Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-07-2004, 07:52 PM   #21
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

hmmm, I liked the Ginny/Neville thing. I love Neville in general and they went to the ball together and everything, and i think Neville likes Ginny like the time in OOTP when they were stuck in Umbridge's office and Neville was like protective of Ginny and stuff.

Oh, and I think the dementors and Voldy is just great. I wish them the best! I wonder what -those- kids would look like.

Oh, and I am definately not for Harry/Hermione. Ick no. Maybe, just maybe Ron/Hermione, but I don't really like that one either. I don't know.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:52 AM   #22
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Various People
I particularly like the last one there...
Me too...
...just great... I wonder what -those- kids would look like.
Good grief. What does it take to shock you people? That's it, I'm through. I'm throwing in the towel. It's now been proven once and for all that I've lost my edge.

Or not. Those of you hilighting this post (or quoting me, silly people)... Be warned. I'm on the verge of writing the Voldemort/Dementors BDSM slash orgy mpreg lemon out of sheer spite. So close... I can just feel the hideous prose bubbling to the surface from the depths of my mind. I must be strong. Must resist the dark allure of turning my mastery of the language to such a foul purpose...

]:-D FWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!
Why the giant devil-smiley and evil laughter? Oh, no reason.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:35 AM   #23
BeardofPants
the Shrike

That's it, I vote that we tie him down, and dress him up as ickle Harry Potter diddicums. And then read all the Potter books to him, ad infinitum.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:07 PM   #24
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Hey. I like the Harry Potter books.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:44 PM   #25
Aragorn_iz_cool
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Often they don't say why they like it or give any canon evidence...
http://harryloveshermione.com/extras/index.html#moments

Is that enough canon evidence for you?
Aragorn_iz_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:47 PM   #26
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Umm...no offense, but all of those sound to me like they're just really good friends. There's a lot of stuff about them being worried for each other, but that doesn't mean there's anything even hinting to a relationship there. Even JKR's said that their relationship is "purely platonic" Look here

Also on MuggleNet, this was written in the shipping section about H/Hr. They go on to include two essays about it, though.
Quote:
Our post-OotP thoughts: If there's something going on between the two of them, JKR does an awfully good job covering it up, because we can't see any canon proof hinting at it. "Canon proof? There's plenty!" Harry/Hermione fans say. You all wrote in with the things that happened in OotP that would suggest Harry and Hermione will be together. Harry pulled her back when Grawp tried to grab her, Harry pulled her down when the centaurs attacked Umbridge, Harry pulled her out of the way when the centaurs attacked Grawp, Harry felt horrible when he thought she was dead... The list goes on. Harry and Hermione are best friends. If you thought your best friend was dead, wouldn't you feel horrible too? If a 16-foot-tall Giant with hands the size of trash-can lids was reaching out to grab your best friend, wouldn't you pull her back too? All of this "proof" concedes that Harry does care for Hermione, as he should, but it does not add any weight to the argument behind the possibility of them being anything more than just friends.
~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:56 PM   #27
azalea
Long lost mooter

Hey, if you look on the astrology part of that first site, note the stuff she has written about HBP:
1. The DADA teacher will be of unusual or FOREIGN origin
2. Harry will travel back in time somehow
3. Harry will be lured somewhere by a female that has been planted as a lure by the DE

All these things sound like our predictions on the other thread!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:52 AM   #28
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Which is dying.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:14 PM   #29
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn_iz_cool
http://harryloveshermione.com/extras/index.html#moments

Is that enough canon evidence for you?
I don't think those quotes were meant to be interpreted that way, but the author of this site is certainly entitled to their opinion.

For example, the reason Harry thought of Hermione immediately when they heard a troll was on the loose is because he and Ron were the only ones who knew she had snuck away. (Or maybe just him. I forget.)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 04:42 PM   #30
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I agree, these are no evidences, as they obviously like each other. Read them again, and show me how they show Hermione & Harry are in love.. if you want to.

For example:
Quote:
"They were bound to clear you," said Hermione, who had looked positively faint with anxiety when Harry had entered the kitchen kitchen and was now holding a shaking hand over her eyes.

Even though Hermione is trying to act calm, she can't hide the fact that she was incredibly worried about Harry at the trial.
It just means she's a very good friend, and she cares a bout Harry, and likes him very much, as a good friend! Nothing more.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:04 PM   #31
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

yeah, I agree with everyone else, no Harry/hermione evidence going on. Ron/Hermione on the other hand...I had never really thought about it before until I read the thread Siri posted. That's very interesting. *ponders* *hops on the R/H ship*

I'm still pushing Neville/Ginny too

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:10 PM   #32
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

There isn't really any R/H evidence either, but it seems to fit the story IMHO.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 10-15-2004, 12:14 PM   #33
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

pardon me, but what stands IMHO for?
Old 10-15-2004, 12:37 PM   #34
Telcontar_Dunedain

In my humble opinion.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 10-15-2004, 02:20 PM   #35
azalea
Long lost mooter

I like the line where Hermione turning to Ron for his opinion is compared to Mrs. Weasley turning to Mr. Weasley. I happen to think that they will end up together.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:22 PM   #36
Aragorn_iz_cool
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I agree, these are no evidences, as they obviously like each other. Read them again, and show me how they show Hermione & Harry are in love.. if you want to.
D'you see anyone else (Ron ect.) getting that upset and emotional over the hearing?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:01 PM   #37
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Okay, here's my book quotes showing that yes, other people were worried. They just show it differently then Hermione, depending on their personalities.
Quote:
"I knew it!" yelled Ron, punching the air. "You always get away with stuff!" ...
Mrs. Weasley was wiping her face on her apron, and Fred, George and Ginny were doing a kind of war dance to a chant that went "He got off, he got off, he got off-"
You call that not happy that he's off?
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:35 AM   #38
Telcontar_Dunedain

And all of the order were worried then relieved. DUmbledore turned up to defend him.

Old 10-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #39
Aragorn_iz_cool
Elven Warrior

Ron was happy, but he wasn't "positively faint with anxiety"

Mrs. Weasley was the other person who got emotional "wiping her face on her apron" and we knew she loves Harry (although not that way, obviously) Ginny, who you are say Harry will be with, was annoying her mother along with F & G. If JKR is going to put her with Harry, she would have had an invidual reaction. Her plot perpose was in COS, and she is only given and individual role in GOF & OOTP when it has to do with that (I've been possesed by Voldemort), or when she can be used in a way that advances the plot, but has little to do with her (introducing Luna) She is mostly described along with twins, just another weasley, such as the QWC in GOF and the "War Dance" in OOTP. Harry/Luna, on the other hand, I will admit has some evidence, (end of OOTP) although I do not personally support it. (I might be able to learn to like it, unlike H/G, and it could be used as a plot device to lead to H/Hr)

Last edited by Aragorn_iz_cool : 10-21-2004 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:00 PM   #40
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

As was already pointed out, being positively faint with anxiety was Hermione's reaction to the situation. It doesn't prove that she's in love with him.

But there's no real evidence for or against. So happy shipping everyone!
Quote: