Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2002, 12:37 AM   #1
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Yes, there was a scene of A/A kissing, well, Arwen in Aragorn's arms looking very happy, anyway. I missed that, too, and only got it from watching the cut-off trailer that Goatee posted (btw, Goatee, I am worshipping you for the 13 second clever rascal worship....)
How do you mean, using bits of the script everywhere? Quoting the movie? Heh. All the time! And the books, and the tapes...
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 01:54 AM   #2
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Re: Download it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Goatee
It looks like a bootleg, the quality sucks and it is about 20 megs, but you can still see it! TTT trailer
Thanks Goatee. Though I couldn't see most of the easter eggs and other details, at least I got to see how it generally looked.

My favorite shot is that of Eowyn from Aragorn's POV. She's really cute when she's serious. Mmmmm..

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 02:37 AM   #3
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Oh my god! I just saw the trailer. Gandalf looked great! Eowyn, you go girl! Treebeard is fantastic! I can't wait for the TT! OK, I'm finished. FRODO LIVES!!!!!!!!!!

BTW the link above doesn't work for me.

Last edited by cassiopeia : 04-02-2002 at 02:38 AM.
cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 02:56 AM   #4
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Ai! My evil, villanous mother probably won't let me see it again on Thursday! But I really shouldn't complain. . .I mean, if some peoples can't see it on the big screen at all (yet), and I've already seen it. . .but still, WE WANTS IT!!! Okay, calming down now. Again. . .Tano, let's try to find sometime to see it, 'kay? Probably after Florida. . .hey! Maybe my grandparents will take me when I visit them! *evil laughter*

I tried the link, it didn't work for me either. Oh well.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 05:43 AM   #5
Midgardsormen
Hobbit

Here is a link that does work!! I've watched it about 8 times....the look on Pippin's face just cracks me up...
The commentary is in Chinese and it is only about a minute.... but it is wonderful.

Go to: http://www.orlandomultimedia.net

and click on the TTT preview (its way over on the right of the screen, you may have to scroll sideways - good quality, and very nice bits of the Preview!!)

Just wish I could watch it one frame at a time!!

ps. There are a lot of other good filmclips from the Oscars etc. too!!

Last edited by Midgardsormen : 04-02-2002 at 06:09 AM.
Midgardsormen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 10:50 AM   #6
Goatee
Hobbit

If you guys want, email me (look in profile) and I can send you the full trailer. Keep in mind that it is about 20 megs! I will send it out tonight.

I am glad you guys liked the short one, but the full version is so much better.
Goatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:01 AM   #7
Twilight
Elven Warrior

I actually got the 20 meg version to work once last night, but now it doesn't work any more. Oh well. It was good while it lasted. Thank you so much Goatee.
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:12 AM   #8
Goatee
Hobbit

You are welcome!

It sucks that it was only working for a few hours.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:15 AM   #9
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Mine still works. One question though; which part was treebeard in? I'm trying to imagine or at least catch a glimpse on the video. Thanks again Goatee.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-02-2002, 12:10 PM   #10
Goatee
Hobbit

You are Welcome, Arathorn.

Are you downloading the short one that seems to abruptly end? That one does not have Treebeard in it. The full version was the first link I posted, it has been removed and it has so much more. Like I said, I can email it out to you all, if your ISP can handle a 20 meg email.

I can't stop watching the thing...

Also, if you guys have Morpheus, I bet you can find it there. Try doing a search for L2T.mov or The Two Towers. Just a thought. I will have to give it try tonight and see if I can find it.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:28 PM   #11
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I got the big one (L2T) but couldn't get the smaller one. It does get dark ever now and again and I think I'm looking for treebeard in the wrong dark part.

Like I said earlier, Eowyn is really cute when she has that sword sparring match with Aragorn. My heart melts like a bar of Lindt chocolate every time I see it. Mmmmm...

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-02-2002, 01:27 PM   #12
Goatee
Hobbit

That is good.

For Treebeard look real close at about 2:50...
Old 04-02-2002, 08:12 PM   #13
Midgardsormen
Hobbit

The short Chinese clip only shows part of the whole thing but the quality is better so if you want to see treebeard, try the address I posted above!!
Got to see the whole thing yesterday....watched it about 3 times...I think Helms Deep is going to be great!!
Old 04-02-2002, 08:59 PM   #14
Vardasoroniel
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Lelondul
That's precisely what I can't remember Varda. I don't have a passage with me, I'll have to check.

Come to think of it, doesn't Alan Lee have a painting of Edoras w/the Golden Hall shown as a dome of stone? Perhaps this is where my imagery springs from...
i re-read several passages @ Meduseld and Edoras - specific building material is not mentioned, other than the roofs and pillars were leafed with pure gold. Edoras is described as a hill-fortress with stockade and dike. It was also said that it was not a true stronghold, and the kings of Rohan used Dunharrow, in the mountains further south as a war refuge. So, i'm imagining that the buildings in Edoras could be of wood, especially the King's Hall, while the buildings in Dunharrow might be of sturdier stone.

this is of course all conjecture on my part.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:11 PM   #15
Midgardsormen
Hobbit

I thought Edoras looks exactly as I had imagined it!! Very very Viking-ish, in wood with beautiful carvings!!
I think PJ has spent a lot of time and energy trying to get the feel of each place right!!
Old 04-03-2002, 01:45 AM   #16
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

See, same here, I had always thought Edoras to be about the same as shown in the trialer.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 02:51 AM   #17
Eruviel Greenleaf

I, too, thought Edoras was about perfect, to what I imagined. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-03-2002, 10:42 AM   #18
Pailan
Elven Warrior

The glimpse of Fanghorn, himself was betterthan my imagination. What do you mooters think?

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 10:48 AM   #19
Eruviel Greenleaf

Treebeard was better than my imagination too--I could never quite picture the ents, but I am quite happy with this interpretation!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-03-2002, 11:57 AM   #20
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Hear that Peej, they really do like it. Didn't I tell you it's nice to get feedback every once in a while?

*Sees off his imaginary director friend*

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...