Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-03-2004, 03:38 AM   #1
Tatië
Sapling

DISCUSSION - House of Gilfanon

The RP is here.

I am hoping some players will be interested in joining.

Gilfanon is available if anyone wants to play him. The Story will center on Gilfanon's family and descendants throughout the War of the Jewels. Right now he has his first son, and will have at least another after 50- 100 years or so. These children will then have children. The details of the personal interactions of the characters, their roles in Dorthonion and all of that stuff can be shaped freely as we go along, and the climax and ending constructed accordingly.

The RP begins during the 20th Year of the Sun. Things are pretty easy in Beleriand at the moment and the Noldor are relatively Unwary. At this point many could be travelling all over Beleriand discovering. Mereth Aderthad, Feast of ruiniting. Gilfanon will attend and probably meet up with his brothers there, or on his way there. If a player would like, he/she could play one of these brothers.

Year 60 - Morgoth attacks, this is the Glorious battle. See chapter 'Of the Return of the Noldor' for details. At this time some major changes would take place in Dorthonion and elsewhere. The people are now more wary and ready for battle.

That should be far enough for now.

I wonder if anyone has a question or idea?
Tatië is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
Finwë Nolofinwë
Sapling

I'd be more than happy to take on the role of Gilfanon if it's still on offer! I've always wanted to take part in a First Age RP and wander for a while amongst the wide lands of Beleriand. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Let me know what kind of things you want from me. Do we have to make a profile? Or would it better to describe the character in the actual flow of the story?

Oh! Also do we get to kill any orcs!?

~ Nolo.

Last edited by Finwë Nolofinwë : 06-03-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Finwë Nolofinwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:58 PM   #3
Tatië
Sapling

Hello there Finwe Nolofinwe... happy to have you.

And who would deny the role of Gilfanon to someone named after a High King of the Noldor?

Profile or not is up to you, I certianly don't require one.

As for what I want from Gilfanon, well I think it would be best that he is a likable person and aside from that he is pretty open. I'll let you know more as things go along. Have fun with him anyhow!

And as for orcs? Of course! In fact you might even end up with Maedhros in the Bragollach and catch a glimpse of Glaurung

Last edited by Tatië : 06-03-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Tatië is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:35 PM   #4
Tatië
Sapling

I think we'll be starting this soon.

Anyone else interested in playing an elf? Maybe one of Dorthonion, or someone to be met at the feasts of reuiniting?

If interested, just let me know, and we can work something out.

No RPing experience required I'm not very experienced myself.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:07 PM   #5
Utumno
Sapling

Quote:
Originally posted by Tatië

I'm not very experienced myself.
That's obvious

You must be the only person on the internet who can't even get a Tolkien RPG going... it's like the easiest thing in the world dude. People flock to RPGs.
Utumno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:42 AM   #6
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Not necessarily true. Take a look at some of the older threads here, you'll find some games that never attracked anyone. Our RPG forum is also suffering from a slightly lack of players at the moment.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:58 AM   #7
flybat3
Sapling

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Not necessarily true. Take a look at some of the older threads here, you'll find some games that never attracked anyone. Our RPG forum is also suffering from a slightly lack of players at the moment.
i will be legols
flybat3 is offline   Reply With Quote