Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
Nautipus
Kraken King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuinor
Here's a character from a story I have recently started, if any are interested:

His name is Aen, a young Man (roughly eighteen) with a really hard past (I know, I know, the stereotype fantasy hero). He was born in the small town of South Dale to the race of Mortal Men known as the Undari-Ruan. At the age of nine his home town was sacked by orcs (I really hate to use orcs or elves, but I can't think of any good names by which to call these creatures), but his father and other men of the town managed to escape the catastrophe along with him and others. Instead of simply letting go, Aen's father established a sort of band of those who had lost their homes and lead them in countless raids against the orcs. Aen grew and learned early on about war and death, but as he grew close to coming of age his father's band, which he was a part of, was ambushed and supposedly all but him were slain. For a long time he wandered alone in the wilderness until finally he came upon the fortress city of Odoruen, where he was met by a prophet who gave him a greatsword ironically named Hope, saying that he would be the bearer of Hope to Mortal Men. Not knowing what fate shall throw at him next, he once again takes on the life of the wanderer, and despite his negative outlook he keeps the blade.

His looks are rather drab. Though his golden hair is rarely found among his people, which tend to have dark brown or black hair, his light blue eyes are common in all the Undari-Ruan. He is perhaps a bit shorter than the standard, but for his age he is very muscular. Some scars show on his body, but what warrior doesn't have scars? His clothes are often what give people the misconception that he is a troublemaker, for the leather they are made from shows many signs of tear and abuse. The only thing of worth that he wears is a gauntlet made up of three kite-shaped plates. He hides his face under his hood very often, as his different colored hair makes him feel like an "Outlander," as foriegners are known in that region.

So, what do you think, all you reading out there?

When are you going to finish that story, T-man?

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"