadian football
19. Hockey
20. Their pennies look just like ours. (bastards like to copy Americans)
21. What's with the @#%$in Maple Leaf?
22. The fact that they have "Mounties".
23. They can't speak either French or English correctly.
24. The fact that they think they are their own country (We all know it's the 51st state.)
25. They have too many eskimos.
26. They know more about our country than we do.
27. The phrase, "The Great White North".
28. It's full of left over draft dodgers from the Vietnam War. (Pussies)
29. Their army couldn't invade a LA High School.
30. We haven't officially invaded and sold their land to Disney.
31. Robert Goulet
32. Peter Jennings
33. Tom Brokow
34. Their infatuation with the British Monarchy.

Old 06-23-2000, 01:46 AM   #6
thrawn96

Top Ten Reasons to Nuke Canada
1: Canada is the most useless country when it comes to war. They never help in any hostile situation. It is never heard on the news, "Canadian troops advanced today into a situation that is escalating out of control."

2: We have been in many history classes and have never heard of Canada helping in Vietnam or Desert Storm.

3: We're not sure, but we don't think they have a Navy or Air Force.

4: If we nuke Canada, the only thing we will lose is the expensive drink "Clearly Canadian."

5: Canada also happily provides us with its immigrants. I mean hell, we've already got those weirdos coming in through the Mexican border, from Cuba, and Puerto Rico. I think we have enough.

6: Canada copied us and got professional sports. They can't come up with anything theirselves.

7: We were suprised when we saw this. The infamous and popular Canadian Bacon pizza topping is not even made in Canada. That is really pathetic.

8: We would just like to add, the Raspberry flavor of "Clearly Canadian" tasted nothing like raspberries.

9: You've heard of all those cars that are made in Canada. They're uhh...

10: And for the tenth reason, it would be cool, they wouldn't even see it coming. I mean we haven't even used one on someone since the 40's, and they're all just getting rusty, and if we're gonna pay our hard earned tax dollars for these things, we damn well better use them. So who's the best target? Canada!

Reasons NOT to Nuke Canada
No reasons presented yet

Old 06-23-2000, 03:15 AM   #7
arynetrek

" 5: Canada also happily provides us with its immigrants. I mean hell, we've already got those weirdos coming in through the Mexican border, from Cuba, and Puerto Rico. I think we have enough."

i'm beginning to think your anti-Canada thing is all a joke, but immigrant-bashing is just plain cruel. people come up from central & south america because they don't want to get shot in the streets, & if they think that they can have a better life here, then i for one welcome them. whatever happened to the "land of opportunity?" america sure isn't perfect, but it's preferable to death in a gutter. besides, many immigrants end up doing the very necessary but unpopular jobs that most american's wouldn't touch.

As for Mexico, that country has a huge gap between the rich & poor. These people coem to the US because they want to get a better job so they can feed their children. Cuba - hey, i wouldn't want to live under communist rule either. Puerto Rico - THEY'RE A US TERRITORY!

aryne *

Old 06-23-2000, 07:16 AM   #8
juntel

Reason to NUKE the US (and only one needed):

They've got too many people so bigotted (see the above posts!) they will want to nuke everyone else!

So nuke the US before it nukes the world.

No other reasons needed.

But of course that's no solution.
Too many good people would be nuked at the same time.

And given enough time, Celine will win the (above) bigots hearts...

Signed JUntel... one of "those" frogs mentionned above...

Old 06-23-2000, 02:56 PM   #9
bmilder

It's mostly a joke...

Also, I'm sure he didn't make up those lists and got them from some site. In any event, I don't want this to turn into a board-wide flamefest, so please keep all anti- and pro-Canadian comments in this thread for the time being. IP intended this when he made this thread. I will delete or edit most of the the anti-Canadian comments in other threads so they don't get clogged up.

Any attempts to revive this in another thread will be swiftly dealt with and penalties may be given out. There is really no reason to bash other countries that are so similar. Also, there are plenty of Canadian and British members here and we don't want to offend them. Personally, I prefer the United States, but that's because I was born here! It was really just luck that you were born in the U.S. too, and other people were probably born in the countries that they prefer. The United States is more populous and richer than the countries mentioned, but Canada has more area and if GB hadn't colonized the New World, we wouldn't be here (forgetting for a second the Revolution )

It is quite pointless to stereotype tens of millions of people, and not polite to do so on a public board that contains such members. It's ok to have a little friendly rivalry between citizens of different nations, stress friendly. But to get to the point where people get offended is unacceptable.

Canada obviously isn't as known for its military exploits as the United States is, but WWII was more than 50 years ago. From their other posts, I guess Canada contributed to the war effort too, like many other countries, but was not as visible or as involved as the U.S.

Recall that the U.S. and Canada share the longest undefended border in the world. We're friendly, neighboring nations. There's no reason why we shouldn't act that way.

This thread remains open for the time being but it will be closed if things get too bad.

Old 06-23-2000, 03:06 PM   #10
juntel

In this thread, I took everything before "Top Ten Reason to NUKE Canada" as a joke, nothing more.

But that particular post... Let's not forget that in other words it means "Top Ten Reasons to KILL Canadians".

It's still a joke, I agree, but of very bad taste.

I have a good sense of humour... but it has its limits. Let the posters read what they write (or paste) before posting.

I won't go any further.
I've said what I wanted to say.

Old 06-23-2000, 03:31 PM   #11
thrawn96

Ben was right, I got all those lists from other websites.

Old 06-23-2000, 03:35 PM   #12
thrawn96

http://www.canadasucks.com/images/c1.jpg

Old 06-23-2000, 03:41 PM   #13
thrawn96

Ben actually does like these posts:

gregl58716 (12:37:46 PM): did u like my canadian disses?
bmilder (12:38:04 PM): well i tend to agree with them but i don't think it's appropriate for entmoot :-P
gregl58716 (12:38:15 PM): :-P
gregl58716 (12:38:23 PM): but u thought they were funny?
bmilder (12:39:08 PM): somewhat
gregl58716 (12:39:19 PM): and u agree with them?
bmilder (12:40:54 PM): well i do agree that the u.s. is superior to canada :-P
bmilder (12:41:06 PM): i've even made small anti-canada jibes at ironparrot's board ;-)
gregl58716 (12:41:30 PM): lol

Old 06-23-2000, 03:45 PM   #14
bmilder

That doesn't mean I liked them. As I said before, due to the fact that I'm American, I like the U.S. better than Canada. However, that doesn't mean I want to nuke them, or that I want to post strong anti-Canada stuff all over the board!

Old 06-23-2000, 05:04 PM   #15
Eruve

As an American citizen who is married to a Canadian citizen and who lives in Canada (in Quebec, no less, with all the "frogs"; I'm even married to one), I'd just like to point out that it's possible to think both places rule.

Old 06-23-2000, 05:29 PM   #16
IronParrot

Don't close this thread yet! I'm replying to those top 10 lists one point at a time!

Old 06-23-2000, 05:54 PM   #17
IronParrot

First of all, South Park is a JOKE. In fact, Matt Stone and Trey Parker are Canadian.

Now, in reply to "34 REASONS CANADA SUCKS!" which I didn't take seriously, but I'm going to respond to anyhow.

Quote:
"They think they are superior because they have penguins."
We don't have penguins.

Quote:
"The so-called words "eh" and "aboot".
We don't actually say "aboot", and we don't use "eh" any more than Americans do (and trust me, Americans use it more than you would realize). Of course, there's Newfoundland, but that's another issue entirely and if I mentioned it I'm going to have a Newfie flame me for stereotyping them.

Quote:
"They have polar bears."
Does that mean we suck?

Quote:
"That @#%$in national health care @#%$."
Actually, the national health care system only serves to provide and allocate funding to the subsystems which are largely managed by the provincial governments. The provinces have most of the power. If you get the opportunity, read about something called Bill 11 in the province of Alberta - it was hot news a month or two ago and had to do with this issue.

Quote:
"Those funny hats with the flaps. (What the @#%$ are those called.)"
I have a hunch you're referring to Stetsons. It's a tradition of the mounted police, just like turbans are a tradition of Sikhs. Actually, recently there was an issue about whether a Sikh in the RCMP would wear a Stetson or a turban... the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the turban.

Quote:
"They're too far north for the Mexicans to go there."
You'd be surprised how many Mexicans are in Canada. Not as many as there are in the United States, percentage-wise, but still a lot.

Quote:
"Quebec. (What went wrong? I think it was those @#%$in frogs that took over.)"
That's juntel's playground.

Quote:
"Regina"
You've never been there.

Quote:
"Molson Beer"
Must have confused that with "34 reasons Canada rules!" Make sure you're typing in the right list next time.

Quote:
"They canceled The Kids in the Hall."
Awww, poor sweet baby. In the States, ABC pulled Reboot off their lineup and pissed off all the American CG fans. Same deal.

Quote:
"Alanis Morrisette"
"Celine Dion"
"Shania Twain (She's a hotty, but her music sucks)"
et al. with the music...
First of all, music is a matter of taste. I don't like their music either... but does that have anything to do with them being Canadian? If you're going to bash Canada based on the music that comes out of it, bash music of the true Canadian sound. Spirit of the West, Tragically Hip, Great Big Sea, et al. (Then you'd REALLY be asking me to rain death on you...)

Quote:
"Canadian football"
Aww... unhappy with the fact that all the American CFL franchises collapsed two years ago?

Quote:
"Hockey"
Again, you confused it with the "34 reasons why Canada rules" list.

Quote:
"Their pennies look just like ours. (bastards like to copy Americans)"
They're both made of copper, and they are roughly the same dimensions. Big deal! And if you think the origin of the copper penny design was American, think again.

Quote:
"What's with the @#%$in Maple Leaf?"
The same thing that's with your beloved Stars and Stripes.

Quote:
"The fact that they have "Mounties"."
Yes, we've already established that you don't like Stetson hats. That's really your problem, not ours.

Quote:
"They can't speak either French or English correctly."
Here's a stereotype about Americans on the same level of (im)maturity as your little comment about language. Americans can't speak English correctly, and they can't speak French period! (Note: I'm not serious here, just sarcastically noting what a blatantly immature and unfounded assumption this is)

Quote:
"The fact that they think they are their own country (We all know it's the 51st state.)"
States don't have their own Constitutions.

Quote:
"They have too many eskimos."
We have no eskimos at all. I believe you are referring to the Inuit. And as for them... we don't have a whole lot of them either.

Quote:
"They know more about our country than we do."
That's a good thing for us, and a bad thing for you.

Quote:
"The phrase, "The Great White North"."
Aww... have a problem with it because you don't know how to pronounce it or something?

Quote:
"It's full of left over draft dodgers from the Vietnam War. (Pussies)"
Actually, they weren't draft dodgers. It's just that Canada didn't participate because the government knew that the American foray into the situation was a completely pointless effort that was a waste of human life. A pity the States didn't have that kind of foresight.

Quote:
"Their army couldn't invade a LA High School."
That's what's sad about L.A. high schools.

Quote:
"We haven't officially invaded and sold their land to Disney."
Again, your problem, not ours.

Quote:
"Robert Goulet
Peter Jennings
Tom Brokow"
1. Don't shoot the messengers
2. Don't shoot the countries they belong to, either.

Quote:
"Their infatuation with the British Monarchy."
The same British Monarchy we've been getting rid of for the last 133 years? Please.

My response to "Top Ten Reasons to Nuke Canada" will follow...

Old 06-23-2000, 06:39 PM   #18
Finlandril Far Seer

Quote from thrawn96:
__________________________________________________ _____________________

Top Ten Reasons to Nuke Canada
1: Canada is the most useless country when it comes to war. They never help in any
hostile situation. It is never heard on the news, "Canadian troops advanced today
into a situation that is escalating out of control."
__________________________________________________ _____________________

I guess you must have slept through most of your history classes. Vimy Ridge? Dieppe? Those names ring a bell?

Sheesh.

Finlandril Far Seer
"Proud to be a Canadian... pass me another beer."

Old 06-23-2000, 07:38 PM   #19
thrawn96

That list wasnt mine! I regret trusting that stupid website with the list of why canada sucks! i went back to check if it had an email adress to tell them wat idiots they were. Oh well, i guess i just made a complete ass of myself.

Old 06-23-2000, 07:53 PM   #20
bmilder

Actually IP, while well intentioned, a portion of your post is inaccurate. In fact, all 50 states in the United States have their own State Constitution, so having a constitution does not mean you're a separate country!