Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Nerwende
Sapling

Glorfindel reincarnated

Hi, I have a question about Glorfindel.

When Glorfindel was reincarnated it is said that he become almost the equal of the maia.

Quote:
Glorfindel’s spirit passed to the Halls of Mandos, where he waited with the spirits of the other Noldor who had died during their war against Morgoth. But because of Glorfindel’s noble actions in life, his reluctance at the Exile, and his furthering of the purposes of the Valar by saving Tuor and Idril, he was re-embodied after only a short time. He had redeemed himself, and was purged of any guilt. Not only did his sacrifice get him an early pardon, it earned him great powers, so that he was almost an equal to the maiar.
Then it is said that Galadriel was

Quote:
the mightiest and fairest of all the Elves that remained in Middle-Earth
and

Quote:
"Galadriel, the greatest of the Eldar surviving in Middle-earth, was potent mainly in wisdom and goodness, as a director or counsellor in the struggle, unconquerable in resistance (especially in mind and spirit) but incapable of punitive action."
"Unfinished Tales "The Istari"
Is Glorfindel included in the "elves that remained" or is he a special case, cause his power increased.
I think Galadriel has very mich power herself and Nenya.

I know that´s the old boring power debate, but today I´m somehow interested in that and would like to know what you think about that.

And for the fairest part, does that mean that Galadriel is more fair than Arwen or is she not included cause she in half elven? I think she belongs to the elves until she decides to become mortal.
Nerwende is offline   Reply With Quote