Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-17-2004, 10:07 AM   #1
Millane
The Dude

Holy Wood

why restrain Manson to the entertainment forum when i can drag him in here too
So maybe some of you know, and maybe some of you too have been waiting for years for it to finally be released (its taking longer than AFfC ), its Marilyn Manson's novel, Holy Wood. I only just found an excerpt the other day on a manson fansite so im overjoyed.
well since it wont let me put a picture in, here is the cover art
and the synopsis
Quote:
Not yet released, Manson refers to Holy Wood as "... a fiction novel, most likely comparable with something like 'A Clockwork Orange'," Manson said. "The storylines are not similar in any way, but it's a social commentary and it takes place in a fictional time that's neither the past nor the present."

"It deals with all the subjects that the record (Holy Wood) focuses upon: the value of children, politics and religion, violence as entertainment. I'm sure it will be greeted with great controversy and hatred, and I'm sure someone will read it and want to make it into a film. But my original idea of making it into a film the way I wanted to would never be possible. It would never be shown in a theatre; the images are far too grand, elaborate and violent."
and of course the excerpt, which is pretty disturbing but i think it should be alright to post (if its inappropriate im sorry) Chapter 10
i dunno theres something about that chapter that seems more Mechanical Animals than Holy Wood. Coma White for one...