Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2001, 01:29 PM   #1
Gloer
Sapling

The worst change in FOTR

It is the part they gave to Arwen.

I do not mind having her come to search for Aragorn and heal Frodo instead of Glorfindel. That's ok.

But I saw the Newsweek trailer!

Arwen saying defiently: "Come and claim him!" with a passed out Frodo on her lap.

And then Gandfal saying defiently: " YOU CAN NOT PASS!"

Ok. We know that Gandalf is fighting Balrog. That is going to be a very grand moment in the movie.

They clearly thought Arwen could have a similar moment. My god it is TOTALLY BAD TASTE!

Ringwrighs are not violent like balrog. They attack your will power. Balrog doesn't really care. So Gandalf can clash with Balrog. Tension is there. But With Ringwrights one either runs for his life or freezes in fear. You can't have ANYONE stand his/her ground against them. Unless they seek to die and thus have nothing to fear.

Besides - It is Frodo's fight.
I hope I can skip over this scene. Arwen portrayal is so disgusting.
And I didn't think it would be so bad. I am not a fanatic.

Last edited by Gloer : 12-05-2001 at 01:30 PM.
Gloer is offline   Reply With Quote