Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #11
Tree Dweller
Elven Warrior

Location: The bulls-eye for recent hurricanes, but I still love these white sands....nothing compares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
i think one of the main goals of pj was to put a strong female character in the first movie... remember, for some audience members it may have been their very first exposure to tolkien period

frodo proves his strength all over the place throughout the movie... and he doesn't die either, he just goes unconcious (like in the book)

personally, i would have preferred this part to be more book-like with glorfindel and all, but it's not that bad

I am one of those who saw first, read later. (At least for the first 2 books)
When I went back to read FOTR and found Arwen was not in that part, I was a little bit disappointed (in the movie, not the book). But I don't think it made a real difference in the big picture. I was still completely drawn into Middle Earth through that film and even more delighted once I read Tolkien's words.

-------------------------------------------
I always liked going South, somehow it feels like going downhill.
Treebeard

-------------------------------------------

~*~Diary of a Beach Bum~*~
Tree Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote