Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2003, 11:44 PM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul If Jackson made "The Silmarillion the Movie"

This is just to post your ideas on what jackson woudl change and how he would make The Silmarillion into an action movie.

I saw this in the Sil Forum posted by BB concerning Jackson making a Silmarillion movie -

Quote:
It won't happen in Christopher Tolkien's lifetime but once the old coot finally kicks the bucket and one of his more enlightened kin takes over the family business, I could see the estate selling the film rights to the Silmarillion for mega-bucks.

With the multibillion dollar film successes of the LOTR, anybody with half a brain knows that the Silmarillion is a hot property. After the Hobbit is finally filmed in a few years, the heat will be on to move to the Silmarillion. If handled properly, it could become a huge Star Wars-like film franchise.

The secret to success is that these have to be Peter Jackson films. Frankly, no one else could do the material justice.
Now after I cleaned up the throw up again - I started thinking - what would a Silmarillion movie be like if Jackson did it. We know how he had Faramir drag Frodo to Osgiliath, created Arwen into Xena-Elf, had Theoden's huge exorcism scene. So what woudol he do?

For instance this is something quick I came up with while I was talking with someone. ... Luthien is carried off by a dragon and Beren fights to save her. He single handedly kills the beast and wins Luthien's hand in marriage.

I have to admit - I had a lot of mockery stuff that I decided to take out. Like "it shows the love between Luthien and Beren beautifully". "Jackson did an awesome job and showed their love in the only way possible in the allotted time" Okay - so I decided to add the mockery back in.

How would Jackon portray the creation of the world? etc. What outrageous things would he come up with to spice up the movie and make it more action oriented.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-28-2003 at 11:49 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote