Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-13-2008, 05:16 AM   #61
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Bless you, Lief! Very good that you have found your path in life.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #62
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Laus tibi, Christe! I'm very glad to hear how great your experience was.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:23 AM   #63
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Interesting experience!
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #64
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Thank-you very much, everyone!!
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:33 AM   #65
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

I'm not a very religious person, but I would appreciate it if everyone could put my brother in their thoughts. He's a wildlands fire-fighter, and has just been sent to his first fire of the season - a large fire near Yosemite in California. It's a dangerous job, and my family always worries about him a great deal when he's on a fire.

So if you could keep him in your thoughts and pray/hope/whatever for his safety, I'd appreciate it.

~The Lay of Leithian
Curufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #66
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
I'm not a very religious person, but I would appreciate it if everyone could put my brother in their thoughts.
He's in my thoughts and my prayers.

For all those in need, Lord hear my prayer. Eventhough I don't know anyone here that well and though everyone would probably want nothing more than for me to die (like some people I know around home, and I don't know why), I know that everything will unfold as it should and that though the sun may set it will once again rise, for those who have another day left. And for those who don't, I pray for them as well. May they find the peace in death that they may not have found in life.

I'm in a Denethor mood myself now, and find myself quoting him.

"Why do the fools fly? Is it not better to die sooner than to die later? For die we must. Gondor is lost. There is no hope."
Old 05-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #67
Mari
Elf Lady

Ingwe, I have no idea why anyone would want you to die. I certainly don't and I believe no one here would. I wonder where you got that silly idea.

Death may be inevitable and what comes after death, no one knows. But living is something you only can do once, so do it the best you can. Life isn't something invented to test or torture, it's a gift.
It's not wrong to seek happiness and to openly claim that you do as long as one keeps in mind that he or she isn't the only one seeking happiness in life. Therefore give before taking and just "Smile and be RADIANT".

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #68
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I've radiated about as much light as I could. I thank you for your comments, Mari. It helps. At times like this though, the manic-depressive end completely encompasses me. At some time long time ago I couldn't imagine what dying of grief would be like, but I know what it feels like to be ill from it and I've never felt so empty of spirit, faith, hope, or anything. I don't know what brought it on. My fiance says that I have a terrible perspective on my own life and I know she's right, but after this long of dealing with an overthrown mind, it feels like the field of radiance collapsed. It's like being an Elf and losing the life of the Eldar to become mortal. It feels cold and though there's light around me, I feel like I'm stuck in eternal darkness.

Everyone says to fight, and I just need to find a way to be able to, but it's really a lot like Theoden or Denethor being overthrown. Eventhough those stories are fiction, they have basis in reality I think.

I pray for one thing above everything, that my family and the world at large survive in happiness even during what I foresee and fear to be very critical and traumatizing times ahead for the family, for the alliance, and for the world.

Can lack of sleep make someone begin to lose their mind, I wonder?
Old 05-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #69
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
I've radiated about as much light as I could. I thank you for your comments, Mari. It helps. At times like this though, the manic-depressive end completely encompasses me. At some time long time ago I couldn't imagine what dying of grief would be like, but I know what it feels like to be ill from it and I've never felt so empty of spirit, faith, hope, or anything. I don't know what brought it on. My fiance says that I have a terrible perspective on my own life and I know she's right, but after this long of dealing with an overthrown mind, it feels like the field of radiance collapsed. It's like being an Elf and losing the life of the Eldar to become mortal. It feels cold and though there's light around me, I feel like I'm stuck in eternal darkness.

Everyone says to fight, and I just need to find a way to be able to, but it's really a lot like Theoden or Denethor being overthrown. Eventhough those stories are fiction, they have basis in reality I think.

I pray for one thing above everything, that my family and the world at large survive in happiness even during what I foresee and fear to be very critical and traumatizing times ahead for the family, for the alliance, and for the world.

Can lack of sleep make someone begin to lose their mind, I wonder?
I've responded to your post in RPG. All I can say is that you have to keep yourself active until you get out of your sad feelings. Do something, and don't sit around too much if you can help it.
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #70
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Actually yes, lack of sleep does make you lose your mind quite often.

If you're feeling this way, and you're low on sleep, then things will only get worse and worse. I suggest you do whatever you can to at least get some sleep if you're unable to improve the rest of your situation.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #71
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Aye, that I will try indeed. Problem last night was stomach problems and heartburn, mostly because something upset me the other day and some things are hard for me to pull out of my mind and set aside for re-evaluation. I'm like Feanor who in the spur of the moment swore in oath to recover the Silmarils, only to his demise and the sorrow of his line. Except for the fact that I didn't face the Lord of the Balrogs.

If lack of sleep makes the possibility of losing ones' mind, I'm obviously affected by it as I've seen today. I took medicine for falling asleep but it had almost no affect last night. I had three hours of total sleep. In the last three days I probably only had six hours of actual sleep, and none of it was a deep REM sleep.

There was an episode of Star Trek about the crew losing REM sleep and they became insane, so I guess not all of that sci-fi stuff is so unrealistic afterall.
Ingwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #72
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

If you continue to have difficulty getting good sleep, I would seriously suggest seeing your doctor to see if he can prescribe something more powerful. As I'm sure you know, there are different kinds of sleep medication and potentially the one you take isn't sufficient.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 AM   #73
Mari
Elf Lady

My grandmother is going in for final testing this morning and we'll get the results this afternoon with a treatment plan should treatment be possible. We are all quite nervous and hope something can be done about it.

Please think of my grandmother and the rest of us.
(This is the grandmother who has been ill for a while now by the way. The other one is complaining a lot about old age, but basically is as healthy as a 50 year old )

Last edited by Mari : 07-25-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 AM   #74
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I'll be doing that. Mari.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #75
Mari
Elf Lady

Well, the results are in. Her current condition is caused by a very aggressive type of bacteria, but with medication they should be dead in 2 to 3 weeks and in 4 to 5 weeks her energy should return. We are all so happy!
There has been some permanent damage, though there is no way to be certain how much was caused by the bacteria and how much was already there previously.

Thank you. And thank You.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #76
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I would like prayers for the Knoxville UU Church.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07...f=mpstoryemail

Good people. Targeted by hate.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #77
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Dear Mari and Ingwe, my friend - you are both in my thoughts and Im praying for you.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #78
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
I would like prayers for the Knoxville UU Church.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07...f=mpstoryemail

Good people. Targeted by hate.
God Almighty...that's terrible.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #79
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Please pray for this guy I know and his parents. His mom has cancer on her spine, and his dad is his bladder who also has to go on dialysis.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:11 PM   #80
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem View Post
God Almighty...that's terrible.
It's horrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
Please pray for this guy I know and his parents. His mom has cancer on her spine, and his dad is his bladder who also has to go on dialysis.
Praying . . .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote